Gibson Brands Forums

How's the Wife and Kids?

badbluesplayer

I am up here working. I am in Braintree, Mass in the hotel. We must have well over a foot. It is hard to tell how much has accumulate due to the wind. Some cars in parking lots have snow almost covering their tires and some up to the bumber, and it is still coming down.

out here in the snow belt, well over 2 feet. More snow coming. We could see about 30 inches or more.

stay say FZ..

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<grin>

Only recent photo... 1890 banquet last year... my 1870s-80s uniform. Then again, were you to have my full name, then check the records, it's there, I was born July 15, 1842...

Hmmmmm.... leaning a bit to hide the Nikon digital. <grin>

(This year the "history banquet" for the local museum will be 1900-1910.)

m

Tman...

In Korea I mostly was called 기자시 "Key Jah See." (My own transliteration. I don't have a Hangul keyboard, and I question the current transliteration style's appropriateness for anglophones to pronounce. I never did get the Korean words for "toilet," but I never had problems simply saying "toilet" in an interrogative voice. <grin>

but... my first name could make a Korean name as mentioned by Korean-American friends in Small Stone: Mah (마) Eer (이ᄅ) Rho (로) - Yeah, it doesn't handle the "Eer/Eel" very well.

m

<grin>

Only recent photo... 1890 banquet last year... my 1870s-80s uniform. Then again, were you to have my full name, then check the records, it's there, I was born July 15, 1842...

Hmmmmm.... leaning a bit to hide the Nikon digital. <grin>

(This year the "history banquet" for the local museum will be 1900-1910.)

m

nice pic !

and older pic of my 3 oldest daughters, Megan, Shaina & Christi

da3.jpg

shaina.jpg

one of my favorite pics of my middle daughter Shaina. (she's my lil pumpkin)

zorro.jpg

my sister, mother & I Christmas 1965. yep, Santa brought me a Zorro outfit.

she's thinking, "you better play this right " lol. how do you like that Brian May model ?

😀 actually the Brian May becomes my main guitar. It is really an amazing and versatile instrument

and older pic of my 3 oldest daughters, Megan, Shaina & Christi

da3.jpg

Beautiful family yourself Karloff. This photo is priceless. I can just imagine what mischief is going through their minds, especially the "middle kid". I was a middle kid so can relate.

Beautiful family yourself Karloff. This photo is priceless. I can just imagine what mischief is going through their minds, especially the "middle kid". I was a middle kid so can relate.

lol, thnx. yep, there was never a dull moment. they all have been pretty good kids.

For the guitars that they made available to the public to try out the J40 was the winner for me.

It was fancy without being too gaudy and the sound was very similar to my HD-28V but in a smaller package and with a slimmer neck. Picture 50s Les Paul neck versus 60s Les Paul neck. All of their upper end models were good but the J40 really seems to be a special instrument.

One interesting thing is that they've been inserting DNA samples into their guitars since 2012 so you can get them tested to see if you're being offered a counterfeit or not. I'm not 100% sure of the process as one of the girls there told me about it on my way out of the production floor and you're not supposed to talk to the workers so I had to cut it short.

Another thing that they do is once the instrument is finished they pack it away in the case, wait 4 days, go over it again to make sure that everything is as it should be and THEN they ship it out. Their reasoning is that it takes that long for the glue to fully set and they can make sure nothing has gone haywire.

Sorry to derail the thread, back to the family photos.

Archived