Gibson Brands Forums

How is 2015 shaping up for you?

SteveFord

Sheesh - my condolences also to those who suffered tragedies so far this year, as well as those with major health problems.

Given that this is my year to turn my allotted three score and ten, I think my health is pretty good.

My lady wife of 40 years as of Valentine's Day is my bionic babe and getting feistier with last year's completion of major rebuilds, so she has two storebought hips, a storebought knee a batch of internal rebuilds and now two remanufactured feet. That latter means that the last months of 2014 and the first of this year, she's found herself five (yup, five and they ain't cheap) sets of new western boots. (She also talked me into a new laptop on our anniversary. Sheesh.)

No NGD. "She" sez there ain't room for one in the house and she's actually correct on that score.

So... short of some sort of collapse of health or cash, I'm not doing too poorly.

m

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sheesh - my condolences also to those who suffered tragedies so far this year, as well as those with major health problems.

Given that this is my year to turn my allotted three score and ten, I think my health is pretty good.

My lady wife of 40 years as of Valentine's Day is my bionic babe and getting feistier with last year's completion of major rebuilds, so she has two storebought hips, a storebought knee a batch of internal rebuilds and now two remanufactured feet. That latter means that the last months of 2014 and the first of this year, she's found herself five (yup, five and they ain't cheap) sets of new western boots. (She also talked me into a new laptop on our anniversary. Sheesh.)

No NGD. "She" sez there ain't room for one in the house and she's actually correct on that score.

So... short of some sort of collapse of health or cash, I'm not doing too poorly.

m

msp_thumbup.gif

Steve...

Yup on the date.

OTOH... it actually had to do when I could take a weekend off work since more or less, the word "vacation" never really has existed for me. Even "trips" have been work - although I can't complain since it's taken me all over the U.S., to Europe, South America and Asia.

(For example, people used to say they were jealous in the 15 years I'd take an annual week in Las Vegas. That is, until I told 'em it was pretty much on the job from around 9 a.m. to midnight - and except for good meals, there really wasn't much time at all for "play" of any sort, or of shows.)

m

Mine is starting out great! Got a huge Tax Return and well... I had to give it to Fender this year because Gibson dropped the ball.

10426249_10200157444495582_4811052642181093444_n.jpg?oh=350d479bbfb5e0504b39fb07d4f3d78a&oe=554D300D&__gda__=1435004896_9038b1caa6e427df24a6856a6223072f

Also sold off my Line 6 head and bought another Marshall JCM 2000. I had a JCM 800 in the 80s and a JCM 900 in the 90s. Im sure glad these JCM 2000 will last a whole Century and not just a Decade! ;)

Donny my Telecaster is the same color as your Strat

so i mentioned all the bad things, guess I should mention the good things.

with the exception of slightly elevated blood pressure, all other vitals and levels are perfect, even though my wifes company will be closing, she will be there for 14 more months, and will receive a very generous severance package. plus this gives us time to restructure things and get finances in order. most people never get this luxury. they just get hit with the financial tsunami.

all my kids are doing great and in good health, my oldest is getting married, my youngest is engaged. my middle daughter has started her own Pie Co.

My mom is 76, and in perfect health. My dog Boris, he is terminally Ill, but he has already outlived 99% of Boxers, and he's still with us.

I'm getting to play music with my friends, and getting to sit in with 2 other friends when their guitarists has conflicting schedules.

my job is going well, I'm even being cross trained for other product lines. cross training is good... recently gave my music room a "make over". My wife is happy about it. Donny posted some cool pics of his room awhile back. I'll have to dig that thread up and post a few pics of my room.

so life all in all is great. like anything, theres ups and downs. you'd never have any ups, if it wasn't for the downs...

I've always loved roller coasters.

2015 has started to go very well recently.

A temporary transfer in my job became permanent on the 9th of February giving me more stability. I had put a lot of things on the long finger.

Last friday I got this beautiful Martin Acoustic as an early bithday present from my wife.

CEB6E614-8596-4270-9063-E947BBD8A216_zps1znfgygq.jpg

Then tomorrow, I pick up this beauty. A 2014 Audi A4 Avant.

CF482AD1-CE2E-4FFB-9461-196987FEEF24_zpstmg1mnex.jpg

Never mind a good year so far, it's been an incredible February. :)

plus this gives us time to restructure things and get finances in order. most people never get this luxury. they just get hit with the financial tsunami.

This.....

Being prepared all of the time is the best remedy.

Debt free, or nearly. This is harder on young people. Tis a fine line, sometimes......

Where do I start? I fell out with my eldest son on Christmas eve. We've not spoken since. I've posted on here about my neuralgia. I've had food poisoning this week. My anxiety is off the scale. so it's all S**T. My only positive is that I bought a Boss ME70 for £35 with a fault and fixed it for £9! bargain. I must say that Roland have been great. They sold my the part and then sent me the wiring schematics. Really helpful. I won an acoustic guitar on eBay for £26, but I can't get it. The seller won't respond to my messages. So that's in the hands of eBay. Obviously, they wanted more money but will get negative feedback instead.

You may remember putting me on to Propranolol which has worked fine, well keeping me playing at least,thank you for that. Like you my anxiety is off the scale and this effects my confidence so going out is difficult. The doc put me on an antidepressant Escitaloram which I think may be working there are good reports on their forum, might help for you. Best wishes.

Guest Farnsbarns

A temporary transfer in my job became permanent on the 9th of February giving me more stability. I had put a lot of things on the long finger.

Last friday I got this beautiful Martin Acoustic as an early bithday present from my wife.

CEB6E614-8596-4270-9063-E947BBD8A216_zps1znfgygq.jpg

Then tomorrow, I pick up this beauty. A 2014 Audi A4 Avant.

CF482AD1-CE2E-4FFB-9461-196987FEEF24_zpstmg1mnex.jpg

Good man! I work for a group of dealerships in the UK. Is now a good time to tell you I get a brand new Audi of my choice every 6 months except I don't drive. Working on that!

2015 is shaping up quite well, actually. Lots of surprises, lots of new guitar pedals. I'm currently building a pedalboard for myself. But the biggest surprise, by far, is the guitar that I will own in about 3 days. The Gibson EDS-1275 in Pelham Blue. It came out of nowhere, after waiting for months on my Cherry EDS-1275. Gibson Europe called my dealer, and told them about this guitar. After thinking about it for a while, I just pulled the trigger. It's a unique color, and you won't have the obvious association with famous guitar players like Page (Heritage Cherry), Don Felder or Alex Lifeson (Alpine White), or even Slash (Ebony). Great surprise, and I can't wait 'till it's Friday.

Too early to tell yet..

Still doing what I was last year, trying to perfect my guitars and maybe sell one...

Until that happens I have no idea about this year yet..

And if it doesn't happen I have no other plans at the moment.. so.. who knows :unsure: :)

I almost asked where in Europe (Euros on the price, not Pounds) did they drive on the left side of the road? Then I saw your location and thought, of course, Ireland!

Congrats on your new acquisitions, fantastic new year by the sounds of it!

Archived