Gibson Brands Forums

How is 2015 shaping up for you?

SteveFord

It's all good. Like Karloff said, you got to keep rolling. My J-35 is opening up nicely, my 12 string still sounds great, my Large B Cell Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma is still in remission, I took over as Mayor of Kiester, MN in January. My family is doing well, the cats are still kind of crazy, but what are going to do? I'll end like I started, by saying, "It's all Good"! Keep the Faith, my friends. [biggrin]

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Probably not, I think Black Francis plays Fenders. He'da probably woken up with a Tele.

That does it! I'm doing a thorough check under the bed before turning the light out tonight!!

lol

Guest Farnsbarns

Pretty bloody good really. I've given up the cigarettes (well, switched to a vaporiser for now but intend to stop that too) everyone is healthy, got a reasonable sallary uplift at annual appraisal. I finally have a full team at work, no more recruiting (for now). Managed to convince an old colleague with a lot of talent and good work ethic to come and work for me. I'm loosing weight (slowly but it's got a be positive while stopping smoking).

In general I have to say it's been a good start.

I have had a very sh**y week though. Can't be good times all the time.

All of this bad luck from some of the forum members has also made me realize that I'm doing pretty well so far in 2015. The only negative I have is I've depleted all of my inheritance money, mostly on bills, but I did manage to get a new Acoustic Guitar in January of 2014, but that was last year.

So 2015 is not so bad, yet...

I've managed a few things so far:

blew up the wife's stove (oops!), replaced the wife's stove

got half of the wife's in-wall oven working, hope to get the other part going next week

bought some very nice, used motorcycle gear online which fits, kinda, but I know a woman who does alterations so it will all work out

have been sick pretty much non stop since January thanks to my coworkers but am slowly shaking the creeping crud

did NOT win the PowerBall Lottery which means I'm not cursed for life

finally managed to start to feel comfortable on an acoustic guitar after nearly 4 solid months of no electric guitar and

paid off my "new" Triumph motorcycle so riding season will be fun next year.

The ups outweigh the downs and I guess the key is to celebrate the small victories that come my way and quickly forget the numerous set backs.

I hope that everyone who is going through difficult times at the moment has it turn around real soon.

So far so good [thumbup] Only had one band gig in January, so I had some extra time to work on some stuff. Sold more pedals and attenuators in January than any month in my life so far. Revamped my gig rig to include a lap steel guitar and some faux organ sounds via the EH B9 pedal. Looking forward to trying those out later this month in a string of gigs. Got a bit fitter by walking more, eating more vegetables and drinking less beer. So far 2015 and I are in love. [love]

2015 so far is good for me. Had a very busy end to 2014 with my photography business. Ive taken a hiatus from it at the moment but hope to get back in the saddle very soon. Moved house just over a year ago and loving my new life away from the big smoke...

Regards

Up and down....a lot better than some - my sympathies to Karloff, Lashurst, Guitar God......

I was made redundant on Dec 31st 2014 so now I have plenty of time to play and practice guitar. As another member says "it's all good" - except my band played a truly cr*p gig this evening, we loaded out in driving rain and I got home at 12.30....par for the course but I've been playing live 36 years and I'm still playing covers in back rooms of filthy pubs for rubbish money, the same money as I was getting in the early 80s. But that's what it is, that's gigs....entertainment.

Up and down....I'd like to play just one place where I have enough room and no completely drunk idiot staggering about and crashing into me half the time.

The guy lost balance, staggered back and stepped right on my foot this evening, with his whole weight. Jerk. I didn't play well tonight anyway but that didn't improve things.....

So as usual I have my hopes, dreams and ambitions then the reality puts it all into perspective....

Regards!

It's all good. Like Karloff said, you got to keep rolling. My J-35 is opening up nicely, my 12 string still sounds great, my Large B Cell Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma is still in remission, I took over as Mayor of Kiester, MN in January. My family is doing well, the cats are still kind of crazy, but what are going to do? I'll end like I started, by saying, "It's all Good"! Keep the Faith, my friends. [biggrin]

That's awesome to hear Doug !

Up and down....a lot better than some - my sympathies to Karloff, Lashurst, Guitar God......

I was made redundant on Dec 31st 2014 so now I have plenty of time to play and practice guitar. As another member says "it's all good" - except my band played a truly cr*p gig this evening, we loaded out in driving rain and I got home at 12.30....par for the course but I've been playing live 36 years and I'm still playing covers in back rooms of filthy pubs for rubbish money, the same money as I was getting in the early 80s. But that's what it is, that's gigs....entertainment.

Up and down....I'd like to play just one place where I have enough room and no completely drunk idiot staggering about and crashing into me half the time.

The guy lost balance, staggered back and stepped right on my foot this evening, with his whole weight. Jerk. I didn't play well tonight anyway but that didn't improve things.....

So as usual I have my hopes, dreams and ambitions then the reality puts it all into perspective....

Regards!

Thanx for the condolences. Ive been gigging about as long as you have and I know what you mean about playing for same $$ as 30 yrs ago. But guys like you n I and like many more on this forum, yea some $$ in the pocket is nice, but we do this because we love it. Love the process of making music. Love that feeling when you pull off a decent lead. But... a little $ is nice.

Life goes by faster and faster as I get older it seems...

An admission and revelation by my wife about her childhood showing it was a living hell and marked by horrific abuse and neglect and all sorts of bad/sad/evil things, it was a quick stunning slap in the face that shook me pretty good... But I think it will lead to good things as she's new being proactive about dealing with it rather than keeping it all locked-up inside like some deep dark terrible secret. Coming to the realization that it's not her fault and that it never was and that no matter what transpired that she's not even partly responsible for a childhood of depravity, madness, and terrible things. I think we're going in a much better direction now and with that information, alot of our marital "issues" make sense and there's not just an arbitrary intentional reason on her part, so all the resentment and anger that I've developed over the years has suddenly suspended... That's a good thing and I think things can only get better on that front...

I also just got this result from an MRI I finally went for after having some pretty serious back pain for about a year:

At L4-L5, there is decreased T2 signal of the disc, decreased height of the disc, small to

moderate central disc herniation, diffuse disc bulging, endplate spurring, bilateral

neuroforaminal stenosis, facet arthropathy, and mild central spinal canal stenosis. There is T2

and STIR signal changes of the bone marrow of the endplates consistent with degenerative

change. There are 2 T2 hyperintensities, each measuring approximately 4 mm, just lateral to the

right facet.

At L5-S1, there is decreased T2 signal of the disc, moderate central disc herniation, disc

bulging, facet arthropathy and bilateral neural foraminal stenosis. There is a 4 mm rounded

fluid collection adjacent to the caudad and posterior margin of the disc, just left of midline.

IMPRESSION: Central disc herniations at L4-5 and L5-S1 as described.

Multilevel bony and discogenic degenerative changes as described.

Probable left renal cysts. Renal ultrasound suggested.

So it wasn't all in my head after all, even though they kept sending me for X-Rays when I complained and found nothing whatsoever, so I finally demand better testing and have to demand an MRI and am lucky enough to get the NP to sign-off on it and find these results...

At least I have a direction to go and hopefully treatment will be effective even if it means surgery... I want it fixed, I ain't gonna be no cripple and I'm way too busy to be disabled! I've been functioning normally and gettin' life done for over a year now with this condition, so as far as I'm concerned that can only get better now that I know what's up to get after to get treated...

All in all I'm thinkin' it should only go up from here... But...

It turns out my loss in OT at my place of work has caused a deeper financial burden that I had figured and It appears that I'm gonna have to sell my truck so we can start keeping up with our other payments again. My OT used to pay for it and give me even more GAS spending funds to play around with... Just the loss in OT alone has gutted my annual pay by approx. $15K. I don't think I'm gonna make the 5 years on the payments on it to be able to keep it. It's just too much of a burden without that OT so I really don't have much choice.

On top of that my daughter goes off to college this fall... Need I say more?!? Her current car is on it's last legs with 168K miles and it will absolutely need to be replaced. Not being able to handle the payments now means I'm gonna have to sell the truck, and get us into 2 leftover somethings probably on lease to make payments that are less than I'm making now... A full time student working part time isn't going to be able to make a car purchase and support herself in her freshman year of college at the same time. I'd like to give her that head-start so I don't see any way around selling my truck. That is kinda sad for me because it was the first time in my life that I bought a really good truck for myself and I love it. But being behind on all my bills now makes it impossible for me to keep now...

If some more of my gear sells I'll be able to hold my own for the better part of the year, but that still leaves me with another vehicle to lease or purchase for my daughter by the end of summer and that's just not in the cards so I have to downscale from my truck into something more economically viable in order to get her something too...

That kinda sucks... But I got no choice, I gotta stabilize financially!

Been a bit of a challenge so far in 2015...

Jimi,

man, take care of that back... i know what you mean about restructuring finances. cut costs. our kids are #1 priority, but you gotta fix you, in order to help her. sounds like its time for a slightly smaller amp ...

The Line-6 DT50-212 is already on the auction block! [smile]

Already got the Vox AD120VTX to replace it, and man it's so much lighter!!! I've very pleased and excited with the Vox.

I figure I was gonna go on the way I was and deal with it, so since I'm gettin' after it things can only get better!

I'll be making all the necessary appointments this week so I'm gettin' after it!

Thanks for the concern! [thumbup]

Any day above ground is a good day!

It's all good!

So far so good for me,

Everyone is healthy. My daughter is growing.

Got an excellent rating at work again. That means a good increase and another killer bonus.

My fu#%ing labrynthitis subsided after 6 terrible months. (never missed a day of work but I should have).

My back has actually been improving a lot with consistent exercise, massages, chiropractor adjustments and stretching. I feel great, better than I have in years.

Now I need to up my game on guitar since the nerves going to my left hand are not as pinched as they always are.

Jimi,

If you try to sell that beautiful custom made guitar you just bought I will take a motorcycle ride up there for an intervention for your own good.

No worries there! I got plenty others that'll go, but "Manalishi" and "Scarlett" never will!!!

There are keepers that I'll not part-with under any circumstance including destitution, and those are two of them!

Can't really say I'm having a s**t 2015 at the moment, but it has been full on so far!

I've lost a few pounds in weight and I'm eating healthier. I've been at my most recent job 6 months now, and passed probation with a small pay increase (the kind where they say it's for the increase in cost of living, but it doesn't cover half of 1 month's rent - still, can't moan too much!).

Lots of project work going on at work at the moment; having to be so stupidly careful with cashflow: got 2 overseas stag do's (I'm planning one of them) and an overseas wedding to attend (best man for it, and it's in Kenya), plus numerous other events that require travel and hotel stays. On top of that I'm juggling 2 Open University modules for my Bachelors Degree.

It's going to be an expensive year! Short of winning the lottery, winning a few hundred notes on a scratch card, or selling a kidney - I don't think I'm getting a new guitar or amp this year!

My deepest condolences for those that have been struck with tragedy this year.

Mine is starting out great! Got a huge Tax Return and well... I had to give it to Fender this year because Gibson dropped the ball.

Great strat Donnie. I know you were gassin for one for a while.

10426249_10200157444495582_4811052642181093444_n.jpg?oh=350d479bbfb5e0504b39fb07d4f3d78a&oe=554D300D&__gda__=1435004896_9038b1caa6e427df24a6856a6223072f

Also sold off my Line 6 head and bought another Marshall JCM 2000. I had a JCM 800 in the 80s and a JCM 900 in the 90s. Im sure glad these JCM 2000 will last a whole Century and not just a Decade! ;)

I also just got this result from an MRI I finally went for after having some pretty serious back pain for about a year:

At L4-L5, there is decreased T2 signal of the disc, decreased height of the disc, small to

moderate central disc herniation, diffuse disc bulging, endplate spurring, bilateral

neuroforaminal stenosis, facet arthropathy, and mild central spinal canal stenosis. There is T2

and STIR signal changes of the bone marrow of the endplates consistent with degenerative

change. There are 2 T2 hyperintensities, each measuring approximately 4 mm, just lateral to the

right facet.

At L5-S1, there is decreased T2 signal of the disc, moderate central disc herniation, disc

bulging, facet arthropathy and bilateral neural foraminal stenosis. There is a 4 mm rounded

fluid collection adjacent to the caudad and posterior margin of the disc, just left of midline.

IMPRESSION: Central disc herniations at L4-5 and L5-S1 as described.

Multilevel bony and discogenic degenerative changes as described.

Jimi, not trying to compete with war stories but rather I hope maybe that misery loves company. My physician sent me to an MRI due to my ongoing back problems. When he got it back all the interpretation from the radiologist said was "moderate to severe spinal stenosis". He said that there is more going on than that so he sent to a neurosurgeon. The neurosurgeon said that there is more than just the "moderate to severe spinal stenosis". I really can't remember what all he saw on the MRI. I should have, I've been in healthcare most of my adult life but I was in such a fog. The neurosurgeon said that we would try spinal injections before doing surgery so he sent me to a spine guy for that.

The spine guy finally spent a lot of time with me and went over the MRI. 1) Severe spinal arthritis 2) Severe spinal stenosis 3) spinal misalignment at two locations, and 4) herniated disc at L4. He then said "You've got a lot going on beyond that but those are the main problems!"

So we started with a spinal injection a couple weeks ago between L3 & L4. It did nothing. I went back for a follow up the week before last and told him of no results and he said let's try between L4 & L5. I can only think that it was really near blizzard conditions when I went in and he must have had some appointment cancellations. Normally you have to schedule the injection at least a week out. So we did the injection and I could immediately feel something where the radiating pain to the front of my leg is. He said that was a great sign. The next evening I had excruciating pain and could barely walk. Again, to be expected. The next week I was absolutely pain free for an entire week. for the first time in a year! But now the bad news is that for the last two to three days the pain has been gradually returning. Nothing debilitating and if stays like this I can manage it with pain killers. I'll just have to wait and see. If it prgressively get's worse I am probably back to the neurosurgeon to schedule the surgery.
[thumbdn]

Let's see, I've been sick since January but now I've managed to give the creeping crud to the wife.

Even better news, the label on the latest batch of antibiotics says that the product may cause diarrhea for months to come!

So there may be a few ups and downs but I still think 2015 will be better than 2014.

Mine is starting out great! Got a huge Tax Return and well... I had to give it to Fender this year because Gibson dropped the ball.

10426249_10200157444495582_4811052642181093444_n.jpg?oh=350d479bbfb5e0504b39fb07d4f3d78a&oe=554D300D&__gda__=1435004896_9038b1caa6e427df24a6856a6223072f

Also sold off my Line 6 head and bought another Marshall JCM 2000. I had a JCM 800 in the 80s and a JCM 900 in the 90s. Im sure glad these JCM 2000 will last a whole Century and not just a Decade! ;)

Sweet ! and I love my JCM 2000 also. just hate lugging it around. only thing better than a Marshall, is 2 Marshalls, lol.

Archived