Gibson Brands Forums

How is 2015 shaping up for you?

SteveFord

Back in December 2014 I posted that I believe 2015 would be a really good year for everyone.

I know that it's real early in the year but how has my prediction gone for everyone (aside from FZ Fan who has probably died in an avalanche)?

So far, so good on this end I'm very happy to say. Everyone else?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Started off bad for me. First, I got sick on New Year's, then one of my childhood dogs had to be put down due to cancer, then three weeks after that another dog I've had since childhood had to be put down. [crying] One was 12 years and 7 months old and the other was 13 years and 4 months old. It was very hard. Went from five dogs to three dogs in three weeks time is very, very hard. It's loosing a family member. But, going good now. For one, getting a new puppy this weekend. Getting a Boxer pup. Very excited about that. [biggrin]

I'm not exactly depressed. At least it doesn't feel like it.

But I'm spending way too much time sleeping.

The first thought when my feet hit the floor is "When can I slip between the sheets again?"

But spring is coming. We're having a mild winter on the west coast.

Time to think about canoeing, cycling, not forgeting guitaring (Is that a word? :unsure: )

Stay out of the bight.

well, seeing how you asked...

a long time friend was diagnosed on 2/2 with Pancreatic cancer, 2/4- with stage 4 lung cancer and on 2/7 passed away at home. my youngest cousin had a stroke on 2/6 but will recover. another cousin diagnosed with non hodgkins lymphoma, my dog Boris' cancer is growing, my wifes company where she has worked for 30 years, is closing and moving to a tax friendlier location, high school buddy passed away 1st week of January respiratory failure, and my Doc has put me on Blood pressure medicine.

all you can do is keep rolling... don't wanna sound corny, but its beautiful seeing the sun rise. but like skilsaw said, sometimes all i want to do is crawl under the covers.

this forum is a nice diversion sometimes. you guys really do crack me up.

a long time friend was diagnosed on 2/2 with Pancreatic cancer, 2/4- with stage 4 lung cancer and on 2/7 passed away at home. my youngest cousin had a stroke on 2/6 but will recover. another cousin diagnosed with non hodgkins lymphoma, my dog Boris' cancer is growing, my wifes company where she has worked for 30 years, is closing and moving to a tax friendlier location, high school buddy passed away 1st week of January respiratory failure, and my Doc has put me on Blood pressure medicine.

all you can do is keep rolling... don't wanna sound corny, but its beautiful seeing the sun rise. but like skilsaw said, sometimes all i want to do is crawl under the covers.

I know what you mean. The last time I looked in a mirror, I still saw my reflection. Not to bad, I guess.

Where do I start? I fell out with my eldest son on Christmas eve. We've not spoken since. I've posted on here about my neuralgia. I've had food poisoning this week. My anxiety is off the scale. so it's all S**T. My only positive is that I bought a Boss ME70 for £35 with a fault and fixed it for £9! bargain. I must say that Roland have been great. They sold my the part and then sent me the wiring schematics. Really helpful. I won an acoustic guitar on eBay for £26, but I can't get it. The seller won't respond to my messages. So that's in the hands of eBay. Obviously, they wanted more money but will get negative feedback instead.

".....all you can do is keep rolling... don't wanna sound corny, but its beautiful seeing the sun rise. but like skilsaw said, sometimes all i want to do is crawl under the covers. this forum is a nice diversion sometimes. you guys really do crack me up."

Look at the bright side mate, it could've been worse. While you were sleeping, the pixies from the bottom of the garden could've snuck inside your home and changed all your guitars to Zero Fret Nuts with G-Force tuners. (true...keeps me awake some nights!).

Karloff your story of diagnosis until death of a few days is really unbelievable. Sincere condolences.

For me, so far so good. Last year I had 2 lumbar disc herniations that were at times debilitating. Had an injection in November and this year so far has been great in that regard. Wife is studying hard and doing well. Kids doing well. Work is good. Dogs and cat are a hoot. Importantly, I'm playing guitar and loving it.

I've always been a glass is half full kinda guy.

Look at the bright side mate, it could've been worse. While you were sleeping, the pixies from the bottom of the garden could've snuck inside your home and changed all your guitars to Zero Fret Nuts with G-Force tuners. (true...keeps me awake some nights!).

That would keep me awake EVERY night!

They might suck the nibs off my frets while they're at it...

A very close friend (adoptive family) had a baby in December, who had to be delivered early due to having a hole in the heart. He was rushed to hospital on Monday and is in intensive care, he will be transferred this coming Monday from Addenbrookes in Cambridge to Great Ormond Street London to have an operation.

My car failed its MOT big time, will cost more to repair than its worth. I know its only a car, and its nothing compared to what my friend is going through. So I'm now saving for another car.

On a positive note I bought myself a Blackstar HT1r (bought before car failed MOT) neat little amp, impressed with sound. MP3 line in and headphone socket which = happy neighbours.

Finally got round to learning to read music. I've relied on tab for far too long.

Another positive thing I'm doing is decluttering. Finally able to let go (physically as well as emotionally). My partner died 4 years ago. Only got back into guitar playing last August. To be honest I had lost interest in everything, I wasn't depressed I just wanted my life to be the way it was. But I've got through it in my own time and way. Even found a new interest, urban exploration.

I don't come on the forum very often, its all new to me, but when I do I've come across nice folk :)

lol, thank god that didnt happen

Karloff your story of diagnosis until death of a few days is really unbelievable. Sincere condolences.

For me, so far so good. Last year I had 2 lumbar disc herniations that were at times debilitating. Had an injection in November and this year so far has been great in that regard. Wife is studying hard and doing well. Kids doing well. Work is good. Dogs and cat are a hoot. Importantly, I'm playing guitar and loving it.

I've always been a glass is half full kinda guy.

thanks Tman, was really a shock, for it to happen so quickly. you never know which is better, to have time to get things in order, or to not linger on and suffer.

Probably not, I think Black Francis plays Fenders. He'da probably woken up with a Tele.

Started off bad for me. First, I got sick on New Year's, then one of my childhood dogs had to be put down due to cancer, then three weeks after that another dog I've had since childhood had to be put down. [crying] One was 12 years and 7 months old and the other was 13 years and 4 months old. It was very hard. Went from five dogs to three dogs in three weeks time is very, very hard. It's loosing a family member. But, going good now. For one, getting a new puppy this weekend. Getting a Boxer pup. Very excited about that. [biggrin]

Sorry of you loss of your 2 dogs. Very true, with what you said about them being family members. I'm happy for you that you are getting a new bundle of joy and that you are feeling better. :)

Sending condolences to you.

Wow, after reading some of these posts, I thought - "Well hey, I'm having a good year so far!"

So, no complaints from me, with the possible exception that I would really like to see it stop snowing.

/Ray

Snowbound Somewhere in Massachusetts...

Those mischievous pixies have visited me too. Had a nightmare, that my guitar necks became rubber like. The dream was so real that I ended up ordering a G&W neck relief 'ruler'. Think I've got OCD as I keep checking ...

Hello!

Good stuff! I like mine:

HPIM5344_zpsc6e9b1b4.jpg

Cheers... Bence

Archived