Gibson Brands Forums

Lost a brother today..

kidblast

Guest Farnsbarns

Wow. A reminder of the fleeting nature of life. A shame. I'm very sorry to hear this.

Tman, how awful for your brother. I will drop him a text.

Hey KB, I just read this and am so sorry for your loss. You know, a buddy of mine told me when retired some really good advice: You always know how much money you have, but you NEVER know how much time you have. So live each day like it might be your last and do the things that make you happy.

When I have had to deal with life's tragedies, I always found that playing guitar helped me though the pain, even though playing was painful. It was food for my soul and helped with the healing. Good luck, my friend

Fred

Thank you for the kind words folks. It's been surreal to say the least. For myself and everyone else, this too will pass.

Both in my case were long time coming, no surprises, peace made among all of us so we could get this done, hard as it was to do.

My thoughts are with anyone else trying to get through their own valleys, FlyingFrets and Milod come to mind.

Thank you all again.

rct

My wife's brother (who was never a brother inlaw to me, my wife and I met when he was 4 years old in 1973) who has been fighting a recurrance of colon cacner for over a year now. passed away today.

Not even cancer related. we think it was cardio.. He was in his yard showing a guy from the Gas company where his line was, and just passed out, and that was it.. three ambulance crews were unable to revive him, and once at the ER in Seaford MD, they could do nothing for him.

he was pronounced dead at 4:30 EST.. 45 years old, 11 year old son.. one of the sweetest people this earth has ever seen.

our hearts are broken.

he never saw this coming..

Asking for healing prayers especially for my mother in-law, she's already lost one son in 96 (Cancer), her husband of 50 years in 07, a grandson who was killed by a bus @Uconn in 2011, now John....

and please, everyone.... talk to your doctors about a EKG if you have not had one recently.

He literally dropped dead in his front yard..

I'm sorry Kid. I've been avoiding reading this because I've been under some stress lately and just couldn't read more bad news. Your brother in law was a few months older than me. Sad..

I'm sorry brutha. It has been a really bad week to quit sniffing glue, and you helped a lot.

My mother passed on Sunday and my brother yesterday, both pretty long struggles with various cancers.

rct

I'm sorry RCT. That's heavy.. I'm all out of words...

I'm sorry Kid. I've been avoiding reading this because I've been under some stress lately and just couldn't read more bad news. Your brother in law was a few months older than me. Sad..

I understand man, thank you for your words, it's all still sinking in.

I'm sorry brutha. It has been a really bad week to quit sniffing glue, and you helped a lot.

My mother passed on Sunday and my brother yesterday, both pretty long struggles with various cancers.

rct

Sorry Brther , glue might keep you together

4H

Archived