Gibson Brands Forums

Lost a brother today..

kidblast

My wife's brother (who was never a brother inlaw to me, my wife and I met when he was 4 years old in 1973) who has been fighting a recurrance of colon cacner for over a year now. passed away today.

Not even cancer related. we think it was cardio.. He was in his yard showing a guy from the Gas company where his line was, and just passed out, and that was it.. three ambulance crews were unable to revive him, and once at the ER in Seaford MD, they could do nothing for him.

he was pronounced dead at 4:30 EST.. 45 years old, 11 year old son.. one of the sweetest people this earth has ever seen.

our hearts are broken.

he never saw this coming..

Asking for healing prayers especially for my mother in-law, she's already lost one son in 96 (Cancer), her husband of 50 years in 07, a grandson who was killed by a bus @Uconn in 2011, now John....

and please, everyone.... talk to your doctors about a EKG if you have not had one recently.

He literally dropped dead in his front yard..

I'm sorry brutha. It has been a really bad week to quit sniffing glue, and you helped a lot.

My mother passed on Sunday and my brother yesterday, both pretty long struggles with various cancers.

rct

Sincere condolences to you kidblast and rct.

My brothers best friend died yesterday from a cardiac arrest while bicycling.

Everyday is a gift.

Prayers for your mothers and all lost.

My condolences. But I have to say, when I go, that's the way I want to go. I let the people I love know I love them all the time so, if I were to check out in a moment there would be no doubt. I'm going to a funeral tomorrow for a long time friend and player who was the same age as I am when he finally lost his battle with ALS on Sunday. It was a rough road. We who remain are charged with keeping the memories of those who've gone before, alive. I feel you will do a good job for your brother.

I still can't believe it has happened and thank you all. This forum has the best bunch of people ever.

Rct, you've had one hell of a week man,, hope you're getting along OK my friend. A shame we're not close by, a few pints can ease the stress of these times..

What a terrible amount of tragic news.

@KB - Sorry to hear about your brother-in-law's passing. After battling cancer, it must've been quite a shock to have him fall victim to a sudden medical event.

@RCT - I can't imagine the loss of two family members in such a short span of time.

My thoughts and prayers to both of you and your families.

@Jannus - My condolences to you on the loss of your friend.

Sincere condolences KB. Man, you basically could have been describing me - you really do never know. I try to think about that when I get annoyed by life... stroke, aneurism etc. only ever a heartbeat away. A nice guy I went to school with died the other day - the first I am aware of among those who made it to middle age.

Best wishes to you and yours..

rct - I can't even imagine. kindest wishes.

That is so sad. He was YOUNG. You never know what is going on in your body. Best you can do is be nice to it as much as you can and enjoy your blessings as much as you can.

Your friend is in my prayers today.

Sorry to hear about your brother. I think it's always hardest (at least most shocking) when someone just drops dead with no warning. I've seen it, and it's not pretty. All you can do now is try to honor his memory as best you can. Condolences to you and your family.

rct. My sympathy to you also. Two close family member in one week! Thoughts are with you...

I'm sorry brutha. It has been a really bad week to quit sniffing glue, and you helped a lot.

My mother passed on Sunday and my brother yesterday, both pretty long struggles with various cancers.

rct

Hi rct, sorry to hear of the loss of your mother and brother. I prayer for you and your loved ones at this sad time.

kind regards, Emma

My condolences. But I have to say, when I go, that's the way I want to go. I let the people I love know I love them all the time so, if I were to check out in a moment there would be no doubt. I'm going to a funeral tomorrow for a long time friend and player who was the same age as I am when he finally lost his battle with ALS on Sunday. It was a rough road. We who remain are charged with keeping the memories of those who've gone before, alive. I feel you will do a good job for your brother.

Hi jannusguy2, I say a prayer for you. Sorry to hear of your friends passing.

kind regards, Emma

Archived