Gibson Brands Forums

Bbgs Friday song

blindboygrunt

Get lucky martin hd 35:

No rocket mans for me this week , scared of high notes

Just the tail end of a flu that I thought at one stage was goin a take me with it.

Was scared to breathe properly during this in case a fit of coughing ensued ,which might be easier on the ears , but wouldnt wanna smit you all.

I've heard of these computer viruses.

Hurl abuse if ya like.

To really put that song across, one has to make it real and you make it very "real." I don't care how great or beautiful a voice someone supposedly has. I care about if I like what I hear.......You are excellent on this. This song comes across like "I've been there and done that." [thumbup] The fingerpicking was cool too. You don't need a band to sound good when you've got the right magic. Kristofferson wrote "Sunday Morning Coming Down," but he said Cash made it sound like he was the one who lived it. Good job.

Good point, BBG. It was the absence of the "shades" that convinced me you were not Roy...lol.......I've been fighting aches and pains and coughs and lots of head and chest congestion for the last two weeks. My daughter, the nurse who thinks she's a doctor, says it allergies. Six of one, half-dozen of the other. Who knows? I just want to get rid of it.

Keep the music alive!

Yes, very nice BBG. Totally down your allley, sweet vocals and the guitar soumds grest, lovelly sparkle. Reminds me of my J-40.

I originally thought it was going to be a cover of Ryan Adams Lucky Now, but this was lovelly even though i didnt know the track,

Anne... I agree - Grunts version is awesome.

And by the way, these threads... I keep saying and thinking... are the best part of this forum. I never heard the song before Grunt. And this is not the first time y'all have turned me on to new music and ideas.

I am working out my own version on my Gibson LG2 - I wont share it here, because frankly I dont want to encroach on Grunts oh-so-sweet version; I'll just say thank you, work out the song, and make it part of my "coffee-house set".

Archived