Gibson Brands Forums

OMG!

Digger

Well it's Saturday morning here and that's when we usually kick back a bit and enjoy Eggs & Bacon for brekkie. however......

We forgot to buy bacon yesterday!!!!!!!

Do I take a 30 kilometre run into town or do we just have Vegemite on toast (again)?

SIGH~

Yum.jpg

... Do I take a 30 kilometre run into town or do we just have Vegemite on toast (again)?

Ever since the "Men at Work" song came out, I've wanted to try a Vegemite sandwich.

I do enjoy a fried Spam sandwich now and then.

Ever since the "Men at Work" song came out, I've wanted to try a Vegemite sandwich.

I do enjoy a fried Spam sandwich now and then.

It's an acquired taste i think but us Aussies have been eating it since we were toddlers. I love the stuff especially on our crusty home made toast....Yum!

vegemiteMedium_zps76c064db.jpg

I remember a Vegemite vs Marmite thread a while back.... :blink:

The jury is still out...

In the absence of bacon...try

Sausages.... [thumbup]

V

:-({|=

Jury's not out in Oz mate, it's Vegemite all the way!

I like sausages, esp, big fat beef ones but they go better with bacon & eggs and maybe a few chips rather than replacing the bacon!

Muesli just doesn't cut it Saturday mornings I'm afraid!

I had no idea that Vega mite was a Kraft product. Looks like a spread of some sort?

I prefer eggs,bacon,sausage,scrapple,corned beef hash and toast....

Yeah such is "progress", you buggers own most of our Aussie icons there days, and in exchange we get McDonalds and KFC?

Wait on, I wanna see the umpire~

Well it's Saturday morning here and that's when we usually kick back a bit and enjoy Eggs & Bacon for brekkie.

What a good idea; I'll do it in about 9 hrs time.

With plenty toast, might have beans or even fry a bit of my home-made bread....

Then a big cup of coffee......play guitar, listen to the rain..... [thumbup]

What a good idea; I'll do it in about 9 hrs time.

With plenty toast, might have beans or even fry a bit of my home-made bread....

Then a big cup of coffee......play guitar, listen to the rain..... [thumbup]

Hi jdgm, now your talking, [thumbup] bacon and fried bread, and some black pudding. That's my breakfast sorted and tea will be the Marmite and Vegemite with toast and butter. Both served with a cuppa tea [drool]

kind regards, Emma :)

Hi jdgm, now your talking, [thumbup] bacon and fried bread, and some black pudding. That's my breakfast sorted and tea will be the Marmite and Vegemite with toast and butter. Both served with a cuppa tea [drool]

kind regards, Emma :)

Fried bread & bacon? Emma that is wicked!

Beans with breakfast? What's wrong you with you people south of the equator? [biggrin]

At least we don't have pancakes and maple syrup for brekky....that is just plain off! Besides we are "jet assisted"....Grin~

At least we don't have pancakes and maple syrup for brekky....that is just plain off! Besides we are "jet assisted"....Grin~

Well, down here in the south we don't use no yankee maple syrup - we gots cane syrup from sugarcane! [biggrin]

First off, let me say I am a bit confused. Did you make the trip for the bacon? You asking advice?

I see the plate of food there, and I trust IF that is the answer, you did indeed eat that. I can tell you for a fact if that was in front of me (be it 7:00 AM or 10:00PM) I would gobble that down and MORE.

But here is advice IF you desire: When I run into a situation like that, (I often do), you can: eat the Vegimite, what you have there, and THEN make the trip to the store, and eat the bacon at a later hour. Thus, NOT robbing yourself.

Also, when the craving hits and none in the house, get dressed, get to the nearest restaurant that serves bacon. When one forgets food or cooks badly, one can either take a penalty of take points. My philosophy is take points.

Fried bread & bacon? Emma that is wicked!

If you are going to have fried bread, you need the bacon so you have the fat for frying the bread!

The only substitute is to fry your bread in the pan you just fried a steak in.

Your heart surgeon is rubbing his hands with glee... Another customer coming.

First off, let me say I am a bit confused. Did you make the trip for the bacon? You asking advice?

I see the plate of food there, and I trust IF that is the answer, you did indeed eat that. I can tell you for a fact if that was in front of me (be it 7:00 AM or 10:00PM) I would gobble that down and MORE.

But here is advice IF you desire: When I run into a situation like that, (I often do), you can: eat the Vegimite, what you have there, and THEN make the trip to the store, and eat the bacon at a later hour. Thus, NOT robbing yourself.

Also, when the craving hits and none in the house, get dressed, get to the nearest restaurant that serves bacon. When one forgets food or cooks badly, one can either take a penalty of take points. My philosophy is take points.

Sorry to confuse, I actually had muesli this morning and we picked up bacon later when we went in to do the meat shopping. Been having toast & Vegemite week days as I've been on the go early running Kellie around now she hasn't got a licence. The thread was more of a lament rather than needing advice I suppose.

"Digger, I once drove over 30 miles for my favourite coffee."

Chuckle, I've driven over 500 kilometres to go to a favourite Chinese and found them closed, on holidays....twice! Fortunately they were in a direction we were already going~

We have a new Asian cafe/take away in town that is really good! We both had Singapore Noodle T/away from there last night and it was the best we've ever had. I'd drive the 30 K's in there for every meal if I thought I could get away with it.....but I can't unfortunately!

Sigh~

1446856516[/url]' post='1709304']

Beans with breakfast? What's wrong you with you people south of the equator? [biggrin]

Ha, ha, that's what I thought when I first saw the beans! msp_scared.gif 3 eggs over medium, 3 or 4 slices of bacon, hash browns, two slices of toast with a little butter to hold the sprinkled cinnamon and a cup of coffee. If we eat breakfast out, it's usually the Farm House with a Cambridge Turkey potato casserole with an egg on top and a blueberry muffin.msp_thumbup.gif But I don't eat breakfast that often so it's not like I do that every day. Usually it's Brunch at around 10:30 or 11:30 and then an early dinner about 4:00 or so. Breakfast is mostly a cup of coffee or tea.

Archived