Gibson Brands Forums

It's a bit quiet around here again

Mickthemiller

I think it was a moment of weakness, as I wasn't going to mention it. buzz kill and all. we all have our crosses to bear. many hear have it so much worse.

But seriously thank you all, it means a lot, there's always so much support and positive energy from all of you guys.

There is some good to go along here. We think it's very early, as she gets screened year for a few things, so this hasn't been around for long.

So we are hopeful that we caught it before anything serious develops and we're in a good place (dana farber boston) as there's a family history with her side. we've been down this road in 09, (bladder cancer) and the outcome was okay. so now we do this dance. it's all good, one day at a time.

she is the best thing to have ever happened to me, we've been together since 9th grade. life with out "us" never existed it seems.

Thanks again and bright wishes for all of you.

/ray

I may have had a different answer a week ago

but today, it's for my wife to not have breast cancer.. [sad]

I read your reply and for a while was so angry with myself for posting. But after reading all the love and good wishes coming your way I now feel you have been able to do what we all need to do at such times, talk. All good wishes to both of you. Your description of your love is very moving.

My wife and I just passed through the scare of it, but it was thankfully benign. I pray that all would be well with you and your wife. That the Lord would bless you and give you your desire that she would be healed and well. The Lord has led me through cancer, and has kept it away now for more than 5 years. May you both find strength and when you are passed through and all is well again, rejoice together in the greatness of what the Lord has given you.

I think it was a moment of weakness, as I wasn't going to mention it. buzz kill and all. we all have our crosses to bear. many hear have it so much worse.

But seriously thank you all, it means a lot, there's always so much support and positive energy from all of you guys.

There is some good to go along here. We think it's very early, as she gets screened year for a few things, so this hasn't been around for long.

So we are hopeful that we caught it before anything serious develops and we're in a good place (dana farber boston) as there's a family history with her side. we've been down this road in 09, (bladder cancer) and the outcome was okay. so now we do this dance. it's all good, one day at a time.

she is the best thing to have ever happened to me, we've been together since 9th grade. life with out "us" never existed it seems.

Thanks again and bright wishes for all of you.

/ray

Yer old.

rct

I read your reply and for a while was so angry with myself for posting. But after reading all the love and good wishes coming your way I now feel you have been able to do what we all need to do at such times, talk. All good wishes to both of you. Your description of your love is very moving.

Mick, don't feel bad man, really, it's all good you see the good that has come from this..

My wife and I just passed through the scare of it, but it was thankfully benign. I pray that all would be well with you and your wife. That the Lord would bless you and give you your desire that she would be healed and well. The Lord has led me through cancer, and has kept it away now for more than 5 years. May you both find strength and when you are passed through and all is well again, rejoice together in the greatness of what the Lord has given you.

Yes. We have been down this road too, early detection and aggressive care works if you're fortune enough for those two things to be part of the equation.

Thanks for your words. And all the other caring posts..

we got reasonably good news yesterday.

this is a common form of breast cancer, we caught it early, and the surgery and follow up treatments should be manageable.

some radiation as a precaution but no chemo, nor any radical surgery. she's going on Jan 7th.

sorry for hijacking the thread Mick..

If I may chime in (sneaky,eh?) my wife went through a bout of lung cancer and I know what it can do when we hear the dreaded words.But we had support and now, these ten plus years later, she's clear and going about life normally.It's a side-benefit of these forums that we can express some innermost thoughts in a form of anonymity which affords us comfort and an outlet .Something to be said about "virtual reality". Keep the faith, and all the best going forward-you're not alone,"kidblast."

thank you Olie, I appreciate that. this comes with a lot of anxiety for anyone going through this. Takes a long time till you get to the bottom of the issue and find out what you need to know.

My wife had bladder cancer in 2009, so this is her second time thru this, we are glad they are not related because if that was the case, there would be some problems.

her family has a big problem with cancer. We've lost two of her brothers already, one at 45 another at 36. it's nasty stuff for sure.

I am so glad to hear your wife is well.

Regards

/ray

we got reasonably good news yesterday.

this is a common form of breast cancer, we caught it early, and the surgery and follow up treatments should be manageable.

some radiation as a precaution but no chemo, nor any radical surgery. she's going on Jan 7th.

sorry for hijacking the thread Mick..

No sweat. Glad things are looking on the positive side and very pleased that the thread is doing what Christmas is really all about. Sharing love and concern

Archived