Gibson Brands Forums

Are Flying Vs any Good?

ilovegibsons

there is only one guitar i've ever played that outperformed Lola (my 91' V) and it was my uncles original 68' les paul custom.

V's are untouchable imho, great players' guitars and the tone is murderously good

now i'm so used to her, it's awkward playing round guitars

there is only one guitar i've ever played that outperformed Lola (my 91' V) and it was my uncles original 68' les paul custom.

V's are untouchable imho' date=' great players' guitars and the tone is murderously good

now i'm so used to her, it's awkward playing round guitars[/quote']

I can tell. Your name says it all!!

I prefer the neck access on the '58 style V (full access, like my SG's), but for some reason the next "dream" guitar (after Gibson wises the hell up and starts making the Historic SG RIGHT) is a '67 style with covered pickups, white-on-white with the short Maestro. I dunno why, but I want one of those in a bad way.

H-Bomb

i take the lower fin and put it behind my right leg' date=' lean said leg to where its lower than my left and have my left leg straight up, i think it's the guitar that holds itself if you do it right[/quote']

Yea just hold the lower fin behind your right knee and it is exactly like the classical posture. I always thought it was ludicrous how everybody says, "Waaaa, ya can't play em sitting."

Once I was playing my v sitting (as usual, unless it's a gig or rehearsal) at my wife's family's house and my father-in-law, who's played for eons, said "Huh, that looks really comfortable! Can I try?" I showed him how to hold it behind the knee and I would catch the old guy sneaking licks in on my old beat-up V for the rest of the visit.

its really a personal prefference thing, i almost bought one a while back

i like people other than metal players playing them (no offense metal heads) i just think its classy when blues and jazz players play them

like albert lee, and shall i mention hendrix?

i could see owning one in the future if i happen to own a large # of guitars

explorers are a different story (for me)

blechhk those things are ugly

Archived