Gibson Brands Forums

Me and my J45

kwalker201

Thank you all for your replies. I'm learning this process from you people, you are the talented folks on here. From Sal, Stu and Buc, FB, MP and Avery, everyone here is fantastic in my old ears.

Buc, On that I was using a Rode NT1a, with a Yamaha mixer all going through GarageBand. Also, glad to hear your a former okie. I'm west in Yukon to be more exact.

I made a few runs at Garageband but walked away quietly just before I tossed the Mac out the window! [cursing]

(Yukon.........home of GB, yes? Passed thru a few times a month when I was a student at SWSC, Weatherford. Was "College" then, I hear it's "University" now.)

I made a few runs at Garageband but walked away quietly just before I tossed the Mac out the window! [cursing]

(Yukon.........home of GB, yes? Passed thru a few times a month when I was a student at SWSC, Weatherford. Was "College" then, I hear it's "University" now.)

GarageBand is fairly simple otherwise I couldn't use it.

Yes home of GB! Are you impressed? He even has his name on the water tower. I'm originally from Ada, home of Blake Shelton. Ive never heard anyone complain about SWSU, they have a fantastic Pharmacy program there. Me, my degree came from UCO in Edmond.

That was real quality. Top notch in all respects. The J-45 was absolutely created for this stye of playing, love the understated and moody approach, you created a great atmopshere. Those vocals are super smooth and you know how to tweak them to create the right mood and feel.

Top effort all round, i think this is my favourite from all the ones you posted Keith... [thumbup]

Do you record two tracks ?

As in guitar first then vocals ?

Or just place the mic between your face and the guitar ?

Really sounds good man

Stu, that was just 1 track. I try to keep it as simple as I can possibly make it for myself.

EA, thank you for your words

Archived