Gibson Brands Forums

In Color

kwalker201

Lovelly, just lovelly. The J-45 is so good for this style of music and i like how you 'control' that southern drawl. Sometimes when its too present I find it really irritation but you know when to bring it up just enough to suit the song and then pull back again ... so thank you for from a non southern type guy.

Really like this. I'm going to try to explain what I like the most about your performance. This is a very poignant song and it would be tempting for the performer to go overboard with a lot of emotion in the singing of it. To me that would have been a mistake. You didn't do that. You hit just the right balance of conveying emotion in your voice in an understated way and you still let the lyrics shine through. Your instincts, IMHO were perfect. Good job!

Hope that makes sense.

Really like this. I'm going to try to explain what I like the most about your performance. This is a very poignant song and it would be tempting for the performer to go overboard with a lot of emotion in the singing of it. To me that would have been a mistake. You didn't do that. You hit just the right balance of conveying emotion in your voice in an understated way and you still let the lyrics shine through. Your instincts, IMHO were perfect. Good job!

Hope that makes sense.

I understand exactly where you are saying. I just sing the song the way I feel it and hits me whether it's the right way or wrong way, it's just me.

Archived