Gibson Brands Forums

broken gibson

jvi

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The topic title gave me the first impression it was about the dead link http://www.gibson.com/ :unsure:

Anybidy has this problem, too, or is it just here in the country I live?

That link works for me in the US.

Thank you for your information.

All I can get here is the top page from web archives, albeit several hours old only. No further link to products is accessible. This is strange because all other websites work fine. :-k

Thank you for your information.

All I can get here is the top page from web archives, albeit several hours old only. No further link to products is accessible. This is strange because all other websites work fine. :-k

Just checked again, and the site is live for me, including current links.

cap master - yeah the link seems to work. So it must be on your side. I think it was clear JVi was referring to THIS FORUM being broken, not the Gibson website.

The only other comment I have that seems relevant to the OP - is 'I like Fish Tacos."

Fish tacos aren't bad😍

the point I was making you seem oblivious to is the fact that the same small number of members reply to most if not all posts and these "people" are clique-y and bi-assed cheers j

There are a handful of very active members, active with a lot of threads, posting recordings/vidoes and the like. I'm not one of them usually, I have posted some of my work, and I am always humbled by the positive support that I get back.

Also I really do enjoy listening to some of the work that the these guys post. It gives me a chance to hear songs I may have never heard other wise, or, listen to someone else do something different with a song I may have done my own thing with. There are some amazingly talented people on this board. I am happy to be part of it.

So if that's the "Clique..." why not instead, join in.. you are definitely welcome to post some of your work, and I think you'll be surprised with the feedback you will get.

regarding biased, ? I guess you are referring to some of the "Only a Gibson is good enough" sort of comments?

Gotta take those with a grain of salt, this is a Gibson Forum, and a lot of the guys in the acoustic board, are quite loyal to the brand, and as a rule, Taylor is like a four letter word here, with two extra letters! (LOL!)

I just see the differences of opinion as a way to differentiate... I don't mind it, and I happen to own a Taylor, at one time I even had 2. I do love my SJ200, and would probably gladly loose my remaining taylor if I had to, to keep the SJ...

Once you do get to know the crew here,, you may wind up not feeling quite the outcast you seem to think you are..

oh and while were on the subject,, the best way I know to kill a taco is put Fish in it.....

If nobody else cares about Naugas, does that entitle me to my own personal and obscure hissy fit? Maybe each of us has the right to one at this point? And why does science stubbornly refuse to legitimize the Sasquatch? I'm getting awfully tired of getting tarnished pennies when somebody hands me change. But what of the "good, the true, and the beautiful"? When I park under a tree, birds crap on my truck! Loose smoking pipe stems can be tightened with carpenter's wood glue: stand by for detailed instructions.... If you're a fingerpicker, you won't drop your flatpick. A stitch in time helps prevent infection. Do any if you nasty, cliquey a$$holes want to offer serious responses to my newly posted Toenail Fungus thread? "Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar." Nobody wants to give me a Warm Fuzzy. Why, O WHY was I born into a world that denies me my obvious superiority? You're all just a bunch of jealous poo-poos!

In all seriousness, guys, you're a great bunch☺

If nobody else cares about Naugas, does that entitle me to my own personal and obscure hissy fit? Maybe each of us has the right to one at this point? And why does science stubbornly refuse to legitimize the Sasquatch? I'm getting awfully tired of getting tarnished pennies when somebody hands me change. But what of the "good, the true, and the beautiful"? When I park under a tree, birds crap on my truck! Loose smoking pipe stems can be tightened with carpenter's wood glue: stand by for detailed instructions.... If you're a fingerpicker, you won't drop your flatpick. A stitch in time helps prevent infection. Do any if you nasty, cliquey a$$holes want to offer serious responses to my newly posted Toenail Fungus thread? "Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar." Nobody wants to give me a Warm Fuzzy. Why, O WHY was I born into a world that denies me my obvious superiority? You're all just a bunch of jealous poo-poos!

In all seriousness, guys, you're a great bunch☺

Dude-what are you packing in that pipe of yours?Got any more?

drathburntout and others thanks for illustrating my point

jvi, it's just the nature of this forum. There is a lot of good information and support here, but there is also a lot of casual camaraderie, silliness, and impatience with pomposity and perceived omniscience, particularly among a number of people who regularly participate here.

Don't expect things to change.

What we all share is a love of music and guitars in general, with a specific interest in and fondness for Gibson guitars, both vintage and modern.

That's my honest two cents on the subject.

jvi, it's just the nature of this forum. There is a lot of good information and support here, but there is also a lot of casual camaraderie, silliness, and impatience with pomposity and perceived omniscience, particularly among a number of people who regularly participate here.

What we all share is a love of music and guitars in general, with a specific interest in and fondness for Gibson guitars, both vintage and modern.

That's a very accurate summary.

That's a very accurate summary.

I agree.

Dude-what are you packing in that pipe of yours?Got any more?

Gotta tell ya, I think it's a combination of the 70's - first living through the 1970's and now living through MY 70's!

THANK YOU. THANK YOU.

I've been waiting nearly three weeks to use that😂

Archived