Gibson Brands Forums

my les paul supreme flame inlay

gibsonsupremejpk

The seller probably already spent the cash on his overhead. Times are harsh, and it's a struggle to keep the doors open on any business these days.

I'm sure he'd rather trade out for the guitar than have to come off the cash. I don't blame him there, but, I'd never deal with the guy again after he tried to rob me for a grand. It would be cash back, or go to freakin' jail for a felony.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After 8 pages of this post and about 10 pages ( and counting ) of the scam on craigslist post my only question is.....

Why aren't people checking out their guitars before they buy? I mean any fan of Gibson Guitars should be able to see the obvious flaws.

Take a screwdriver with you when you go to buy these guitars and check and remove the truss rod cover,check the rod itself, pot cavities etc...

After 8 pages of this post and about 10 pages ( and counting ) of the scam on craigslist post my only question is.....

Why aren't people checking out their guitars before they buy? I mean any fan of Gibson Guitars should be able to see the obvious flaws.

Take a screwdriver with you when you go to buy these guitars and check and remove the truss rod cover' date='check the rod itself, pot cavities etc...[/quote']

O:)=D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

thank you

I wouldn't take ANYTHING "to hold till he has it all". If it ever comes down to a legal issue, he can claim that once you accepted ANYTHING as compensation he was off the hook. He would have the law on his side if that happened.

Tell him to give you a date when he will have all your money (if you can get something in writing, even better), then after that date, you will have no choice but to take it to the next level, legally.

He committed a crime. PERIOD.

BTW, believe it or not, this thread would make fantastic evidence if this becomes a legal matter. Everything is in writing with time and dates.

Take a screwdriver with you when you go to buy these guitars and check and remove the truss rod cover' date='check the rod itself, pot cavities etc...[/quote']

mainly because most people don't have the sense to do research and know about goldmines like this forum before they buy. they sign up with gibson forums to tell everyone their new found glory and realize by our sour faces that they've been had and its too late. in a perfect world everyone would be aware of the crap counterfeiting floating around in the market, but people are just too gullible and blind these days. it's sad really.

I think I can safely speak for virtually *everyone* here when I say I'm goddamn sick of hearing about & seeing

all of these chinese fake Gibson products!! Its on these boards & HC, too. I'm also tired of how some folks are saying "oh, these fakes play real nice and sound good". ioffer is probably the worst offender ever! $300 for a zakk camo custom? and its being "sold" as a real Gibson? Why is there not more outrage? It's called brand dilution by counterfeiting!

Part of me is mad because I know how great real Gibbys sound with the right hands & rig. Not to mention how f**king hard I work to have dough to buy the real deal and here comes the "me too!" idiots... Now excuse me - I'm going to post pics of my new Les Paul Studio Premium Plus AAA Flametop Natural, then proceed to make her sing... rant over!

Is this the cat?

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewProfile&friendID=395595161

He's got the Myspace page, and it seems he manages a band called Raz-N-Cain in the same area. Got a couple of phone numbers too.

So it seems our boy's seller is not a phantom after all.

the fakes really do need to stop.but he gave me everything back' date='and was real nice about everything,he's a good guy.i really appreciate the help from everyone.i didn't pay attention to it like i should have when buying,thanks again.[/quote']

Well good to know u got ur money back...will i guess everyone at the fourm did a good job telling this guy it was a fake.

the fakes really do need to stop.but he gave me everything back' date='and was real nice about everything,he's a good guy.i really appreciate the help from everyone.i didn't pay attention to it like i should have when buying,thanks again.[/quote']

It wasn't you fault. You bought it from a guitar store. They should never have sold it to you. Glad it worked out

I just spent the past couple of hours reading these two counterfeit threads.

So that's the end of it?

WTF??!!??

He gets the guitar back and gets another chance to sell it to another poor unsuspecting soul?

When counterfeit cash is discovered, it's taken out of circulation.

Just sayin...

I just spent the past couple of hours reading these two counterfeit threads.

So that's the end of it?

WTF??!!??

He gets the guitar back and gets another chance to sell it to another poor unsuspecting soul?

When counterfeit cash is discovered' date=' it's taken out of circulation.

Just sayin...[/quote']

Agreed!!

When Gibson stands up and gives a fcuk then so will the rest of us!!

Flight959

Congrats man. You went thru a lot less trouble than me, and I still haven't seen my money.

I guess the only solution to this is just inform everyone we know about the fakes. Hell, anyone I've come in contact with in the past 2 weeks has heard me whine. I'm still shocked how many are out there. It's sickening.

I agree, these guitars should be destroyed on the spot. Hopefully the FTC will step up, I'd imagine this has all happened so fast that the government is still wondering how to pursue this.

Thanks everyone again for your help user dynacat sorry but thats not the dudes profile... As for him resellin that guitar no I dont really think he is going to resell it.. He got ripped also but made it right with me.. on gibsons they are closely replicated it is really hard to tell a real from a fake but thundergod really answered that question a lot faster than I could have found it.. later

Thanks everyone again for your help user dynacat sorry but thats not the dudes profile... As for him resellin that guitar no I dont really think he is going to resell it.. He got ripped also but made it right with me.. on gibsons they are closely replicated it is really hard to tell a real from a fake but thundergod really answered that question a lot faster than I could have found it.. later

Glad you got your dough back man, and I deleted the Myspace post. I thought for sure that was your man.

How do you know the guitar will not be resold?

And no, it's not hard to spot a fake Gibson. A $300 guitar will never be the same quality as a $3,000 guitar, but you do need to be familiar with a few basic differences. That's why these fakes keep showing up. People don't do their homework, or they get greedy thinking they're getting a great bargain.

Make sure you research the next guitar you consider buying. With internet access it's easy.

After some people I know offered me to go into the counterfeit bussines, I sent a letter to gibson asking if they would back me up as an agent for them... you know, so that I could go to places where I know they are selling them and taking them from them or destroying them in there. But I got no response... too bad, I would have done that for free, but would have needed them to back me up, as I would go to jail for "damaging private property" if they didnt.

They didnt even answer. So its their problem... you know how many gibsons I've bought since? 0 ... you know how many fenders? 3. In less than an year.

But I still think its a good idea... I have a friend here that acts like representative and agent of a known purse maker... everytime he spots a shop selling fakes he can report them to the aouthorities for trademark infringement, and then they get closed down. It would be nice for gibson to allow some volunteers to do that job. I would, and I would do it for free, they would only have to pay for legal expenses.

He was really upset about everything he paid 800 dollars for it off ebay and is going to just keep it and cut his losses.. He is done with gibson bargains and so am i there arent any out there that is worth the effort to try to track they are just impossible to really know what you are buyin until you search it out for a couple of days.. RAy only had the guitar for a couple of hours before I went in there and bought it.. He didnt check it to well neither and it took me three days to actually find this forum and get everyones help..

He said he would try but not to sure if ebay would do anything I told him it was worth a try and he is also callin the gibson numbers that was provided in this tread and reportin the seller off ebay and givin them the ioffer website.. Everyone great job on all your help if I ever go to buy anyother gibsons I will run by everyone before I pay anything on it ....

He was really upset about everything he paid 800 dollars for it off ebay and is going to just keep it and cut his losses.. He is done with gibson bargains and so am i there arent any out there that is worth the effort to try to track they are just impossible to really know what you are buyin until you search it out for a couple of days.. RAy only had the guitar for a couple of hours before I went in there and bought it.. He didnt check it to well neither and it took me three days to actually find this forum and get everyones help..

If he bought it to resell, he should have made sure it was real before putting it on the rack.

Just to clue you in man, anyone that's been around guitars much at all would know that one was fake. That dude meant to rip you off, and you might as well accept that. He's not your friend, and you'd be pretty foolish to ever deal with him again.

I'd go as far as letting the local cops know that he is in possession of a counterfeit guitar that he tried to pass off once, because there's an excellent chance that he'll do it again.

How do I know that? If he didn't know it was fake, he'd be pissing fire mad, and looking to get his money back. Since he's willing to eat it, he knew, and doesn't want to draw any more attention.

Archived