Gibson Brands Forums

my les paul supreme flame inlay

gibsonsupremejpk

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

gibsonsupremejpk, I don't know how to break this to you man, but your guitar is a fake. That guitar is available at any number of counterfeit Chinese retailers online for $200 - so essentially, you paid en extra thousand dollars more than you had to for a very poor quality knockoff.

Did you purchase this guitar from someone online? Did you meet them in person?

I know this must be terribly shocking, but the sooner you realize you have been had, the quicker you can move toward hopefully recovering your money. Also, you need to realize that since you are now in possession of the guitar, you can't try and sell it off to someone as a real Gibson either - it's a felony if you do so and are caught. You need to try and recover your money or just learn a real tough lesson.

Sorry this has happened.

i only gave 1200' date='it is real,i just can't find one like it with three humbuckers [/quote']

Give us some more pics.

I'd try contacting Gibson Customer support to verify whether or not it is authentic.

I've never heard of a guitar like yours but I'll try to stay optimistic for your sake... But I'm almost as close to positive that it isn't a genuine Gibson.

i only gave 1200' date='it is real,i just can't find one like it with three humbuckers [/quote']

Face the facts. its a fake if you don't believe us take it to a GC and see what its worth/trade

I bet they will offer you a Squire maybe.

Can you track down the a-hole that sold you a beautiful piece of unplayable wood?

The serial number alone might not even be enough.

Actually' date=' it is. And I don't even need to know his serial number. According to what he said in the original post...

by numbers it was made in nashville july 14 05.

It's obviously a regular production, 8 (or possibly 9) digit serial number. I can assume that because only those serial numbers let you narrow it down to the exact day, and it indicates it was made in Nashville. A Supreme would have a Custom Shop serial number which could only narrow it down to the year.

Fake, fake, and fake.

Deal with it now before it's too late to try and get your money back.

8 digit number 02005447 stamped,made in usa under it stamped gibson on top of head supreme in middle and gold plate les paul,just like standard supreme's have.and i changed the 9v battery and it is really clean without my pedal,i was talking about with distortion having deep tone,not clean.and i got it at a guitar shop i know the guy.i just was on here 2 talk about les pauls.i aslo have a epiphone les paul from korea,it has good clean,but not so good distortion.i just have never seen one with both the flames and three pickups.i did see one with flames but only two pickups.

If you can, post some pics of the headstock front & rear, the bridge close up and inside the control cavity. You are talking to some folks here with serious knowledge regarding what a real gibby looks like vs. a fake one. Maybe it is a real Gibson, I hope so for your sake, but I have my doubts. If you doubt our word, then post pics and info over at MyLesPaul.com/forums, there you'll get an even bigger group of gibson players/collectors and lovers to help you determine its authenticity.

Good Luck.

You have never seen one like that because they don't exist - except counterfeit / fake's from China. If you know the guy who sold it to you, then it should be very easy to get your money back. Nobody is ganging up on or criticizing you. We are just pointing out the fact that what you believe to be a Gibson Les Paul, is in fact, nothing more than a low quality knockoff from China made with slave labor. If you don't believe any of us, then I would suggest calling Gibson customer service...they are open 24/7...give them the serial number along with the make/model of your guitar as well as a description of the guitar.

You won't like what they have to say.

Like I said, call Gibson and verify it's authenticity. When they confirm it's a fake go back to your "trusted" local guitar shop guy and get your money back.

why is it fake???whats fake about it.i did talk to a guy at the gibson factory' date='i only live a hour from it.he said its worth double what i give but maybe he's wrong.my buddys got a 97 jackson soloist cs lightning bolts,they play nice.[/quote']

WHAT?

Your friend has a Jackson, and your point is?

Now your just annoying.

Archived