Gibson Brands Forums

NGD!

jannusguy2

Just picked up this CS 000 in Swiss Spruce and Cocobolo with Madagascar binding. I really love the 000 size. Hands down my favorite guitar size. This will force the sale of something and I expect it will be my Collings OM2HE. Sigh, would that I could keep them all.

coco1_zpsm6edg1fa.jpg

coco2_zpsrkmdjnpi.jpg

Just picked up this CS 000 in Swiss Spruce and Cocobolo with Madagascar binding. I really love the 000 size. Hands down my favorite guitar size. This will force the sale of something and I expect it will be my Collings OM2HE. Sigh, would that I could keep them all.

coco1_zpsm6edg1fa.jpg

coco2_zpsrkmdjnpi.jpg

Amazing wood on that Martin! I would be interested in knowing how Cocobolo compares to Indian

or Madagascar Rosewood tone-wise.

Amazing wood on that Martin! I would be interested in knowing how Cocobolo compares to Indian

or Madagascar Rosewood tone-wise.

I will be A/B/C-ing it with my other CS 00014 which is Adi/Madrose and my Bourgeois Vintage OM which is Adi/EIR. These two and the new one with Cocobolo complete my rosewood trifecta. We'll see if one stands out..

That's a beautiful guitar. 000's are one of my favorites and are solid all around guitars. They have great tone, are good for fingerstyle or strumming, and that smaller body and short scale make them very comfortable to play. The Cocobolo back on that one is spectacular! Congratulations.

What a find. Was that a custom order? Or did you actually find it hanging on a wall somewhere?

Found it on the web via a small dealer (http://www.boutiqueguitarshop.com) with a really nice little selection of guitars. I was actively looking for something with Cocobolo and stumbled across this in the search. It ticked all the boxes for me from specs to price. It's a 2015 so, used. Don't know if this was a custom build for an individual or a short run but whatever, it's a keeper.

Archived