Gibson Brands Forums

liberal or conservative or pathetically insecure

Homz

Damn right this guy uses a picK guard. If they're good enough for Jeff Beck' date=' Jimmy Page, Mike Bloomfield, Les Paul and countless others...it's good enough for me. (What the hell is a pic?)[/quote']

2nd Note to Self: he's also a dic. It's similar to a pic only with a 'd'.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't understand moderates...isn't that like being a fence sitter? We all know what happens to fence sitters.....they get splinters in their taint.

If there's a fence it was built by the Right using labor from the Left.

Politics isn't Football, it's a serious responsiblility that's involving every aspect of life, which varies for each of us due to area, income, career, and (unfortunatley) ideology. If you happen to agree with absolutley everything your political representatives do then you're not paying attention.

I'll use me as an example, I'm a Liberal Gun Owner (Just a .22 now, but this is a rare lowpoint in my gun owning history). However I'm a registered Democrat since 1990 'cause I believe in their Economic and Foriegn policies. I'm proud to say that Dems like me are responsible for our parties laxed attitude on Gun Control. We simply didn't vote for Dems that pounded the Gun pulpit.

Moderates see clearly, we can tell that Comedian Rush Limbaugh and Air America are Full of the same amount of the proverbial "IT". We can see Trickle-Down economics doesn't work, but neither does Government Hand Outs (I see the new Stimuli as a Hand Up, not a Hand Out).

Conservative or Liberal obviously isn't the problem, but rather Extremism and Intolerance. Let's Leave the Taint Jokes on the Locker Room Wall, and get serious about running this Government Of The People, By The People, and let's get it working For The People again.

Let's knock down the Fence You Guys built and use this middle ground to make a Country.

If there's a fence it was built by the Right using labor from the Left.

Politics isn't Football' date=' it's a serious responsiblility that's involving every aspect of life, which varies for each of us due to area, income, career, and (unfortunatley) ideology. If you happen to agree with absolutley everything your political representatives do then you're not paying attention.

I'll use me as an example, I'm a Liberal Gun Owner (Just a .22 now, but this is a rare lowpoint in my gun owning history). However I'm a registered Democrat since 1990 'cause I believe in their Economic and Foriegn policies. I'm proud to say that Dems like me are responsible for our parties laxed attitude on Gun Control. We simply didn't vote for Dems that pounded the Gun pulpit.

Moderates see clearly, we can tell that Comedian Rush Limbaugh and Air America are Full of the same amount of the proverbial "IT". We can see Trickle-Down economics doesn't work, but neither does Government Hand Outs (I see the new Stimuli as a Hand Up, not a Hand Out).

Conservative or Liberal obviously isn't the problem, but rather Extremism and Intolerance. Let's Leave the Taint Jokes on the Locker Room Wall, and get serious about running this Government Of The People, By The People, and let's get it working For The People again.

Let's knock down the Fence You Guys built and use this middle ground to make a Country. [/quote']

Great Post FirstMeasure! :-s

I like your style. I beleive that you are a person of substance and ideas, and I could have a political discussion with you. I'm game...

I'm a registered independent who's voted for both Dems and Repubs in my voting life. I believe in good ideas, no matter where they come from. I would say that the famous quote by Barry Goldwater is where I was coming from in my criticism of moderation. Goldwater said...

“I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue.”

My other favorite quote from Goldwater is this...

"Remember that a government big enough to give you everything you want is also big enough to take away everything you have.”

Can you argue with either quote?

I happen to beleive that the stimulus package written by a democratic congress and signed into law by a democratic president is terrible law and is neither a stimulant for the economy nor a hand up to Americans in need. The continued growth of the federal government will help no one. We cannot print money that has no value, nor can we continue to borrow from China and expect any American to come out on top. In my opinion this "stimulus" package weakens personal liberty and the capitalist system.

Since the bill was signed into law the stock market has fallen over 1000 points. Now, however evil, liberals may think corporations are, it is businesses that provide jobs and opportunity for America. The stock market provides the funding for public companies to hire people, buy equipment, produce products and is the engine of America's growth. Private capital is what built this country, we are a capitalist country. Investors do not like the stimulus package, they do not like the idea of nationalized banking, they do not like the idea of continuously printing money with no value, they do not like government controlling profits, salaries or any other over reaching by the federal government. Capitalism with sane laws, rational regulation and honest and vigilant regulators works. There have been booms and busts throughout our history.

A run up in the price of wheat caused farmers to plant wheat from fence row to fence row just prior to the stock market crash in 1929 which led to the bankruptcy of the American farmer and the dust bowl. The unregulated borrowing and buying of stocks led to the crash of the stock market itself in 1929. Remember the dot com bubble in the late 80's and early 90's? The crazy speculation, and marketing of companies that neither produced any product or service and the failure of regulators caused this bubble to burst right about the time Clinton left office. Next came the telecom bubble. The goverment in it's infinite wisdom deregulated the telecom companies and these companies found ways to manipulate the regulations and laws and through dishonesty and fraud they managed to appear to be growing at incredible rates. The investors then began buying telecom stocks and the run up caused another boom/bust cycle. This cycle gave us Worlcom, Enron and Global Crossing and others. Next came the housing bubble, fed by greedy investors, corrupt and ignorant congressmen and senators and weak regulators. The commonalities of all of these boom/bust cycles were greed, bad laws and stupid politicians. The same politicians are still in charge, the same greed exists now and more bad laws have been piled on top of existing bad laws.

We already have examples of what democrats will accomplish with their laws and ideas. Look at California, New York, Massachusetts, Illinois, Michigan and Ohio for an example. These states have some of the highest taxation on their citizens, some of the hghest gasoline taxes, some of the most restrictive environmental laws, they provide some of the largest social programs and they are also "closed shop" or non "right to work" states. What else do these states have in common? They are democraticly controlled states and they have enacted almost all of the laws that democrats cherish and they are all BROKE! California is arguabley THE most liberal state in the union, they have the 8th largest economy in the world and they are BROKE and more than $49 billion in the hole. One could easily conclude that liberal state governments have failed in the US. Look at the government websites like the national bureau of labor statistics or the state government websites if you don't beleive me. The facts are there.

Louisiana has been controlled by the democrats for 100 years, look how well things are going in Louisiana. Look what happened to the levys and N.O. when Katrina hit a couple of years ago. The state of Louisiana was equally responsible, if not more so, for the failure to protect it's citizens as the federal government was. Bush and his folks may have reacted badly after the storm, but the damage was done prior to the storm from years of mismanagment and corruption of the state and local DEMOCRAT controlled government.

Washington D.C, Chicago, Philadelphia, Boston, L.A. and many other large US cities have been and are controlled by the democratic machine and they are all broke and crime ridden. More people have been killed in these five cities in the past 5 years than all US soldiers in Iraq over the same period. These democraticly controlled states and cities are the places where most of the "stimulus" money will be spent. By the same democrats who have mismanaged during the last boom times.

Liberal policies don't work. When Bill Clinton was in office, he succeeded WHEN he had a republican congress. We as a country are better off when government doesn't get anything done. We as a country are better off when the American people are free to make their own decisions and the government is off of our backs. I can't understand how we as a country are going to succeed when we keep giving more of our money and our rights away to the same idiots who have screwed us for the past decades.

I liked ron paul too. I thought Mitt Romney had the better chance of getting elected but no, were gonna go with john mccain. JOHN MCCAIN??? 1st off the dude is about as creepy as hell. Anyone else would have beat Obama, where is the republican party headed? I like the new RNC, I hope he gets us back on track.

Yep...we all figured it out...but it was a poor one.

There are some among us born with out a humor and tend to be boring. My suggestion is to watch 'Caddy Shack, Happy Gilmore, or The Jerk' if these don't help your condition seek help from a professional shrink.

Great Post FirstMeasure! =D>

I like your style. I beleive that you are a person of substance and ideas' date=' and I could have a political discussion with you. I'm game...

I'm a registered independent who's voted for both Dems and Repubs in my voting life. I believe in good ideas, no matter where they come from. I would say that the famous quote by Barry Goldwater is where I was coming from in my criticism of moderation. Goldwater said...

[i']“I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue.”[/i]

My other favorite quote from Goldwater is this...

"Remember that a government big enough to give you everything you want is also big enough to take away everything you have.”

Can you argue with either quote?

I happen to beleive that the stimulus package written by a democratic congress and signed into law by a democratic president is terrible law and is neither a stimulant for the economy nor a hand up to Americans in need. The continued growth of the federal government will help no one. We cannot print money that has no value, nor can we continue to borrow from China and expect any American to come out on top. In my opinion this "stimulus" package weakens personal liberty and the capitalist system.

Since the bill was signed into law the stock market has fallen over 1000 points. Now, however evil, liberals may think corporations are, it is businesses that provide jobs and opportunity for America. The stock market provides the funding for public companies to hire people, buy equipment, produce products and is the engine of America's growth. Private capital is what built this country, we are a capitalist country. Investors do not like the stimulus package, they do not like the idea of nationalized banking, they do not like the idea of continuously printing money with no value, they do not like government controlling profits, salaries or any other over reaching by the federal government. Capitalism with sane laws, rational regulation and honest and vigilant regulators works. There have been booms and busts throughout our history.

A run up in the price of wheat caused farmers to plant wheat from fence row to fence row just prior to the stock market crash in 1929 which led to the bankruptcy of the American farmer and the dust bowl. The unregulated borrowing and buying of stocks led to the crash of the stock market itself in 1929. Remember the dot com bubble in the late 80's and early 90's? The crazy speculation, and marketing of companies that neither produced any product or service and the failure of regulators caused this bubble to burst right about the time Clinton left office. Next came the telecom bubble. The goverment in it's infinite wisdom deregulated the telecom companies and these companies found ways to manipulate the regulations and laws and through dishonesty and fraud they managed to appear to be growing at incredible rates. The investors then began buying telecom stocks and the run up caused another boom/bust cycle. This cycle gave us Worlcom, Enron and Global Crossing and others. Next came the housing bubble, fed by greedy investors, corrupt and ignorant congressmen and senators and weak regulators. The commonalities of all of these boom/bust cycles were greed, bad laws and stupid politicians. The same politicians are still in charge, the same greed exists now and more bad laws have been piled on top of existing bad laws.

We already have examples of what democrats will accomplish with their laws and ideas. Look at California, New York, Massachusetts, Illinois, Michigan and Ohio for an example. These states have some of the highest taxation on their citizens, some of the hghest gasoline taxes, some of the most restrictive environmental laws, they provide some of the largest social programs and they are also "closed shop" or non "right to work" states. What else do these states have in common? They are democraticly controlled states and they have enacted almost all of the laws that democrats cherish and they are all BROKE! California is arguabley THE most liberal state in the union, they have the 8th largest economy in the world and they are BROKE and more than $49 billion in the hole. One could easily conclude that liberal state governments have failed in the US. Look at the government websites like the national bureau of labor statistics or the state government websites if you don't beleive me. The facts are there.

Louisiana has been controlled by the democrats for 100 years, look how well things are going in Louisiana. Look what happened to the levys and N.O. when Katrina hit a couple of years ago. The state of Louisiana was equally responsible, if not more so, for the failure to protect it's citizens as the federal government was. Bush and his folks may have reacted badly after the storm, but the damage was done prior to the storm from years of mismanagment and corruption of the state and local DEMOCRAT controlled government.

Washington D.C, Chicago, Philadelphia, Boston, L.A. and many other large US cities have been and are controlled by the democratic machine and they are all broke and crime ridden. More people have been killed in these five cities in the past 5 years than all US soldiers in Iraq over the same period. These democraticly controlled states and cities are the places where most of the "stimulus" money will be spent. By the same democrats who have mismanaged during the last boom times.

Liberal policies don't work. When Bill Clinton was in office, he succeeded WHEN he had a republican congress. We as a country are better off when government doesn't get anything done. We as a country are better off when the American people are free to make their own decisions and the government is off of our backs. I can't understand how we as a country are going to succeed when we keep giving more of our money and our rights away to the same idiots who have screwed us for the past decades.

It's a sad commetary on Modern Conservatism when you have to pull out a Goldwater quote to defend your position. You guys had Nixon running your party when I was born, do you want me to throw a couple of his quotes out there. Or if you want to go back to the 50's let's talk McCarthy. Or if you want to be realistic, let's quote George Bush, **** Cheney, John McCaine, and Sarah Palin. These are the voices of Modern Conservatism.

As far as the Stimulus package is concerned, it's meant as a Hand up, as it's a one time spending bill, we'll just have to wait and see if it works. And by the way, the Stock market was diving before the Stimulus went into effect and no reasonible person expected anything to happen on day 2, see me in two months on that one.

I live in California, and I can tell you it's one of the most Moderate states in the union, just look at a congressional map of Cali, and you'll see Blue in LA and San Fransico, but the rest of the state is dark Red. The only Governors in Cali to ban any guns in my lifetime was Republicans Pete Wilson and Arnold. All Grey Davis did was show us his weak side and roll over like a patsy to republican pressure. Arnold is personally responsible for the economic state of California, he's a republican. Bottom Line Republicans Have been in charge of California for most of the last 20 years. Nancy Pelosi is a Congress Woman from the Frisco Area, not the Face of California.

The Dust Bowl was a result of Banks loaning money to Okies to buy Farms that didn't have irrigation or any water other than rain. When the wet years passed the same Banks forclosed on the properties, sub divided them and sold them to developers. AKA preditory lending. Sound familliar? FDR regulated the Banks, Ronald Reagan deregulated the Regulations put in place by FDR and now we see why you can't deregulate Banks and just expect everybody in the USA to be a resonsible consumer.

"Liberal policies don't work. When Bill Clinton was in office, he succeeded........." This quote from you says it all. You can go on to give the Republican congress credit, but The Man In Charge Takes the Blame or Accepts the Credit. That goes for Bush, too. Bush did it, not Pelosi and Reed.

And, about being an Independent. There have been more than a few times I wanted to leave the Democrats to be an Indepentand, but I realized I was putting myself in the hands of Dems and Reps, having no voice in any primary, you let The Bush's and the Clintons give you the choices you don't want. Do us all a favor, register as a Republican and change the party. and I'll do my part to keep the Democrats Feet on the ground. There should be a difference between a Politician and a Voter. As a Democratic Voter it's my job to vote for qualified reasonible Democrats, Republican Voters tend to Fallow the Leader, instead of Apoint a Representative. Our Democracy Demands the People Lead, which means we can't fallow.

This is fun, you're a good debate. I appreciate a good political debate, I grow weary of Ditto-Heads.

Dennis Kucinich guy here all the way. Talk about a guy who makes sense and cares. Dennis realizes that things are never as simple as they seem (which is ALWAYS true) unlike people at the other end like Ron Paul (anarchy anarchy anarchy!). The thing that irks me the most in politics are single-issue voters. I dont give a crap what your single-issue is. "Left" or "Right" sided. If you vote for someone because of their stand on just 1 issue, you are a small-minded idiot.

Another thing that disturbs me are all these people who think that the solution to everything is to "get rid of it" "nuke them" "destroy it". People have to start realizing that the truth of any matter and the solution to any problem is "somewhere in the middle". For example welfare. Boy does that need cleaned up big time. But then you hear tons of idiots who say "Just get rid of it". What about the people who really need it? OK i will stop those of you who at this point are getting ready to give me the " the community around them will step up and give them the money they need" horsecrap line. You know that it simply wont happen. Did it happen before welfare? No, thats why it was invented. BUT, we need to start cracking the whip on people who work for these welfare departments and start tightening up the restrictions on receiving it. There is some kind of work that 99.9% of people can do no matter their condition. I dont mind HELPING someone who is crippled but I dont think they should be on 100% handouts. Living off of everyone else is very undemocratic.

Moving on now to "gun nuts". Any sucker who buys this "liberals will take all your guns away" or "Obama will take all your guns away" crap really needs to do themselves and the world a favor and turn one on themselves](*,) ha not really but ya know. First off, Obama or any president cant just take all your guns away. It has to pass thru Congress first. Secondly, what legislator, that wants to keep their job come the next election cycle, will ever vote to "take all your guns away"? Very very few. Lets be realistic here folks. Quit buying this NRA Boogie Man crap. There is no "Boogie Man" there, ok?!

Ok moving on to "PC" now. I dont think an individuals beliefs or their right to express them should ever be supressed. Anyone from Black Panthers to the Klan to goofball Pat Robertson should be allowed to freely express their views without fear of punishment from law or revenge from any citizen or group of citizens. UNLESS said group or individual is telling people to commit crimes or IS commiting crimes. THAT is crossing the line. If someone calls you a ********, white trash, spick etc. who cares? Are you one? =D> Seriously?! In one ear, out the other. Thats their right to think and say that you are one. Unless they badger you about it. Thats harassment which is a CRIME.

OK now sexual harassment. Seriously lets lighten up people (especially women). If some guy asks you out or something, just say no if you dont like him (if you really dont like him tell him not to ask again). If he/she persists, THEN it is harassment. Asking once isnt harassment. Also, overhearing a conversation you werent invited into or overhearing a dirty joke isnt sexual harassment. Get that brainwashed belief out of your head. Touching you in a sexual way and badgering for dates is sexual harassment, alright?!! Quit with the sexual harassment crap all the time, seriously. Which brings me to men/women haters. No gender is more/less picked on. Give it a rest. I cant believe we need to legislate this crap as much as we do. This is America right? Where we all TRY to get along and believe in equality?=P~

If I can think of more later, I will edit. Enough for now. People try to remember, politics are only part of who a person really is.

It's a sad commetary on Modern Conservatism when you have to pull out a Goldwater quote to defend your position. You guys had Nixon running your party when I was born' date=' do you want me to throw a couple of his quotes out there. Or if you want to go back to the 50's let's talk McCarthy. Or if you want to be realistic, let's quote George Bush, **** Cheney, John McCaine, and Sarah Palin. These are the voices of Modern Conservatism.....[/quote']

Nixon - Ended the Vietnam war, opened relations with China and the USSR, he lied about a 2 bit break-in at the DNC and paid a price for it, considered by historians to be one of the greatest foreign policy presidents of all time. I'm not a fan of Nixon though.

McCarthy - History shows that McCarthy was right, the US government was infiltrated by communists, like him or not he was right.

GW Bush - not a traditional conservative, liberal on immigration and spending and foreign policy (interventionist) conservative on some social issues

Cheney - right wing conservative on some issues

McCaine - Honorable man, but many would consider him to be a RINO or at best a moderate conservative

Palin - Hot Granny!

These are not the voices of modern conservatism!

I live in California' date=' and I can tell you it's one of the most Moderate states in the union, just look at a congressional map of Cali, and you'll see Blue in LA and San Fransico, but the rest of the state is dark Red. The only Governors in Cali to ban any guns in my lifetime was Republicans Pete Wilson and Arnold. All Grey Davis did was show us his weak side and roll over like a patsy to republican pressure. Arnold is personally responsible for the economic state of California, he's a republican. Bottom Line Republicans Have been in charge of California for most of the last 20 years. Nancy Pelosi is a Congress Woman from the Frisco Area, not the Face of California......[/quote']

HaHa! You are the first person I've ever heard call California moderate!

The California State Legislature currently has a Democratic majority, with the Senate consisting of 25 Democrats and 15 Republicans; and the Assembly having 51 Democrats and 29 Republicans. Except for the period from 1995 to 1996, the Assembly has been in Democratic hands since the 1970 election (even while the governor's office has gone back and forth between Republicans and Democrats). The Senate has been in Democratic hands continuously since 1970.

The Governor has the powers and responsibilities to: sign or veto laws passed by the Legislature, including a line item veto; appoint judges, subject to ratification by the electorate; propose a state budget; give the annual State of the State Address; command the state militia; and grant pardons for any crime, except cases involving impeachment by the Legislature. The Governor and Lieutenant Governor also serve as ex officio members of the University of California Board of Regents.

The Governor has the powers and responsibilities to: sign or veto laws passed by the Legislature, including a line item veto; propose a state budget; give the annual State of the State Address and grant pardons for any crime, except cases involving impeachment by the Legislature.

As part of the system of checks and balances, the Legislature has statutory influence over the funding, organization, and procedures used by agencies of the executive branch. It also has the authority to appoint citizens to policy-making committees in the executive branch and to designate members of the Legislature to serve on agency boards. Many appointments made by the governor are subject to legislative approval

Swarzenegger - Liberal Republican/RINO

Gray Davis - Liberal Democrat

pete Wilson - Traditional Republican

George Deukmejian - Republican - His governorship was a radical departure from his predecessor, Jerry Brown. Deukmejian vowed to not raise taxes, appealing to the business community by repealing some consumer and environmental protection. He presented himself as law and order candidate proposing new efforts to fight crime. He faced a Democrat-dominated California State Legislature during his two terms as governor. He was the sole Republican statewide officeholder until Thomas W. Hayes was appointed California State Treasurer, following the death of Treasurer Jesse Unruh.

Jerry Brown - Liberal Democrat

The Dust Bowl was a result of Banks loaning money to Okies to buy Farms that didn't have irrigation or any water other than rain. When the wet years passed the same Banks forclosed on the properties' date=' sub divided them and sold them to developers. AKA preditory lending. Sound familliar? FDR regulated the Banks, Ronald Reagan deregulated the Regulations put in place by FDR and now we see why you can't deregulate Banks and just expect everybody in the USA to be a resonsible consumer..[/quote']

The dust bowl was created primarily by poor farming practices, (e.g., the removal of ALL of the drought resistant prairie grass) hence the statement about planting wheat, fence row to fence row. When wheat prices rose dramatically for several years BOTH farmers and bankers wanted in on the action. There were bad lending practices and stupid, greedy borrowers. Just like today, it takes both lenders and borrowers to create the problem.

The deregulation of banks began under Reagan, a republican, but don't forget that he had a DEMOCRATIC congress that wrote the laws deregulating the lenders, Reagan signed the bills into law. The real deregulation occured under Clinton, a democrat. The bill was written by a Republican congress (passed by an overwhelming majority of both repubs and dems by over 75 votes in the Senate) and signed by Clinton. Both parties are guilty of removing the protections and regulations on banks/lenders/insurance companies. Their plans ultimately failed but only after over 15 years of growth and wealth creation.

"Liberal policies don't work. When Bill Clinton was in office' date=' he succeeded........." This quote from you says it all. You can go on to give the Republican congress credit, but The Man In Charge Takes the Blame or Accepts the Credit. That goes for Bush, too. Bush did it, not Pelosi and Reed..[/quote']

Liberal policies do not work, all we have to do is look at California, Ohio, Michigan, New York, Illinois, etc. It's a shame that the president gets all the credit and all the blame for good times or bad, when it's really more to do with the legislature and overall world events.

I'll stay independent thanks!

McCarthy was evil, and really that's all there is to it. He was a Salem Witchhunter and saying he was right 'cause he successfully stigmatized Loyd Bridges as a Commy is like saying the Salem Wich Trials were successful 'cause they Burned a few Women. Here's what I mean......

Let's say an American Commusnist took to the Pulpit in the Mid 50's to state his case for Communism as opposed to Capitalism, do you believe he would have turned the hearts of Hard Working post-war Americans to give their financial security over to the Government for the sake of Community. I believe such a Politician would lose his seat without McCarthy Villianizing anyone who ever knew a Commy or interested themselves in communism. McCarthism is based on Mistrust of the citizenry, if you belive that just discovering the principals of Communism will automaticaly make you want Communism, you have no faith in Capitalism. Personaly I think you could let there be a Communist political Party right in the Heart of DC, but the Free Liberal American and Free Conservative Americans wouldn't give them the serious concideration required to be a viable party. The resistance McCarthy showed lent Communism a large measure of credibility that helped fuel the Cold War for Decades. If we could have showed the World that communism may take root, but will not grow in the fertile soils of Democracy, we would have more Democracy in the World. Fighting it like it's a Rampant Infestation shows the world that people want it, and Government must keep it from the hungry citizens.

Nixon Only had a little Break In?????? Dude, where I come from Breaking and Entering is worse than lieing, lieing about Breaking and Entering sends you to jail, no matter how much you gave to the March of Dimes, you go to jail for Breaking and Entering and Lieing about it.

Like it or not Bush and Cheney are the last succesful Republicans and therefore the leaders of the Party. I aint makin' that up, it's just the way the Conservative Cookie Crumbles. Before Obama, Clinton was the leader of the Democratic Part, not Al Gore, not Dukkakis, Not Carter.

We pretty much agree on what caused the Dust Bowl. Lending money to people who weren't Farmers to buy Farms. When they failed, the banks got thier Farms to resell. The banks weren't expected to take any responsibility for responsible lending, AKA Preditory Lending. And yeah, Reagan and Clinton made some bad deregulation moves, but Reagan was Dereguloator in Chief. See, as a responsible Democratic Voter, I can be dissapointed in dessisions like NAFTA and some of the Bush 41 era stuff that Clinton should have killed, but for the most part, Clintons good dessisions outweighed his poor dessisions.

Not only is California more Moderate than Pop Culture would have you believe, but Texas is more Moderate than Pop Culture would have you believe, and in case you haven't noticed, Traditionally "Conservative States" and Traditionally "Liberal States" are all in the same Ressesion. I'd love to Blame State Republicans 'cause it would be more fun and a longer argument, but it's just not true, National Economic Policies have put us in this hole.

And I didn't mean to be snidley or insulting when I said you should Join the Republicans, It's just that I feel members of the Large Parties have more impact on the overall process. I fully respect your Independence, but your arguments are all very Pro Rebublican, or at least Anti-Democrat, the unflattering Pics you keep in your Signature are of democrats (where's your Doctored Photo of Specter or that Idiot Phil Gramm?) which tells me you wear you Disdain for Democrats on your Sleeve, but seem to have nothing but Admiration and forgivness for Republicans. You even distance them from George Bush, which tells me you're worried about the Reputation of the Republican Party. You'd make a good Republican, I think they need a Smart Voice like yours in these trying times. Now that time I was being Snidley, but thats what you get for starting a Political Conversation peppered with Republican Talking points before the First 100 days of a new Administration is over. You may be an An Independant on paper, but your heart is Republican, take it from a Liberal who grew up in the Conservative 41st District of California.

I liked ron paul too. I thought Mitt Romney had the better chance of getting elected but no' date=' were gonna go with john mccain. JOHN MCCAIN??? 1st off the dude is about as creepy as hell. Anyone else would have beat Obama, where is the republican party headed? I like the new RNC, I hope he gets us back on track.[/quote']Sarah Palin killed that for them. I liked her but she was no VP....

I really ' date=' really wanted to see Ron Paul in the White House, he seemed to be the best solution to this complete mess we are in. Of course , that could not possibly happen as he made way too much sense.[/quote']

The reason Ron Paul couldn't get out of the gate can be summed up in two words. Texas Republican. That and he kept calling himself a Libertarian while he had an R next to his name, and let me tell you, confusion during a campaighn never helps. And finnally, his biggest Faux-Pas was hammering away at Hillary Supporters during a Republican Primary. He had his phone banks calling Hillary Supporters instead of Republican Voters during a republican Primary. A High School freshman with a C in Social Studies could tell you whats wrong with that. :-

Archived