Gibson Brands Forums

Just got my Advanced Jumbo!

allanj

=D> =D> =D> I ordered it online and took the risk buying without playing, so far so good, it plays and sounds great!

Amazing build also, the finish is very well done, the rosewood back and sides looks incredible, the top is nicely matched, even the sides are nicely matched, but it's the sound of it that really impressed me! It was made 09/08 according to the serial number, the setup seems just right for now but we'll see. Here are some picts!

IMG_0123.jpg

IMG_0122.jpg

IMG_0121.jpg

IMG_0118.jpg

Well since GG has not popped in to ask yet..... What was the first song you played? :)

Congrats and welcome to the AJ fan club! Nice looking example you got there.

I did have the nut slots and truss tweaked on mine by my local guy after getting it and typically I play with Elixir PB Nano's 12-54 gauge strings but I know they come with 13's I think. As a fingerstyle guy, I like the lighter gauge for bending and what not and don't feel as if I have lost much, if any volume.

If you decide to swap out the pins for bone, Bob Colosi has some really nice doulbe inlay bone pins size 2A works great for the AJ.

Thanks for the replies! It seems like Gibson's QC control person was present that day[-x :) even the sides match.

And yes I got a set of plain white bone pins from Bob and it sounds even better. The first song I played? Tequila sunrise by the Eagles hehe....

Great!

Play much and give life to your new beauty!

Let the harmony of your soul run trough your fingers and body and flew into the guitar!

Congrats - it is allways good to have a new guitar that you like - especially a Gibson

Great!

Play much and give life to your new beauty!

Let the harmony of your soul run trough your fingers and body and flew into the guitar!

Congrats - it is allways good to have a new guitar that you like - especially a Gibson

That's a nice looking guitar. I got one a couple of weeks back, they're great guitars. The only thing i didn't like about mine was it had a flimsy black plastic truss rod cover, which i've now replaced. Mine is slightly different as well, in that where the back of the neck meets the body, it's white.

That's a nice looking guitar. I got one a couple of weeks back' date=' they're great guitars. The only thing i didn't like about mine was it had a flimsy black plastic truss rod cover, which i've now replaced. Mine is slightly different as well, in that where the back of the neck meets the body, it's white. [/quote']

Pictures please!

Archived