Gibson Brands Forums

2019 SG Std. Bass

MrNylon

I just acquired a 2019 Heritage Cherry SG Std. bass. The QC, and the intonation is great! It plays well through the Ampeg V-4B / SVT-212AV. A great combination of bass, and amp. The D'Addario ETB92S Nylon strings add to the fine sounds of it.

SNVKoyZ.jpgIwAuiUn.jpg

Congrats man, Happy NBD to ya! :)

Thanks, It's a flat-out fine example of what Gibson is capable of to turn out in an excellent bass. I've always loved the body shape of a Gibson SG anyway.

9DDkvfb.jpg

Thanks, I really like this this one more than any other SG Std. I've had.

Glad to hear it. I have a Gibson '67 SG Special Reissue guitar with P-90s in Heritage Cherry (GOW). An absolutely beautiful guitar and sounds great.

I was seriously considering an SG-style short-scale case here recently. I ended up buying a multi-scale, fanned fret 6 string Ibanez bass. But seeing your recent purchase, I'm definitely looking that way again. [tongue]

Glad to hear it. I have a Gibson '67 SG Special Reissue guitar with P-90s in Heritage Cherry (GOW). An absolutely beautiful guitar and sounds great.

I was seriously considering an SG-style short-scale case here recently. I ended up buying a multi-scale, fanned fret 6 string Ibanez bass. But seeing your recent purchase, I'm definitely looking that way again. [tongue]

I'm glad I acquired the SG Std. It's a great player, and I love the body shape of SG basses, and guitars.

That looks great! Is that a new strap button for 2019 or do they use bigger ones like that for the basses?

As far as I know, and or remember, it's the same as the 2015 strap buttons. Whether is bigger than a 6 stringer guitar, I don't know.

Looks like they got rid of the walnut color for 2019. I really wanted one. Guess I'll have to keep checking Reverb for a used 2018 to show up. I want that color to match my 6 string SG.

I had a 2018 Walnut that looked sharp. I was a bit surprised that there wasn't one offered in the 2019 series.

Archived