Gibson Brands Forums

Friday Forum Members "Rockin" Videos....

Murph

Post some of your stuff that will rock the house this morning !

I'll start with a tune from the 1998 (yes, 21 years ago) recording of Murphy Slaw. Sorry no real video on this one. The first lead break is Owen with a single coil G&L. My SG with a Marshall comes later.

Edited by Murph

Awesome Ben... and new nuance to your handle here...

Your songwriting has great clever double references; definitely a wow....

I dont have any old video of my band in college.. if I did you would hear us playing the Cars, Genesis, Squeeze... and occasionally Chuck Mangione?

Anyways this is about 2 1/2 years old, and we do play this song almost every set still... Gracefully Face Down. Here we are rehearsing; I should have had the mic closer. Yes I do miss the Bird!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=006weflDZ4Q

Edited by ThemisSal

Good work, men! Don't have much that rocks recorded, but here's a bit of tejano-Texican rockin' from somewhere around 2008. The phrasing of the lyric has changed since this was recorded and I still alter the delivery live, but it's still a nice tune........I think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUojUJDZJYI

Buc, I've always loved that song. This is the first time I've heard that version instead of your straight ballad version. It works well as a Tejano piece. The dude on the cover even looks like you, hombre.

Edited by j45nick

There's some Gibson love there, what is he playing, it that be a banner Southern Jumbo?

Ray Wylie plays a lot of different Gibsons, including that SJ (probably a modern repro, since it has a banner logo but a bound neck), J-45, J-50, J-160, several ES 335's, etc. In that song he talks about sunburst Gibsons, an ES 335, and a strat. And some amps.

Lots of miles on that boy.

Edited by j45nick

Post some of your stuff that will rock the house this morning !

I'll start with a tune from the 1998 (yes, 21 years ago) recording of Murphy Slaw. Sorry no real video on this one. The first lead break is Owen with a single coil G&L. My SG with a Marshall comes later.

That was awesome, Murph!!! I agree with Sal. Very clever writing, very nice playing, vocals and well put together. Nice!!!!

I just started a rocker, though the lead playing will not be anything like yours. <sigh>