Gibson Brands Forums

who likes the 2nd amendment?

FennRx

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FFL (curio & relic) license and CCW since '98. I used to collect military rifles (various Mausers, Nagants and Enfields) until one day I got bored and sold the lot. I kept about a dozen handguns and a few old worthless shotguns, my father's .22 from 1934 he bought new for $3.98, stuff like that. I never carry (no real need to.....yet) but I make sure the CCW gets renewed and I'm a good boy in the eyes of the CLEO. I've never hunted in my life and have no desire to.

"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson

"Today, we need a nation of minutemen, Citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily lives." John F. Kennedy

"Opressors can tyrannize only when they achieve a standing army, an enslaved press, and a disarmed populace" James Madison

I am as stated in agreement with the majority of those posting.

As devils advocate I relay a true event.

In 1982 A friend of mine who's parents were out of the house grabbed the household .22 to shoot a wild stray dog. He slipped and killed his little brother.

He lost his mind on that day. He will never recover. He's been in and out of institutions of various types ever since.

Just saying. Not changing my opinion.

Gun laws only apply to the law abiding. Outlaws couldn't give a crap. Outlaw guns and only outlaws will have guns. What a great position to be in eh? Goes hand in hand with nanny goat governments tho.

You got anymore catch phrases you want to put out there. How about 'guns don't kill people, people kill people'. Or maybe ' you can have my gun when you pull it out of my cold dead hands'.

Guns are ok by me. When it becomes a religion It just freaks me out. It's a tool. The NRA of which I was once a member will never get a dime from me again. I think they lost their mission when they started picking political sides instead of issues.

You got anymore catch phrases you want to put out there. How about 'guns don't kill people' date=' people kill people'. Or maybe ' you can have my gun when you pull it out of my cold dead hands'.

[/quote']

How about "Happiness is a warm gun"

You don't like catch phrases? How about shove it up your ***' date=' that's a good catch phrase for you.

[/quote']

You could have probably tried a bit harder that was pretty weak. Try to be more creative in the future. I really don't think that was a catch phrase anyway. Just a blunt statement.

Sorry I don't live up to your standards. I will endever to try much harder in the fututre

not

Good. BTW I really wasn't being critical. I was honestly looking for catch phrases, but since it was apparent you wanted to be a ******* (I actually used the *). I felt it was expected to return in kind.

If you wanna know a safe state' date=' move to idaho. They (citizens) are allowed to holister a weapon in broad day light. They have one of the lowest crime rates in america.

Imagine a vegetable robber trying to steal a potato and everyone on the farm including the cow pulls out a walther on the guy.[/quote']

That would be so cool.

purchasing firearms also can serve another purpose: stimulate the economy.

like gibson guitars' date=' firearms are still an american tradition. i own two S&W guns, both made right here in the United States. The first is a Model 642 .38 Special. The second is a Sigma 9VE. I know what some people think of this so called "Swock", but i really like it. very comfortable to hold, control and fire. and brand new for $300? you're not going to get a Glock for that price, even used.

what do you guys think? [/quote']

:- Nice!!! =D>

the way i figure' date=' if i find you in my house at 3:00am without my invitation, i will assume you are there to kill me and rape my wife. and that just aint gonna happen.

[/quote']

=D> i like your attitude!! =D>

I've carried legally for almost 40 years.

lucky...?

If you wanna know a safe state' date=' move to idaho. They (citizens) are allowed to holister a weapon in broad day light. They have one of the lowest crime rates in america.

Imagaine a bank robber trying to steal money and everyone in the bank including the bank teller pulls out a walther on the guy.[/quote']

Bye-Bye mass !!!

Archived