Gibson Brands Forums

Reverb sold

Navy Vet.

Until just recently I've never used Reverb much.  I did by some Virtuoso polish there once.  But, I did just sell my Tribute T on Reverb and I have one of my Warmoth Tele's for sale as we speak.  I don't know much/anything about Etsy.

I personally really like Reverb.  I think it is a great platform to guys like me who want to find some sort of return on used gear that I have no functional purpose for anymore.  The rates aren't all that bad and hope that they don't change too drastically.  I prefer Reverb a lot more than eBay...  Either way, I go the Reverb route to sell mostly.  I have done some great deals on CL, but exposure isn't the best.  As well, the shop down the street from me is also a great option for me as their consignment is 15% if you want the cash, 10% if you buy something of theirs.  All in all, it's pretty much something that we have no control over and hopefully there are no discouraging things that happen once this becomes official. 

4 hours ago, NighthawkChris said:

I personally really like Reverb.  I think it is a great platform to guys like me who want to find some sort of return on used gear that I have no functional purpose for anymore.  The rates aren't all that bad and hope that they don't change too drastically.  I prefer Reverb a lot more than eBay...  Either way, I go the Reverb route to sell mostly.  I have done some great deals on CL, but exposure isn't the best.  As well, the shop down the street from me is also a great option for me as their consignment is 15% if you want the cash, 10% if you buy something of theirs.  All in all, it's pretty much something that we have no control over and hopefully there are no discouraging things that happen once this becomes official. 

I like Reverb too. I have bought several items from Reverb and I have no complaints. I like the fact it was founded by a musician and staffed by musicians for musicians. Although I don't consider myself a musician, but that's another story. I hope Reverb stays as it currently is, a great place to buy and sell musical gear for musicians and bad guitar players.

31 minutes ago, Big Bill said:

That's me!!!  🤣🤣

I bet you I'm a worse guitar player than you are. In fact I was voted 3 consecutive years 'worst guitarist' in the city of Birmingham. I don't like to brag, but 3 consecutive years is still a record.

2 hours ago, Navy Vet. said:

I bet you I'm a worse guitar player than you are. In fact I was voted 3 consecutive years 'worst guitarist' in the city of Birmingham. I don't like to brag, but 3 consecutive years is still a record.

Is that a challenge my friend? 😀

FYI, I'm Air Force. We can have a Sunday morning play off on who's the worse guitar player. If FZ Fan didn't bail he could be the judge!

Most important, thank you for your service!!!

Thanks, and thank you for your service. I played a club once and was heckled. Some cat in the audience yelled out,..the guitar player is a mother.....er. The bouncer approached the man and asked if he called the guitar player a mother...er.  The man said I want to know who called this mother...er a guitar player.  I rest my case. 

21 minutes ago, Navy Vet. said:

Thanks, and thank you for your service. I played a club once and was heckled. Some cat in the audience yelled out,..the guitar player is a mother.....er. The bouncer approached the man and asked if he called the guitar player a mother...er.  The man said I want to know who called this mother...er a guitar player.  I rest my case. 

Ah man, I can't beat that... However, there's a drunk asswhole in every crowd. I've seen videos of Angus Young getting heckled and got a beer tossed in his face. When I gigged, I played bass or rhythm and I would turn it down on the songs I was really sucked at. My wife complains to this day that I play the same "crap" over and over, I guess it's because I play the blues. 

Most of us here are play for our own enjoyment, isn't that what matters the most?

5 minutes ago, Big Bill said:

Most of us here are play for our own enjoyment, isn't that what matters the most?

Yes, it's all that matters.  The rest of us, through whatever stroke(s) of luck put us there, are lucky enough to play for our own enjoyment in front of people.

rct

19 minutes ago, Big Bill said:

Ah man, I can't beat that... However, there's a drunk asswhole in every crowd. I've seen videos of Angus Young getting heckled and got a beer tossed in his face. When I gigged, I played bass or rhythm and I would turn it down on the songs I was really sucked at. My wife complains to this day that I play the same "crap" over and over, I guess it's because I play the blues. 

The Good Lord gave me a lot of passion for music, but he didn’t give me a lot of talent. I realized at 25 I didn’t have chops to make a full time living playing.  I think Eric Clapton got my talent issue on top of his when it was being issued out.  But it has never detoured me playing everyday. I play only for myself these days and rarely do I get heckled. 

18 minutes ago, rct said:

Yes, it's all that matters.  The rest of us, through whatever stroke(s) of luck put us there, are lucky enough to play for our own enjoyment in front of people.

rct

It’s really all that matters. Back in the sixties and seventies I got to see a lot of local bands in Birmingham. There were some real good bands with real good guitarist. Wayne Perkins, Bobby Delander, and drove down to Montgomery one night to see this local hot shot everyone was telling me he was the real deal. His name is Tommy Shaw. Wayne recorded with the Stones, Bobby went to LA and laid down tracks for commercials and Tommy joined some band, I forgot their name. Twigs or Sticks or something like that.  I was never jealous, I’m thankful I can play and still enjoy it like I did way back when.  It’s all good.

Evil people making money,  it's different  when I make money. That's awesome.

But to think someone created a web based business, made it successful then sell it for enough money to retire? 

That is unacceptable,  unless of course I can do the same thing,  

I wish I could do it,  but I hate it when others get off their asses and work hard to make a business successful. 

That's petty much what I'm hearing here

Archived