Gibson Brands Forums

My Guitar :(

guitarbob123

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the kid is in boarding school. He'll get his *** kicked if he reports the person.

I know what I am talking about...I spent two years in a British board school in the late 70s. It is like prison' date=' without the bars. [/quote']

Alot of ghay butt sex huh?

What's a crisp packet? I've never heard of one before, must be a British term.

The right thing to do would be to report it. That's what you SHOULD do.

I, on the other hand, would probably destroy something one of those kids loved. Not just to destroy it either, but to send a message saying "I'm the boss and you're my b1tch."

One time at a party at my house some kid who was two grades below me (who I did not invite) smashed my ukulele thinking it was going to be funny. I then asked the kids he came with what they were drinking. He points to an almost full 30 rack. I grabbed it and bashed the punk over the head with it once and he dropped like a rag doll. I then told his friends to get out and that I was keeping the 30. Then I had one of my buddies who was the designated driver drop him off at the police station.

The moral of that story? Make sure if you are going to get revenge, that it's on your turf by your rules. That way you can't get in trouble.

I strongly suggest you don't get revenge though.

What's a crisp packet? I've never heard of one before' date=' must be a British term. [/quote']

A crisp=Potato chip

Packet=bag

some kid who was two grades below me (who I did not invite) smashed my ukulele thinking it was going to be funny.

That is pretty funny. What they hell are you doing with a ukulele. He did you a favor.

sorted.

i'm only 13 so most of the options you suggested wont work

yeah its a boarding school but i'm a day pupil.

we dont take communal showers.

i just go home and have one :-

but theres a attic above the study that he goes up in regularly so and its right and the entrance is above my desk and using my desk as a ladder is the only way up or down so and its too high to jump from.

so when he goes up i'll just move the desk and get the housemaster while up there and frame him and then later on say that he messed up my guitar making it look like he did it for revenge.

means he'll get an evening detention until 6:30 pm and then after i say about guitar get another one or have to speak to the deputy head which is very serious at my school. just below getting suspended.

i've got witnesses who saw him do it, come tommorrow hes going to get in trouble.

i'm normally like a mafia boss.

do anything to me and i'll get you back twice as hard and have nothing pinned on me.

and since i haven't done anything wrong in this whole thing i'll look like an innocent victim. =P~

thats a long post but thanks for the support.

i'll say how it went and keep you updated

edit: dont worry i've got my back covered.

everyone agrees it was too far to go and theres 3 guitar players in the study other than me and a load of other people are backing me up.

this kid thinks everythings funny till something happens to him.

well hes in for a big surprise...

Act like a true american kid... get a gun and go there and kill everyone in the school...

Just kidding... dont start flaming me or asking for the mods to ban me... I was just kidding.

i'm 100% english although my life dream is to come and life in america.

so one day i'll become an american citizen at least

Calmly explain to the moron/s in the most perfect manner that if they EVER again touch ANYTHING of yours' date=' you will get them where it hurts when they least expect it. Be afraid...very afraid. Make it abundantly clear to these idiots that you are a psychotic mo-fo, and you cant be held responsible for what IS going to happen to them should they ever again touch your guitar. An idiot I used to live with did pretty much the same thing to me once with a guitar, I waited by the door for him to come back from work, let him walk in the door, and punched him in the nose, there was blood everywhere. Needless to say, he don't speak to me much anymore, in fact if he sees me, he walks the other way, to this day.[/quote']

they already know that i'l flip out if people **** with my stuff.

thats why hes doing it.

hes trying to look cool but everyone things hes just an annoying nerd so it wont help him.

i haven't flipped yet because its just giving him what he wants

bromsgrove (i'm safe saying this knowing your in chicago.

its one of the best in the country according to statistics or something like that.

he choose a bad time to mess my guitar up.

the whole school did a bullying survey today so he'll look like an idiot doing something like that less than an hour after we did it.

i dont think he reliased that it wasn't a good idea to mess with my stuff.

All things considered, getting in trouble yourself for kicking their arse may not be worth it at the end of the day. I'd say have a "nice" chat with the punks, and lock up your case. If that doesn't work, then report their arses as a last resort.... Considering you have your life ahead of you, keep your nose clean and resist the temptation of going the way of an eye-for-an-eye sort of approach... Having a clean school record will work to your benefit later on...

@lpden

my school record isn't sparkling because i have quite a few detentions for forgetting homework.

i'm not going to fight him because i'll get in trouble.

if you read my posts you'll find my master plan to use the school to kick his *** with out getting beaten my self. keeping all my friends and looking innocent to the school

The next time they're taking a dump, pour a five gallon bucket of water on them.

Or you can buy a big bag of lady bugs and let them go in the guys dorm room. Do it in the evening so they have to sleep in there with 1000 lady bugs buzzing around the place.

If it's going on for a little while, report it to an authority figure at the school. Yeah, it's great to talk and act tough but the bottom line is that you're there for school and an education and you don't want to screw that up by getting into it with some jagoff.

i'll have it sorted wherei dont get into any trouble do nothing wrong

and he gets into trouble.

everyones backing me up so i wont get beaten up or lose any friends.

i dont woant to get any one else in trouble which is why i 've checked between five people to see if it was him not anyone else.

everyone said it was him and no one else did anything and i cant trust them so hopefull it'll all end fine

not all of them but there are no guns here.

people dont want to waste their parents (or grandparents in my case (their multimillionaires)) omney

not bragging but the fees are about 10 grand are year (or to you americans $14k)

people wont let that sort of money be wasted by messing around.

unfortuantly for his parents. this kid is wasting so thats his choice.

wish they'd pay for a guitar though.

if i do music a levels i'll ask if they might like to help invest in a gibson eds-1275 for me to practice with [-o<

That is pretty funny. What they hell are you doing with a ukulele. He did you a favor.

I owned a ukulele because they rock. You can take it places and sing people songs without worrying about your nice acoustic guitar getting damaged.

I also like how you have George Harrison in your avatar considering he was a big ukulele enthusiast. In the anthology videos Paul's on his boat talking about how every night after dinner at George's they would bring out the ukulele's and jam. He also plays a beautiful version of "Something" on the ukulele at the Concert For George, which is joined by the band after a verse or two. When he gets too emotional to cry the other person in your avatar picks up the reigns and sings the rest. It's beautiful.

Paul also says in that interview that whenever he meets an adult that plays the ukulele he immediately likes them because they have a "young soul." That was another reason I bought it, so I could be instant buddies with Paul McCartney if I ever meet him.

And guitarbob123, nice job. That's a very mature way to handle it while still getting satisfactory results. I'm so proud [-o<

bromsgrove (i'm safe saying this knowing your in chicago.

Do the teachers still cane and beat kids at boarding schools. When I was there caning was pretty common. The other thing they did was beat you with a gym shoe. I had that done to me twice. Once was talking to a kid in class. And the other time for cheating on a math test.

Archived