Gibson Brands Forums

Going to Chicago

Mr. Gibson

The group Chicago is playing at the Norsk Hostfest  ,my wife got comp tickets from work,so I guess date night with me lovely bride.  Never seen them but always liked their music. Things have changed since the old concert days lighters been replaced by cellphones.. No ganja being passed around ,no cigerettes being smoked. The world is ending.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

First rock band with horns.  They have visited my area a couple of time in the past two years, I did not go to see them, but several of my friends did, and they said it was great.  Still about 4 or 5 original members I think.  They tour an incredible number (about 200?) of days per year for a bunch of old guys.

• Like 1

Saw them six months ago, mostly as gift to my wife who always liked them.  In reality , big gift to both of us as it was among best live shows ever saw.     3 original members , plus fantastic lineup of players    BIG sound , tons of energy, tons of movement on stage, many many hits.   Guitarist was great—has been with band for 20 years, channeled the TK style during the big numbers. Played a green LP for about half the show along with a Tele Custom.  Couldn’t believe how much I enjoyed it.  In fact,  seeing them again this month.  

• Like 1