Gibson Brands Forums

Billy Strings and Molly Tuttle - Sitting on Top of the World

uncle fester

Jesus wept, there is some immense talent between the two of them. I just love the feel that they both bring to anything and everything they play. Very interesting Billroy that you mention the smoothness in Molly's playing, I was just thinking that they are two interesting musical gender archetypes...Billy strutting through his breaks with swagger and that aggressive top E run that he utilises here several times, Molly almost casually walking into her breaks with a buttery, feminine smoothness that is the proverbial fist in a velvet glove...arguably more effective and devastating in its subtlety than Billy's effervescent brilliance. 

I mean all that with the utmost respect and love to them both...they are operating at the absolute stratospheric top of their game. 

I was watching some live MT footage online the other day and my partner Amy sat in for a while and said "bet you'd have loved to date her when you were single". I countered that I would be terrified to ever pick up a guitar again if I was seeing someone who could pick like that...

• Like 1

I have seen vestiges of the future and ...the future looks bright! 

For the ones who declared the end of guitar sales I would suggest you hold your horses. There's a massive amount of new talent ready to shine.

and that's just bluegrass. Look to Julian Lage and on, and on.

They should attract new adherents and on it will go.

19 hours ago, Jinder said:

Jesus wept, there is some immense talent between the two of them. I just love the feel that they both bring to anything and everything they play. Very interesting Billroy that you mention the smoothness in Molly's playing, I was just thinking that they are two interesting musical gender archetypes...Billy strutting through his breaks with swagger and that aggressive top E run that he utilises here several times, Molly almost casually walking into her breaks with a buttery, feminine smoothness that is the proverbial fist in a velvet glove...arguably more effective and devastating in its subtlety than Billy's effervescent brilliance. 

I mean all that with the utmost respect and love to them both...they are operating at the absolute stratospheric top of their game. 

I was watching some live MT footage online the other day and my partner Amy sat in for a while and said "bet you'd have loved to date her when you were single". I countered that I would be terrified to ever pick up a guitar again if I was seeing someone who could pick like that...

hahaha i know! Molly asking "Do you play guitar?"  WHO ME? naah 🤣

• Haha 1

On 10/21/2019 at 1:59 PM, j45nick said:

Them two can pick more notes than the number of ants on a Tennessee anthill.

Yup, , , and that ain't few.

They are quite a pair. Billy is a wizard for sure, , , but Molly is the acoustic angel of this planet. I would like to meet her after midnite and hear her go slow.