Gibson Brands Forums

Silly Question Time....

BluesKing777

If you worked at Gibson Acoustic in Montana, which job would you like to do? (apart from the Boss!).

Use current skills for something or learn new ones?

I think I could divide my time between the paint/finish and a bit of graphic art, hopefully no computer data file work!

BluesKing777.

Edited by BluesKing777

Id like to be the guy whose job is to say “naaaaaah bruh. No effing way.” I do realize it’s a position they might have t create for the first time...

context: 

“Hey, lets put these station wagon looking automatic tuners on the new J45s”

me...  “naaaaaah bruh. No effing way.”

”hey lets do a run of 250 Gold Hummingbirds”

Edited by Salfromchatham
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Salfromchatham said:

it’s a position they might have t create for the first time...

”hey lets do a run of 250 Gold Hummingbirds”

A job that should probably be created-  the no, bro guy.

And yes, 250 Gold Hummingbirds- no, bro. . .  maybe just release 10 Gold Hummingbirds out onto the world. Anyone who ever had a soft spot for a '59 Les Paul Goldtop, or a well-aged J-50 might not kick a Trans Gold Hummingbird off the couch

JGgfonm.png

As far as other job options at Bozeman:

77AFAP2.png

. . . or, I could take out the trash. . . you know, dispose of their cosmetic cast-offs- 'seems I've had some experience in that department already.

Whatever the job is, it would beat my first job out of High School at the sewage treatment plant. I was in charge of poking the floaters.

Anywhooooooooooo, mine actually would be the computer data geek thing. It's what I did. I loved to do it.  I didn't even want to do any GUI work. All data. Data-mining, storage, report data design, etc. Especially something along the line of complete end to end business like this one. Manufacturing to sales to distribution and on and on. The next to last gig I had was like this and I loved it. I was sad to see us sell off. Yeah, I admit - I'm sort of strange. Might be because I spent first decade in career on business side. I knew what my users wanted before they did.