Gibson Brands Forums

Things to spend money on when you make it big....

LPDEN

So you're now in a famous rock band, you're raking in the big bucks and you now can live the dreams you always aspired... We've seen many rockers live out their wants. Rockers from John Bonham to Sammy Hagar like(d) Hots Rods or System of a Down Drummer John Dolmayan

and just paid $317,200 for a single comic book. Not just any comic book, but reportedly the first Superman book.comic book.

So the lesson here to the younger board participants; Play hard and practice often and maybe one day you too can live the dream, even if that means then being able to start your own company on a not-so shoe string budget, or even buy that elusive comic book... =P~

I wouldnt buy anything I wouldnt buy right now. Really... I hate how most rockstars are totally broke after their careers end and nobody remembers them. So the best choice is to invest that money the best way available at the time.

Well, we've seen it time and again how many who made fall flat broke...

This could be a topic of in itself of those who made and then fell hard... Johnny Paycheck comes to mind.

If I hit the big time like winning the lottery then I'd have my own live music venue.. Thats a deal me and the father in law have.... I'd also like my own guitar shop...

Oh and put my kids through the best education money can buy!

Flight959

I'd buy France. I'd crown myself Emporer and take over Europe. Then' date=' I'd rule with an iron fist!

[/quote']

From whom?

Then learn the differences between an Emporer and an Emperor, perhaps?

From whom?

I'm sure that if I were rich enough I could find someone over there to sell it to me! If not, I'll just fund an army and take it by force!

Why would I do this you may ask? Because I would make sure that thongs are legal forever on the Riviera. Oh, and I love the wine. If I owned it all, I wouldn't have to buy it.

From whom?

Then learn the differences between an Emporer and an Emperor' date=' perhaps?[/quote']

Ah, my mistake for typing too fast and not checking spelling. Thank you so much, Pippy. Maybe once I take power I can name you minister of grammar?

Archived