Gibson Brands Forums

When a Band Turns into a Corporation

Big Bill

21 minutes ago, rct said:

A guitar player, no shirt, full length leather duster, strutting around, fully in command no matter how hosed up he was, bashing at tele/lespaul/strat, sometimes two at a time?  Oh yeah, full stiffy.  I'd probably have turned for Joe long time ago.  lolz

His mustache was were I...Drew The Line... Other than that he's a big slice of beef cake.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

20 minutes ago, mihcmac said:

I played music at night so I could work at Motorola in the daytime. 🙂 

Bob my bass said Steven Tyler was pretty cool when he was with his mom.

He can't be a tool 24/7. Well he is full of his own self.  Those guys should be dead, so maybe there is a god.

4 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

He can't be a tool 24/7. Well he is full of his own self.  Those guys should be dead, so maybe there is a god.

Their music keeps being rediscovered by new generations. If you Walk This Way, you may discover the Sweet Emotion of re-releasing your older woks...

20 minutes ago, mihcmac said:

Their music keeps being rediscovered by new generations. If you Walk This Way, you may discover the Sweet Emotion of re-releasing your older woks...

After Rocks I do not partake. I do like the song Draw The Line and Kings And Queens. Then for me they blow. I've tried to listen to the power ballad stuff. I really just can't do it. They are pros and have slept with some too I'm sure. Steven probably would have slept with a goat in the mid 70's if it had drugs and was willing to share.

I would say I have 95% of their music in digital form from trading music with people.  I was gonna see them in 2003  with Kiss, then Hurricane Isabelle came.  Now I flat out refuse. Even if I was in Vegas and was handed a free ticket I probably would not go. I would rather see The Blue Man Group.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

24 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

After Rocks I do not partake. I do like the song Draw The Line and Kings And Queens. Then for me they blow. I've tried to listen to the power ballad stuff. I really just can't do it. They are pros and have slept with some too I'm sure. Steven probably would have slept with a goat in the mid 70's if it had drugs and was willing to share.

I was there when they were good in the in the studio but not live. Then years later I heard them outdoors playing Janie's Got A Gun, the dynamics shook the stadium, the bass drum sounded like a cannon going off and I though they're back..

Edited by mihcmac

3 minutes ago, mihcmac said:

I was there when they were good in the in the studio but not live. Then I heard them outdoors playing Janie's Got A Gun, the dynamics shook the stadium, the bass drum sounded like a cannon going off and I though they're back..

Now the bass drum will be played by a stand in.

10 minutes ago, rct said:

I'm glad somebody laughed.  Kinda, well, yeah, nippin after the green fairy here before dinner, didn't want to be in some post hallucinogenic mental breakdown of bad comedy.

rct

Damn I want some. I'm doing sober January, but I bought a bottle of Glenmorangie in anticipation of next Saturday when its February.

First off you'll pass out before you get any hallucinogenic affects from Absinthe. You need to drink about as much as it takes to get an elephant drunk before it happens. Its just an old wives tale. It ain't for wussy though.

When absinthe — also known as the Green Fairy — was banned in France, Switzerland, the United States and many other countries in the early 1900s, it had become associated with illicit behavior. In fact, it was accused of turning children into criminals, encouraging loose morals and inspiring murders. That regular old alcohol received similar treatment during the Prohibition period in the United States turns out to be pretty apropos: We now know that properly manufactured absinthe — an anise-flavored, alcoholic drink — is no more dangerous than any other properly prepared liquor.

What about the tales of hallucinations, Oscar Wilde and his tulips, family massacres and instant death? Not absinthe's fault, technically speaking. Absinthe does have a very high alcohol content — anywhere between 55 and 75 percent alcohol by volume, which equates to about 110 to 144 proof. It makes whiskey's standard 40 percent (80 proof) seem like child's play, which is why absinthe is supposed to be diluted. Absinthe is not a hallucinogen; rather its alcohol content and herbal flavor set it apart from other liquors.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

5 minutes ago, rct said:

I'm glad somebody laughed.  Kinda, well, yeah, nippin after the green fairy here before dinner, didn't want to be in some post hallucinogenic mental breakdown of bad comedy.

rct

Good Good comedy.. I have to go Jam now..

5 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Damn I want some. I'm doing sober January, but I bought a bottle of Glenmorangie in anticipation of next Saturday when its February.

First off you'll pass out before you get any hallucinogenic affects from Absinthe. You need to drink about as much as it takes to get an elephant drunk before it happens. Its just an old wives tale. It ain't for wussy though.

I know, right?  It was a really successful campaign that got it the bad rep and the ban it suffered right on up to 2007 here.  It's good stuff, if you get the good stuff.  There's a great Absinthe bar at The Stanley Hotel in Estes Park Colorado, right at the bottom of Rocky Mountain National Park.   Saw quite a few ghosts in that place after an evening at the A bar.   There's also a good one in Disney World, at AbraCadaBar on the Boarwalk there.  It isn't an actual A bar like at Stanely, but they have some good ones and they pour them right.

rct

14 hours ago, rct said:

I know, right?  It was a really successful campaign that got it the bad rep and the ban it suffered right on up to 2007 here.  It's good stuff, if you get the good stuff.  There's a great Absinthe bar at The Stanley Hotel in Estes Park Colorado, right at the bottom of Rocky Mountain National Park.   Saw quite a few ghosts in that place after an evening at the A bar.   There's also a good one in Disney World, at AbraCadaBar on the Boarwalk there.  It isn't an actual A bar like at Stanely, but they have some good ones and they pour them right.

rct

I drank real Absinthe in Switzerland in 2007. I have been drinking it since a few years before that (the fake non wormwood stuff). We can get it with wormwood in the ABC stores in VA for the past few years.

Pouring it is easy. Sugar cube, Absinthe, water, Spoon with holes ( I have a few Absinthe spoons from buying bottles of it and sometimes they come with one).

bgJtJlc.jpg

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

19 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

When absinthe — also known as the Green Fairy — was banned in France, Switzerland, the United States and many other countries in the early 1900s, it had become associated with illicit behavior. In fact, it was accused of turning children into criminals, encouraging loose morals and inspiring murders. That regular old alcohol received similar treatment during the Prohibition period in the United States turns out to be pretty apropos: We now know that properly manufactured absinthe — an anise-flavored, alcoholic drink — is no more dangerous than any other properly prepared liquor.

What about the tales of hallucinations, Oscar Wilde and his tulips, family massacres and instant death? Not absinthe's fault, technically speaking. Absinthe does have a very high alcohol content — anywhere between 55 and 75 percent alcohol by volume, which equates to about 110 to 144 proof. It makes whiskey's standard 40 percent (80 proof) seem like child's play, which is why absinthe is supposed to be diluted. Absinthe is not a hallucinogen; rather its alcohol content and herbal flavor set it apart from other liquors.

You ain’t tried nothing until you sip Tiny Skunkwaters corn liquor.  Easy 180 proof. It could get a mule to win the Kentucky Derby

5 minutes ago, Navy Vet. said:

You ain’t tried nothing until you sip Tiny Skunkwaters corn liquor.  Easy 180 proof. It could get a mule to win the Kentucky Derby

I've had real shine made in West Virginia.  Not that commercial stuff from the store.

25 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

I've had real shine made in West Virginia.  Not that commercial stuff from the store.

I got a jar from Tiny some years ago. Tiny would put rock candy in the jars of his shine. I looked at a jar and it looked like fine strings stuck to the bottom  and rising up to the top. I asked Tiny what’s in this shine. He said oh it’s just the rock candy. I said it doesn’t look like candy. Tiny said that’s a sign the liquor has cured. I said,  Tiny folks cure meat, I ain’t never heard of anyone curing liquor. Tiny looked at me and said, well if you sip this shine it I’ll cure whatever is a Illinig you. 

I saw the Joe Perry Project live at the Keystone Berkeley shortly after he left Aersomith,  sitting right by the stage 10 feet from him.  I was not sure what to expect, but he was great.   He had the same custom Aersomith amps shown in the pictures of Live Bootleg.  Then I saw him again a few years later in 1984 on the 'Back In The Saddle Tour' when Aerosmith reformed -- only the early stuff ... nice!  He had different amps at that show.  Aersomith had a reputation of being a bad live band ... not that night.  They were ridiculously good.  In fact, every time I have seen them, they have been excellent.  

c8bfa7dea68e431e87bd3cab9779283a.webp#c8

7 hours ago, 01GT eibach said:

I saw the Joe Perry Project live at the Keystone Berkeley shortly after he left Aersomith,  sitting right by the stage 10 feet from him.  I was not sure what to expect, but he was great.   He had the same custom Aersomith amps shown in the pictures of Live Bootleg.  Then I saw him again a few years later in 1984 on the 'Back In The Saddle Tour' when Aerosmith reformed -- only the early stuff ... nice!  He had different amps at that show.  Aersomith had a reputation of being a bad live band ... not that night.  They were ridiculously good.  In fact, every time I have seen them, they have been excellent.  

c8bfa7dea68e431e87bd3cab9779283a.webp#c8

I never got to go the Keystone. I was too young .  Grew up in San Hole (Jose). Then 7 days after tuning 21, I went to Navy bootcamp and  then went to Japan.  I have seen shows all over the Bay Area. Concord Pavilion, USB Greek Theater, The Moo Palace, and all the other big arena's. After the Navy I finally got to to to some clubs then joined the Coast Guard and when to Hawaii, Puerto Rico and now I'm sponging a retirement check in VA (where I retired from the USCG).

Love that bad @ss BC Rich

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

5 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

... Grew up in San Hole (Jose). Then 7 days after tuning 21, I went to Navy bootcamp and  then went to Japan.  I have seen shows all over the Bay Area. Concord Pavilion, USB Greek Theater, The Moo Palace, and all the other big arenas. 

I was a Marin County brat ... so maybe then our rock-and-roll paths crossed at some point?  I went Navy, too.  I did 6 years as a Navy Nuke Officer on subs.  I couldn't stay in after the JO tour to get even close to retirement.  So, good for you, my bro!

300px-USS_Alaska_(SSBN-732).jpg