Gibson Brands Forums

CRaZy tIMEs INdEEd

brad1

2 minutes ago, brad1 said:

Now I hear talk of possibly closing down all the schools for the rest of the school year. 

WOW! So I may not work again for 5 months. 

This is really weird 

Wow. Like I posted before NASA is concerned about my health cause a model test of a rocket going to one of the moons of Saturn that will not even launch for probably 4 to 5 years is more important. 

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Wow. Like I posted before NASA is concerned about my health cause a model test of a rocket going to one of the moons of Saturn that will not even launch for probably 4 to 5 years is more important. 

That is scary.  

1 minute ago, brad1 said:

That is scary.  

Gotta be in at 5pm.  I'm on nights when we test. Its me and one other guy monitoring a screen that shows us the temperature of the heaters in the tunnel.  I get shift differential, but not in the mood to get sick for a little OT and and extra $1.30 and hour.

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, badbluesplayer said:

I wish we had levels where I work.

I was just got to work and was told to come in early. We are waiting to find out if this facility is shutting down. We are supposed to know by the end of the day. If I have to come in tomorrow or not.

2 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

I was just got to work and was told to come in early. We are waiting to find out if this facility is shutting down. We are supposed to know by the end of the day. If I have to come in tomorrow or not.

sitting at my desk with zero work to do. Eerie. No one is coming in. Things are changing exponentially very rapidly.

• Like 1

It's times like this that I'm glad I am a musician.   Music is a big help for me right now. 

And since I have the time, I will be spending a lot of that time playing, writing, playing, recording, and playing. 

Edited by brad1

Like all of you, things are borderline crazy in the Southeastern U.S. where I am. Same story with the stores and all else. As a working musician, my income has disappeared...cancelled shows and lessons. I'll certainly have time to practice which is always a plus! I will keep you all in my prayers and I hope that we all make it to the other side of this mess.

• Like 2

Lost the end of March gig, all of April and May.  Drummer is trauma nurse, operating room stuff, so we have to use his schedule because of the state of emergency his hours are all fluxored up.   Weird.

rct

Going in for 8 today. I am an electrician and we are shutting down our electrical gear for the wind tunnel and teleworking after that till the zombies subside. How can I twist wires together from home? Authorized to bring my work computer home as I have to stick my CAC Card (Common Access Card) in a slot to read the chip to log on, just like when I was in The Coast Guard.

1 minute ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Going in for 8 today. I am an electrician and we are shutting down our electrical gear for the wind tunnel and teleworking after that till the zombies subside. How can I twist wires together from home? Authorized to bring my work computer home as I have to stick my CAC Card (Common Access Card) in a slot to read the chip to log on, just like when I was in The Coast Guard.

Sliding that card across the counter, just before I walked out the door to drive home for the last time, was one of the best feelings of my life.

rct

2 minutes ago, rct said:

Sliding that card across the counter, just before I walked out the door to drive home for the last time, was one of the best feelings of my life.

rct

I'm gonna be there one day. I did it the day I retired from the USCG (then I got a blue one with commissary and exchange access for life) and it took me a few years to get a job that need another one. They even  gave ME a secret clearance. A 40 something year old wind tunnel that you can go to wiki and look up anything about it online. Silly.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

I work for a large health care system in urgent care.  Front lines for this crisis.  We had an outbreak at a local facility.  Paradoxically, patient volumes are down.   That's good news, people are getting the message and staying home.  Now that testing is more available and widespread, the numbers are going to climb fast just because more people are being tested.  One of the problems is that most Covid-19 infections are mild so people don't seek care or testing which is fine, but it tends to give misleading information on mortality (death rate) because we only have actual test positive cases in the denominator.  When they calculate mortality for Influenza, they use complex computer models to estimate the total number of cases so you can't really compare the two rates.  The actual numbers of Covid-19 infections are probably at least 10 times greater than the positive test cases.

Anyway, the social and business shut downs should help stop the spread.  I think that most of this is way overblown.  If all sick people would just stay home that would probably be enough. 

In China, they are not reporting any new cases in Wuhan, that's very good news, if true.

3 minutes ago, Black Dog said:

In China, they are not reporting any new cases in Wuhan, that's very good news, if true.

The commies would never lie. Ask Jib Jung Woo or what ever the N. Korean dictators name is. Every word from his mouth is the truth.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

When I was his age it was a different disease, but I remember how powerful I was.  Nothing was going to stop us, and nothing is going to stop him.  I am happy for the short time he will feel like this and I hope he is as lucky as I was through my young 20's.

rct

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rct said:

...nothing is going to stop him.  I am happy for the short time he will feel like this and I hope he is as lucky as I was....

Not me.  Guys like him are potentially putting others at risk.  He ought to be slapped upside the head.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, labomba said:

Cool

We are still waiting for the official written word from the legal eagles, but it should come any time now, then no work till they tell up to come back. Man I wanted to eat crab legs till I pop.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

26 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

We are still waiting for the official written word from the legal eagles, but it should come any time now, then no work till they tell up to come back. Man I wanted to eat crab legs till I pop.

Funny but we ordered some frozen seafood from Costco with alaskan crab legs. Only thing available on their website. Grocery stores are shelf empty here.

49 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Lol. They might be hard to come by. All the all you can eat joints are closed. But they might still have curbside pickup. That’d be a b!tch bein at the beach with no seafood. You could always use my fishing rods. Lol