Gibson Brands Forums

CRaZy tIMEs INdEEd

brad1

2 hours ago, ksdaddy said:

Saturday we were in a whiteout and got rear ended. Totaled my Impala. 

This morning my Jack Russell Terrier (Dobby) passed away.

I suspect I will get Coronavirus within the next couple days.

Damn the luck. Sorry about Dobby. I love dogs and cats. And sometimes people.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ksdaddy said:

Commiserations and condolences.

We had Jack Russells when I was a kid - tough little dogs. 

They say we are now entering a fast-infection phase with the peak sometime in "early summer".   Latest in UK is that everyone over 70 and/or with serious med conditions now asked to stay at home,  everyone else work from home if possible, avoid all non-essential social contact, public advised not to go to pubs, restaurants, theatres etc....but as the authorities have not ordered them to close, they can't claim on insurance.   No support for the businesses or their staff.

Everyone is working to a worst case scenario and that's as it should be...better late than never.  

I am panic-buying a guitar.  Sensible.  I'm 65; atrial fibrillation, used to smoke - if I'm going to contract a life-threatening disease sometime in the next 3 months, I better enjoy myself.

Should get that in about 2 wks if all goes to plan.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, jdgm said:

They say we are now entering a fast-infection phase with the peak sometime in "early summer".   Latest in UK is that everyone over 70 and/or with serious med conditions now asked to stay at home,  everyone else work from home if possible, avoid all non-essential social contact, public advised not to go to pubs, restaurants, theatres etc....but as the authorities have not ordered them to close, they can't claim on insurance.   No support for the businesses or their staff.

Everyone is working to a worst case scenario and that's as it should be...better late than never.  

I am panic-buying a guitar.  Sensible.  I'm 65; atrial fibrillation, used to smoke - if I'm going to contract a life-threatening disease sometime in the next 3 months, I better enjoy myself.

Should get that in about 2 wks if all goes to plan.

What.. The virus or a guitar??

😛 

20 minutes ago, Rabs said:

What.. The virus or a guitar??

😛 

Argh....very good!!  To clarify.....the latter only I hope [scared]

Then I'll be ready for extended self-isolation and the blues🎸

Edited by jdgm

10 minutes ago, Mutha said:

In the next couple of days,  the Irish will be sober.

May God help ye all.

Got my corned beef and cabbage today and a 4 pack of Guinness and a bottle of Irish Whiskey .  Making it tomorrow.  I'm not Irish, but tomorrow I am. 

Exactly what day do the Irish stop drinking? Does it end in Y? Nope.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

It's about the same here as all you said. Most everything shut down, everything wiped off all the shelves in grocery stores. Cosco did have a lot of stuff but it was crowded with people going out with carts full. No TP. People are now using paper towels instead I guess as we saw carts full of paper towels headed out to the parking lot. Schools, universities all shut down, Most business, closed, employees at many working from home.  they have a no more than 10 people gathering here in places. Churches closed. Restaurants are now delivering food to homes to make money. Just crazy here in Nebraska to. I don't expect this to end for awhile either. It will get worse before it gets better.

Yeah, similar here...  Workshop is still open at the moment but just to members. My boss reckons it will be shut by the end of the week.. Self employed so no money...

My boss was also telling me about a good friend of his who organises concerts and public events.. All been canceled for the next six months and he was asking if there was any work available.. My friend has bronchitis as well so has self isolated.. If he were to get this flu it would be bad. And another friend of mine whos wife is due in about a month is doing the same, luckily he can work from home.

Then theres the over 70s thing. My mum is almost 80, if me and my sister happen to get sick at the same time she will be left on her own. As such I may not go back to work now till this starts to settle down a bit.. The next few weeks I reckon will be important ones over here.

Stay safe (well as you can) everyone..

Edited by Rabs

19 minutes ago, Rabs said:

Yeah, similar here...  Workshop is still open at the moment but just to members. My boss reckons it will be shut by the end of the week.. Self employed so no money...

My boss was also telling me about a good friend of his who organises concerts and public events.. All been canceled for the next six months and he was asking if there was any work available.. My friend has bronchitis as well so has self isolated.. If he were to get this flu it would be bad. And another friend of mine whos wife is due in about a month is doing the same, luckily he can work from home.

Then theres the over 70s thing. My mum is almost 80, if me and my sister happen to get sick at the same time she will be left on her own. As such I may not go back to work now till this starts to settle down a bit.. The next few weeks I reckon will be important ones over here.

Stay safe (well as you can) everyone..

My Mom is 83 and lives alone 280 miles away from me.  I am very worried about her as well. 

12 hours ago, ksdaddy said:

Hope things get better for you bro. 🤞

Morning 1 working from home, and kids home from school...  didn't have to take time to make lunches, get cleaned up etc - so w/ the extra 45 minutes I had I did a couple run throughs of 'rock and roll aint noise pollution' and 'minnie the moocher'  - stay healthy folks and hopefully eeek out a little more guitar time during this period

• Like 1

Went to the gas and go this morning and the line at the register wasn’t too bad and the dude in front of said you can get in front me sir, i know you really worried about your health and crowds and all with all the virus stuff happening so the 3 people that were on line let me get in front of them. I said that’s awfully nice of you’s worried about others health and all so i got my 2 packs of cigarettes and left.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, ksdaddy said:

That sucks KSDaddy,   I hope you stay well,   I sending prayers and best wishes.

Just returned from the grocery store. There is even less stuff there than when I was there on Saturday.

They were out of butter, bread, all kinds of stuff.  No paper products at all. I wanted to make some spaghetti tonight. But they have no spaghetti pasta at all! 

And I just now saw that there are a$$holes on ebay selling rolls of toilet paper for $7 each. They even have 1 square for 99 cents !!!!  That should be criminal!

This has been a real learning experience for me. 

I never knew that toilet paper was as important as water.

And that people can act so damn nuts when they listen to the talking heads on TV.

Things are pretty miserable today my wife's business looks like it will close indefinitely because she deals with kids and there are 2 cases of virus in schools there and kids are turning out to be carriers. I have no PACS at home so I have to go into work and be around coughing patients. I am trying like the dickens to reduce risk by washing hands etc. Picked a bad time to stop drinking which I may give up if I am weak.

In all of this, I am trying to maintain a sense of humor. With that in mind, I give you these.

WAc3MjL.jpg

cupvnEB.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Tman said:

........Picked a bad time to stop drinking which I may give up if I am weak.....

No.

You picked the best time which is - now.  It is always NOW.

What you are doing (by not doing) is a hard thing to sustain.  It becomes a battle fought daily, entirely within.  Easy to slip. No-one is superhuman and perfect.

I admire your determination, your realisation that you must act, your courage in sharing it with us.

What if you do start again?  It is completely understandable and forgivable.

And if you think the end is nigh......but it's not. Yet.

👍

My very best wishes to you Tman.

3 minutes ago, jdgm said:

No.

You picked the best time which is - now.  It is always NOW.

What you are doing (by not doing) is a hard thing to sustain.  It becomes a battle fought daily, entirely within.  Easy to slip. No-one is superhuman and perfect.

I admire your determination, your realisation that you must act, your courage in sharing it with us.

What if you do start again?  It is completely understandable and forgivable.

And if you think the end is nigh......but it's not. Yet.

👍

My very best wishes to you Tman.

You sir are my inspiration, thank you! Dammit I will keep it up. My main goal was to lose weight. I've lost 6 pounds in just over 2 weeks. Pretty hard to do at my age.

Very best to you and to everyone on this forum. It is definitely a place of refuge for me, especially in this insane time. I honestly feel like we're in a sci fi movie.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Tman said:

You sir are my inspiration, thank you! Dammit I will keep it up. My main goal was to lose weight. I've lost 6 pounds in just over 2 weeks. Pretty hard to do at my age.

Very best to you and to everyone on this forum. It is definitely a place of refuge for me, especially in this insane time. I honestly feel like we're in a sci fi movie.

We just went to Level 3 at NASA Langley.  In the Wind Tunnel I work at we have an active test going on and we are considered mission-critical and I'm considered essential personnel, wow don't I feel important. I believe Level 4 we have to go home it's coming.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper