Gibson Brands Forums

Should people be allowed to edit their posts? (Tinypic Closed)

dava4444

Hi fellow forum members 🙂

Tiny Pics closed.. a little while ago now.. I for one had a load of pics and used that site for all my forums.. my past posts.. (I'm particularly thinking of this one: 

Have their pictures missing.. hence wondering about editing..

Wishing I could re-up using my blogger as host..

Dava

Dava, 

I don't believe that the missing photos are a matter of editing. 
From all I see, the photo links to your original photo-sharing website expired. 

Happens all the time, mate. 

I can go back into any number of my postings on this Gibson forum (or tdpri, My Les Paul forum, axecentral, etc) and find the same thing. 
The text remains, but the photos are gone because either the photo sharing website went under, or their sharing protocols eliminated all old links after six months. 

It's a matter of bandwidth for those website, particularly if you aren't a paying subscriber. 
(I never paid a dime to dropshots or imgur or any of those guys. It's understandable if they clean house every now and then.)

😐

Edited by sparquelito

Ah, okay. 
I'm slow on the up-take, I reckon. 

I see what the problem is;

Dava, you were wishing to edit your old posts (because of the expired photo links), but found that the standard  three options (Quote, Edit, and Options) had been replaced with just Quote and Options. 

Apparently,  this Gibson Forums website allows each poster to edit their own comments for a period of time (allowing for the noticing of misspellings, or regrets over content), but after a few weeks, your content become un-editable. 

I guess I can understand that. 

Maybe one of the Moderators or Admins can help you to edit those old threads, and to post fresh photos. 

🙂

1 hour ago, merciful-evans said:

You can edit posts.

At the bottom there's

quote - edit - options (delete)

Hi guys

I don't get that option on that thread (but get it on this one)

cant+edit+gibson+forum.PNG

8 minutes ago, sparquelito said:

Dava, 

I don't believe that the missing photos are a matter of editing. 
From all I see, the photo links to your original photo-sharing website expired. 

Happens all the time, mate. 

I can go back into any number of my postings on this Gibson forum (or tdpri, My Les Paul forum, axecentral, etc) and find the same thing. 
The text remains, but the photos are gone because either the photo sharing website went under, or their sharing protocols eliminated all old links after six months. 

It's a matter of bandwidth for those website, particularly if you aren't a paying subscriber. 
(I never paid a dime to dropshots or imgur or any of those guys. It's understandable if they clean house every now and then.)

😐

Hey Spar.. I assure you man.. kindly, its because TinyPic is closed. I have been hosting my own pics for forums for around a year now.. the above post is the top hit on google for the discoverer bass.. soo

Ah! just seen your new post.. yeah spot on! you get me now!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, mihcmac said:

Last dance with Mary Jane one more time to kill the pain...

Fun Fact:  It was Last Dance with Mary Anne.  Producer changed it, thought it cool.  Thomas did not want to, took a while to convince him.

rct

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, rct said:

Fun Fact:  It was Last Dance with Mary Anne.  Producer changed it, thought it cool.  Thomas did not want to, took a while to convince him.

rct

It does make more sense with the rest of the song if Mary is a person.. Even the next phrase doesn't have to rhyme.

3 hours ago, rct said:

lolz.  Lyrics were as they are, "Anne" and "pain" are close enough for Dylan I guess.

rct

If you look at the structure of the rest of the song,  Anne or Jane are at the end of a non rhyming phrase ... anyway either way it still seems to work..

A song about a an attractive young. woman on the move...

Edited by mihcmac

I'll be happy to edit anyone's post. You can email me the link to the thread or give me the subject line or whatever. Doesn't matter how, just as long as you convey what you'd like done.

Something else to consider with tinypic and similar. I've had photos in the past that were assigned a URL and I would use that to insert it into a post. Then if I were to delete that pic from tinypic (for example), tinypic would then reassign that same URL to someone ELSE'S pic. And now THEIR pic shows up. Could be embarrassing.

Feel free to email me directly at ksdaddy@yahoo.com or PM me through the forum. Either way, give me the details of what you want fixed or deleted and I will do it.

S

• Like 1