Gibson Brands Forums

Forever Autumn

IanHenry

Thank you, always enjoy Justin Hayward doing any song, but particularly that one ..... and now that performance.  Moody Blues fan since it all began.

edit:  The wheel keeps on turning for sure (rt).  Justin, still has his voice.   J.H. was my inspiration for the purchase of my first 335 which I still own today.  That song really hit home this morning as I have just lost my life's partner, and she was as big a Moody Blues fan as I.  

Edited by Hall
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Hall said:That song really hit home this morning as I have just lost my life's partner, and she was as big a Moody Blues fan as I.  

Truly sorry to hear about your loss.  Life does keep moving-on!  .......Songs like this one make us reflect on life.  I find this kind of music far more rewarding and inspirational than music that amounts to little more than loud noise and or mundane and predictable lyrics about girls in  tight shorts and pickup trucks.....Again, sorry for your loss.  Honor her and keep pushing forward.

Showing my age but I still have "In Search Of The Lost Chord" which was and still is a great record.

They were a bloody good live band too, back in the day: I was fortunate enough to see them a couple of times.   They regularly blew off bigger names as they were so well rehearsed and (I think) all of them sang.

4 hours ago, Hall said:

That song really hit home this morning as I have just lost my life's partner, and she was as big a Moody Blues fan as I.  

Sorry to hear of your loss Hall, I just hope the song brings back good memory's.

Regards,

Ian

p.s  Forever Autumn is just one of a number of songs from a series that JH  has uploaded from that concert, they are well worth checking out.

Edited by IanHenry

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 9/23/2020 at 9:34 AM, Hall said:

Thank you, always enjoy Justin Hayward doing any song, but particularly that one ..... and now that performance.  Moody Blues fan since it all began.

edit:  The wheel keeps on turning for sure (rt).  Justin, still has his voice.   J.H. was my inspiration for the purchase of my first 335 which I still own today.  That song really hit home this morning as I have just lost my life's partner, and she was as big a Moody Blues fan as I.  

So sorry to hear this Hall.  Prayers and best wishes for you and your family at this time.   I listened to Moody Blues all the time and loved all their songs.