Gibson Brands Forums

Anticipation

SteveFord

The IAF uses Hide Glue that has had the lid Hide Glued on to the Hide Glue can.  In order to Hide Glue your guitar they had to steam open the Hide Glue and Hide Glue the lid back on after each use.  That accounts for a lot of the high price of those things.

rct

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, rct said:

The IAF uses Hide Glue that has had the lid Hide Glued on to the Hide Glue can.  In order to Hide Glue your guitar they had to steam open the Hide Glue and Hide Glue the lid back on after each use.  That accounts for a lot of the high price of those things.

rct

Nope they are using dinosaur glue. So rare it is only used on models that cost 10k+.

3 hours ago, SteveFord said:

That explains the price tag.

I was thinking that's an awful lot for a guitar with a modified golf club bag that says Gibson on it. 

Steamed Stegosauras Hot Hide Glue when only the best will do.

This really will be IAF!

Marauder?

• Like 1

I'm waiting for the IAF Custom prototype, not the WTF Reverse V although if I came across one with a sweet Richlite fret board I suppose I could mount a Bigsby on upside down...

Glad to hear somebody's wife is pulling for me.  I'm hoping mine is occupied elsewhere when the truck shows up.  She can find all the guitars when I kick the bucket.  Won't that be a surprise!

• Like 1