Gibson Brands Forums

Is this Debussy, or Tetris?

sparquelito

2 hours ago, Fish Crumpet said:

That's Debussy (it says so).  What's a Tetris?  

Sounds better on a Bosendorfer with a better pianist.

Tetris is a classic video game where you have to stack these pieces that fall from the top of the screen. Like the ones here above the guys fingers as he plays. Seems more to me like Piano Hero [cool]

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, saturn said:

Tetris is a classic video game where you have to stack these pieces that fall from the top of the screen. Like the ones here above the guys fingers as he plays. Seems more to me like Piano Hero [cool]

Which also had annoyingly catchy midi music  🙂 

I have always loved Clair de Lun by Claude Debussy. 

My favorite recording was on an old LP (that I still have around here somewhere, I think) by Arthur Fiedler and the Boston Pops Orchestra. 
Just gorgeous. 

Ironically, though I used to watch from afar as my friends played those arcade games like Tetris and Pac Mac, I never played them. 
Was too afraid of embarrassing myself. 

I've never once played a video game or computer game either. 

😕

If you think this is Tetris, someone did the whole “Tetris” piano mess with Chopin’s etude op.10 no.4. That piece took me a while to learn and nearly caused my right hand to become injured from using it wrong when doing the stretches that reach well over an octave at various moments. This is why they say get a teacher and have them tell you what you’re doing wrong to avoid making mistakes that can even be physically detrimental. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, kidblast said:

Clarie de Lune is a beautiful piece of music.  (And yes, it's Debussy) as an aspiring pianist, its also VERY hard to play..  

How about on guitar?  I posted this clip a couple of years ago, superb playing and interpretation IMO:

Edited by jdgm
  • Like 1