Gibson Brands Forums

Do you Name your Guitars?

pumpkin

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I only call my guitar names when I break a string or such...

:-)

Yeah, lotsa guys do.

I named a few of mine that have something substantial behind the idea.

My '93 Strat is Carolyn, I bought it just before she was born and it will be hers someday.

Nope call them by year or color for example the faded honeyburst, The 77 Black Beauty, the 71 recording, the Brockburst R9, etc, etc, it could be that I have no imagination, or maybe it's because I have over 50 guitars.

Who knows Ill go ask the wife and kid when they get back from walking the dog...

Over 50?

Damn!

That IS an obsession!

I need to swing buy your place and check 'em out....

Seriously, I'll be in town Mon, Tue, Wed - I'll buy you lunch.

Yeah, like you I simply call 'em what they are.

Ash Strat, Rickenbacker, Starfire 3, Goldtop, etc.

Actually, I like this topic (even if discussed a lot), as it makes it a bit more personal.

The first guitar I ever got was given to me by my mom when I was 10. It's a 1965 Gibson LG-1 (acoustic) that my mom's best friend at the time bought new in 1965, and then sold to my mom in 1968. While I never named it as a kid (or really any other guitar as a kid), as I grew older I though about giving her a name. My first thought was to name it after my mom, but something seems kind of weird about that, so I named it after the woman who sold it to my mom - her name, as well as the name of that guitar, is Genie (which is very appropriate because it has a very magical sound!)

I named my Stratocaster, Erica ... basically named after Eric Clapton.

I haven't named my current LP, nor have I named any others I've had over the years. I've just always referred to them as "baby" ... as in "here we go, baby!" ...

it was a simple question from someone who has never been on a guitar forum before. *i* did not know the answer, so i asked. it is very simple IMO to A: ignore questions by new users that have been asked before or B: to be kind and humor them by answering.

you chose to reply by stating it was the most commonly asked question which can only be construed as discourteous.

Pay the mini troll no mind .

now the first reply by demoon was uncalled for, this however is just ugly.

so as i said, thanks to everyone who took the time to answer my silly little question.

it was a simple question from someone who has never been on a guitar forum before. *i* did not know the answer' date=' so i asked. it is very simple IMO to A: ignore questions by new users that have been asked before or B: to be kind and humor them by answering.

you chose to reply by stating it was the most commonly asked question which can only be construed as discourteous.

now the first reply by demoon was uncalled for, this however is just ugly.

so as i said, thanks to everyone who took the time to answer my silly little question. [/quote']

Pumpkin, I think you took what Axe said out of context. He's (and I'm sure he'll correct me if wrong) agreeing with you that it's a good topic to have and just simply suggested not paying attention to the other comment that was made. No reason to get bent out of shape ... people are responding and like it :-({|=

ohhhhhh! thank you! im sorry Axe. i thought you were calling ME a troll.

In now way was I referring to you. A new member with a nice attitude and legitimate questions and concerns are always welcome.:-({|=

Archived