Gibson Brands Forums

SJ-200 when are they shipping to the UK

Andy Haigh

Hi all,

I have just purchased/orderd a SJ-200 but all the guitar online stores in the UK are Deposit only,

Would anyone from Gibson acoustic have an idea when the next juicy shipping container to the UK could be or how far behind are they with their orders in Boseman.

Yeh OK, I am being impatient here,  but am totally buzzed to be hopefully owning one.

Thanks

Andy

7 hours ago, Andy Haigh said:

Hi all,

I have just purchased/orderd a SJ-200 but all the guitar online stores in the UK are Deposit only,

Would anyone from Gibson acoustic have an idea when the next juicy shipping container to the UK could be or how far behind are they with their orders in Boseman.

Yeh OK, I am being impatient here,  but am totally buzzed to be hopefully owning one.

Thanks

Andy

Gibson employees don’t post here as far as I know. Its  just the forum riff raff. Might be a while before it gets there. No one wants to go to work in the USA anymore as most want to hide in the corner and hide from CV19, so delivery’s might be delayed a bit.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

9 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Gibson employees don’t post here as far as I know. Its  just the forum riff raff. Might be a while before it gets there. No one wants to go to work in the USA anymore as most want to hide in the corner and hide from CV19, so delivery’s might be delayed a bit.

Eloquent- as always.

12 minutes ago, olie said:

Eloquent- as always.

I guess some have missed the world is in sort of this pandemic thing and everything from shipping and trucking to even gettin chicken is way behind schedule. Oh if you haven’t heard your T-giving turkeys are gonna be more expensive to. But my mask is on so I’m safe.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

18 hours ago, Andy Haigh said:

Hi all,

Thanks

Andy

I'm just spitballing here, but wouldn't you get better and more authoritative information by inquiring directly either to Gibson or the dealer from who you purchased the guitar, rather than getting conjecture and opinions from laymen on this site?

RBSinTo

14 minutes ago, RBSinTo said:

I'm just spitballing here, but wouldn't you get better and more authoritative information by inquiring directly either to Gibson or the dealer from who you purchased the guitar, rather than getting conjecture and opinions from laymen on this site?

RBSinTo

Nope, it’s us forum members that know Gibsons inner workings better than the company itself.

Who invited you to the party?

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

19 hours ago, Andy Haigh said:

Hi all,

Thanks

Andy

When I spoke with Gibson CS late this past Spring, he told me that it was looking like the SJ-200 would not be available until lat October at the earliest. Some of the US online retailers showed order now with dates as far back as December. If that wait is the same, it could be a while. The other possibility is that we start seeing steady trickles of these hitting sites as those orders are filled and production slowly catches back up.

We see hints of production ramping up on other models, so maybe there's hope? eg - Wildwood got them a boat load of Hummingbird Original Series in the past week or two.  Maybe SJ-200's will follow or maybe not? I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. Not having one is anxious state of being. 🙂  

And welcome to the forum.

Edited by BoSoxBiker

2 hours ago, rct said:

Too big.  I look like I'm in Game of Thrones, sword fighting The Hound with that thing in front of me.

rct

They are. I played one in Carter’s in 2017. It was an ‘05. The Guild I owned was that size.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

15 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

I played one ages ago. What t-urds those things are.

I had one on one of my boats before I got my carbon fiber boat guitar.

The Backpacker was suited for what it was meant to do, and nothing more.

Mine is still in perfect shape, in case anyone is interested in one.  Just don't expect it to play and sound like a full-size Martin, or a full-size much of anything else for that matter.

On the plus side, it got me back into playing guitar after years of not touching one, so it was definitely useful at the time.

8 minutes ago, j45nick said:

I had one on one of my boats before I got my carbon fiber boat guitar.

The Backpacker was suited for what it was meant to do, and nothing more.

Mine is still in perfect shape, in case anyone is interested in one.  Just don't expect it to play and sound like a full-size Martin, or a full-size much of anything else for that matter.

On the plus side, it got me back into playing guitar after years of not touching one, so it was definitely useful at the time.

Your last sentence of the first paragraph says it all.

I ordered my Custom Shop Historic 1957 SJ-200 in February 2020 just as the pandemic was starting to grip the world - it was delivered to me here in Australia on October 28th - things have not improved since then there is a world wide shortage for new guitars ... and cars!

There is a 10 month waiting list here for the Toyota RAV Hybrid - dealers are so desperate for stock that they are actually  ringing existing owners and offering to buy back their used cars for more than they paid for them.

4 minutes ago, Brucebubs said:

I ordered my Custom Shop Historic 1957 SJ-200 in February 2020 just as the pandemic was starting to grip the world - it was delivered to me here in Australia on October 28th - things have not improved since then there is a world wide shortage for new guitars ... and cars!

There is a 10 month waiting list here for the Toyota RAV Hybrid - dealers are so desperate for stock that they are actually  ringing existing owners and offering to buy back their used cars for more than they paid for them.

Same thing is going on here in the US right now.