Gibson Brands Forums

First clip from new Beatles film

Rabs

10 minutes ago, Whitefang said:

I'm gonna have to obtain this on some other medium.  I'm not gonna subscribe to Disney for just the one broadcast.

Whitefang

I just looked and it looks like it is only on D+. I am sure it will be out to buy after it is aired.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, SteveFord said:

Have any of the remaining Mop Tops weighed in on this new release?

I believe Ringo said it was great and I believe Macca is onboard too. 

Its supposed to change everyone's opinion of how the break up went down and how they acted towards each other. Many people think Let It Be was supposed to be the last album, but it was recorded right after The White Album and before Abbey Road. Its the start of the break up not the end of it.

Here is a quote from Ringo: Ringo Starr Says Beatles' Film Get Back Gives a True Portrayal of the Band: 'You Will See the Joy' Ringo Starr is ready for fans of The Beatles to watch Get Back.

Here is what Macca said: “I’ll tell you what is really fabulous about it, it shows the four of us having a ball,” McCartney told The Sunday Times after watching the film

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Farnsbarns said:

I wonder if they'll make movies about other similar bands like, you know, Westlife, The Backstreet Boys and One Direction 🤣.

I'm hoping they do and I'm still hoping for a K-pop 12 part doc on that great type of music. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Farnsbarns said:

I wonder if they'll make movies about other similar bands like, you know, Westlife, The Backstreet Boys and One Direction 🤣.

[omg]  What!

And NOT NSync  and Menudo?   8-[  :rolleyes:  or-----

The NEW KIDS!?!?!  [confused]

Whitefang

13 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

What it comes down to after over 50 years is they just made really good music.

Yes.. But I also agree with what one of the guys in that video said that it was the combination of their voices and their harmonies that really made them...  Even when they were playing the old school standard rock n roll, they had something different about them.

57 minutes ago, Rabs said:

Yes.. But I also agree with what one of the guys in that video said that it was the combination of their voices and their harmonies that really made them...  Even when they were playing the old school standard rock n roll, they had something different about them.

In the 60’s they lead everyone else followed. But it was not just them. Sir George had a big part in the music.

• Like 1