Gibson Brands Forums

I Sued The Sheriff

SteveFord

Bob Marley didn't shoot the deputy.

I got that from a guy named Cheap Charlie at the Straw Mart in Ocho Rios, Jamaica, when I was gigging on a cruise ship.

And it was Marley who shot the sheriff, but he swears it was in self-defense.

- - - - - -

Over the years, I have found a few people illegally selling my Band-in-a-Box styles on the Internet. In each case I explained that I am a musician, trying to make ends meet, and I'd appreciate it if they quit selling my styles. In each case, the styles were taken down off the net.

They may have reappeared under a different name. Who knows?

But I've always thought that a kind, or a kind and businesslike manner, is the first way to approach people you disagree with.

And I repeat. If I were Clapton, I would have bought the bootleg for the asking price.

I read on the 'net (and the Internet never lies) that the grouchy old man syndrome was often due to a lack of testosterone in the male body, which allows estrogen to take over. I guess that makes them B!tchy.

(no offense meant gals - estrogen seems to work for you)

Perhaps ol' Eric needs to visit an endocrinologist. 😉

Notes ♫

Edited by Notes_Norton

Just now, Notes_Norton said:

I read on the 'net (and the Internet never lies) that the grouchy old man syndrome was often due to a lack of testosterone in the male body, which allows estrogen to take over. I guess that makes them B!tchy.

Perhaps ol' Eric needs to visit an endocrinologist. 😉

Notes ♫

I'd rather think of myself as 'grouchy' as opposed to "b!tchy"  (but that's just me).

38 minutes ago, ksdaddy said:

I just deleted a whole bunch of posts. Eric Clapton and his bootleg story has NOTHING to do with COVID. Argue vax somewhere else.

Has that ever happened before?  

Where a thread get's morphed onto another subject?    (said tongue in cheek).

• Haha 1

On 12/25/2021 at 9:40 PM, sparquelito said:

Many recording artists have spoken out against bootlegging, and the theft of intellectual property. 
Some have taken action. 

In my personal opinion, Eric Clapton is being singled out, at this point in time, simply because of his unpopular opinions recently spoken regarding vaccinations and Government. 

Just my opinion. 

🤫

Clapton  talks the talk, but doesn't walk the walk. He is an anti-vaxer, and hates needles, that is why he only snorted heroin in the 70's instead of mainlining it, and yet he himself got a jab in the arm.

In my opinion Clapton was always better when he was in a band and not having only his name up on the marquee.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

On 12/25/2021 at 9:40 PM, sparquelito said:

Many recording artists have spoken out against bootlegging, and the theft of intellectual property. 
Some have taken action. 

In my personal opinion, Eric Clapton is being singled out, at this point in time, simply because of his unpopular opinions recently spoken regarding vaccinations and Government. 

Just my opinion. 

🤫

He's being "singled out" because he's making a mountain out of a molehill and bullying a far less affluent widow over a near 40 year old bootleg of a concert he probably doesn't remember playing at anyway. 

Whitefang

2 hours ago, Whitefang said:

He's being "singled out" because he's making a mountain out of a molehill and bullying a far less affluent widow over a near 40 year old bootleg of a concert he probably doesn't remember playing at anyway. 

Whitefang

did any of you guys read Jdgm's post on page 2 ? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Karloff said:

did any of you guys read Jdgm's post on page 2 ? 

Thank you. 

As an ex-teacher....I'm not going to tell them twice!   [-X It's your own time you're wasting!

Classic social media, eh?   But...Happy New Year to one and all!  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jdgm said:

Thank you. 

As an ex-teacher....I'm not going to tell them twice!   [-X It's your own time you're wasting!

Classic social media, eh?   But...Happy New Year to one and all!  

exactly. it spelled it out ...