Gibson Brands Forums

Who Ya Got Tickets For?

Sgt. Pepper

2 hours ago, kelly campbell said:

Just saw Michael Martin Murphy this past weekend..My wifwe loves him(Wildfir & Whats Forever For).  Then have tickets for Jackson Browne.  zDoobies with McDonald .  Rod Stewart with  Cheap Trick.  Father John Misty.  

Nice. I saw JB in '93, Doobies in '86 (reunion tour, and about 12 Doobies were there), RS in '96, CT in '79 and FJM in '19. Josh Tillman really impressed me live. He had a lot of people in his band. I got tix to see him again in October. Although his new album Chloe And The Next 20th Century didn't wow me like the last two releases.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

10 minutes ago, ghost_of_fl said:

No doubt.  But again, "being an a-hole" is different than "treating women like objects*.   

Your right maybe wrong choice of words, lets just leave it at that. Not sure how many times he or she has/have been arrested.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

31 minutes ago, Ricochet Jack said:

Went to see Buckcherry, with Black Top Mojo and Sumo Cyco last month and have tickets for Anvil, Faster *****cat, and Michael Schenker coming up between June and October.  

I saw Buckcherry open for Kiss about 12 years ago. I saw Mr. Schenker. He was damn goon. He had all the lead singers he played with on his solo albums with him. All night different singers would come out and go away as needed. All night Michael talked s-hit about his brother and mention he is an inferior guitar. 

7 minutes ago, ghost_of_fl said:

Well I can tell you this - one of them was arrested and booked for misdemeanor domestic violence in 2009, and it wasn't Depp.  Not taking sides but the facts are hard to ignore. 

People with $ are not better and many times worse than us regular folks who don't make heaps of money for prancing around like a Pirate, or swimming with Jason Momoa. I hear he is a big fan of Fender Strats.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

1 hour ago, ghost_of_fl said:

Yeah their problems are just amplified.  His guitar playing is so sloppy. 😬 It's good that he has a hobby and had fun with it I guess. 

Its only a hobby, unless you get paid for doing it. I think Henry Ford said something like that.

I think all the bracelets and rings he wears gets in the way of the killer licks he really wants to throw down.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

1 hour ago, Rabs said:

Cheers. But thats not a band I would bother with...  I found them confusing at first... First I didnt like them, then I did but the more I heard the less I liked them, especially the singer. I actually find his voice quite grating now.. When I hear him sing it just sounds like a big baby crying......

We already had a band that sounded like Led - Zeppelin, called Led- Zeppelin, and they made really good music, now we got another that sounds like them and they don't.

Put some shoes on you wanna be hippy. Did you steal the outfit out of Elton's closet?

eM4VQ8j.jpg

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

We already had a band that sounded like Led - Zeppelin, called Led- Zeppelin, and they made really good music, now we got another that sounds like them and they don't.

Put some shoes on you wanna be hippy. Did you steal the outfit out of Elton's closet?

eM4VQ8j.jpg

My wife and I saw them recently and they were quite good. We enjoyed their vibe..... How else is new rocknroll going to survive if us old sour pusses don't support them. So we make the effort to see newer rock bands.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, duane v said:

My wife and I saw them recently and they were quite good. We enjoyed their vibe..... How else is new rocknroll going to survive if us old sour pusses don't support them. So we make the effort to see newer rock bands.

I have to issue with new groups, and will support them, but not the ones I don't like, and GVF, I just don't like their music. Are they an awful group, no, just not my cuppa tea.

5 hours ago, 'Scales said:

Rabs, I think Greta Van Fleet is playing the Ally Pally this month - I'd be checking them out if they came to Oz just to see and hear for myself....

They're really good, you'll enjoy it. We also purchased some Halestorm tickets at the Pacific Amphitheatre September 1. Looking forward to that one. 

13 hours ago, Murph said:

Did you catch these guys?

I love this combo, but their website, and most of the videos, doesn't show the guitar player.

Such a bizarre looking band, but it works.

We may go to ROMP, no other plans. Maybe a trip to Mountain View.

I missed Twisted Pine, but I'm pretty sure I caught them at a previous year. There are so many performers spread over 4 days and 3 stages. Add in the alcohol and weed and it gets hard to recall everyone you saw.   [cool]

• 2 months later...

I don't have tickets, but I'm going to see Jack White tomorrow night in Baltimore.  Guy in our band's son is Jack's manager, so we are meeting at Will Call where he is leaving us tickets for the show. I think the tickets let us go just about anywhere in the venue but back stage. Jerry's son won't be there or else maybe we could have gotten to go back stage. 

Should be interesting. I'm familiar with about 1/2 dozen of his songs. Someone called Cautious Clay is opening.  

Everyone who enters is required to show proof of vax or recent Negative PCR test. Also, any cell phones brought in will need to be placed in some kind of secure pouches where they will be unavailable for use until after the show or when you leave. 

Now come on Sgt Pepper. I know you have some shade to throw on this [cool] 

1 hour ago, saturn said:

I don't have tickets, but I'm going to see Jack White tomorrow night in Baltimore.  Guy in our band's son is Jack's manager, so we are meeting at Will Call where he is leaving us tickets for the show. I think the tickets let us go just about anywhere in the venue but back stage. Jerry's son won't be there or else maybe we could have gotten to go back stage. 

Should be interesting. I'm familiar with about 1/2 dozen of his songs. Someone called Cautious Clay is opening.  

Everyone who enters is required to show proof of vax or recent Negative PCR test. Also, any cell phones brought in will need to be placed in some kind of secure pouches where they will be unavailable for use until after the show or when you leave. 

Now come on Sgt Pepper. I know you have some shade to throw on this [cool] 

I heard a new song off Jack’s new album. What’s The Trick? Man it annoyed me. I just don’t get him. Here in SC people would not be putting up with proof of a vax or having their phone bagged up. 

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

I knew I could count on you. [biggrin] But I thought you were in Norfolk, not SC.  Why did I think that?

Honestly, the only reason I'm going to this show is because I thinks it's kinda cool that a guy I'm in a band with has a connection to a famous musician. And regardless of what his music is like, he is apparently a really cool guy. So I can sit home putzing around my house tomorrow or go see a concert. I'll chose the latter every time. Now just hope I don't get shot driving into Baltimore. [rolleyes]   

1 hour ago, saturn said:

I knew I could count on you. [biggrin] But I thought you were in Norfolk, not SC.  Why did I think that?

Honestly, the only reason I'm going to this show is because I thinks it's kinda cool that a guy I'm in a band with has a connection to a famous musician. And regardless of what his music is like, he is apparently a really cool guy. So I can sit home putzing around my house tomorrow or go see a concert. I'll chose the latter every time. Now just hope I don't get shot driving into Baltimore. [rolleyes]   

I used to be in Newport News, VA. I worked in Norfolk a lot.

Meant to mention this the other day.

But the local PBS station showed CONCERT FOR GEORGE again Mon. night.  Part of a pledge drive.  And one of the incentives was that for a $300 donation you could get a pair of tickets for  Eric Clapton's Detroit concert at the Little Caesar's Arena this Sept. 10th.

I don't know what the price per ticket normally is.

Whitefang

10 minutes ago, Whitefang said:

Meant to mention this the other day.

But the local PBS station showed CONCERT FOR GEORGE again Mon. night.  Part of a pledge drive.  And one of the incentives was that for a $300 donation you could get a pair of tickets for  Eric Clapton's Detroit concert at the Little Caesar's Arena this Sept. 10th.

I don't know what the price per ticket normally is.

Whitefang

Have you seen EC before?  I saw him in Nashville last sept I think.  I have seen him 7 times prior and he has slowed way down, not that it was bad but not as I was used to seeing.  For those who  have seen him do "Layla"  for example there is nothing like the intro, However he is doing the acoustic  version..just not the same energy.  I love acoustic music.  If you have never seen him I would say go, I doubt he tours much more at all.

Edited by kelly campbell
spelling

Saw him twice.  But that was long ago.  Once in late '68 at Detroit's Grande Ballroom with Cream, and the 2nd time with Cream at the old Olympia stadium on the Detroit leg of one of their "farewell" tours.

And this time I can't even spare the 300 bucks.

Whitefang

1 minute ago, Whitefang said:

Saw him twice.  But that was long ago.  Once in late '68 at Detroit's Grande Ballroom with Cream, and the 2nd time with Cream at the old Olympia stadium on the Detroit leg of one of their "farewell" tours.

And this time I can't even spare the 300 bucks.

Whitefang

I think I got cheap seats for around 70 dollars. so I would not pay 300. unless you must be up close.

• Like 1