Gibson Brands Forums

Who Ya Got Tickets For?

Sgt. Pepper

I just got tickets the other day to see Father John Misty in Durham, NC in October. This will be my second time seeing him. I am seeing Jason Isbell next month in Williamsburg, VA. This show has been postponed for the last 2 years. This will be my maybe 9th or 10th time seeing him. I also am taking my wife two days before her birthday to see Ringo and His All Star Band. This will be time #1 for Ringo. I wanted to get tix for Pat Benatar and Neil Giraldo, but they were over what I wanted to pay to see Pat and Neil.  I spent a little more that I wanted to for Ringo, due to its my wife's birthday, and Ringo is her favorite Beatle. And I will probably never go see him again after this. We are in the middle section for Ringo in row R, so row 18? 

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

Jeff Beck at the Royal Albert Hall tomorrow night..  Cant frikken wait.. It will be my first gig since July 2018. I saw him once before with Clapton years ago now and he was just incredible (Jeff Beck that is)..  Clapton was pretty boring in comparison... This gig was meant to happen two years ago..

So yeah.. REALLY looking forward to it though I am slightly anxious using the underground and being at a gig again.. Covid still aint exactly gone away and I am still looking after my mum.. But it is what it is. I am not gonna let it stop me from doing something I love and will take my chances.

• Like 1

I am jealous. Jeff is a f-in guitarist guitarist. That guy has it all.  He deserves every accolade they throw at him. I saw Eric with Winwood in 2009 or 10. Eric as good. He opened with Had To Cry Today. It gave me a little b0ner.

20 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

I am jealous. Jeff is a f-in guitarist guitarist. That guy has it all.  He deserves every accolade they throw at him. I saw Eric with Winwood in 2009 or 10. Eric as good. He opened with Had To Cry Today. It gave me a little b0ner.

Yeah, I am sure it will be great. He is just an incredible player to watch live,.

Apparently at the gig he did last nigh Johnny Depp turned up.. Youd have thought he was busy enough  🙂

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-61631185

20 minutes ago, Rabs said:

Yeah, I am sure it will be great. He is just an incredible player to watch live,.

Apparently at the gig he did last nigh Johnny Depp turned up.. Youd have thought he was busy enough  🙂

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-61631185

Yeah I saw that in the net. I think the whole s-hit storm trail just ended a few days ago. Now its it the hand of the jury as they say. 

Hey Johnny come on up on stage and I'll show how how this thing with strings is really played.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

I saw John McLaughlin on Saturday.

It was very good indeed - incredible band - but he has turned 80 and so he isn't blazing like he used to, or playing as much.  I just hope I make it to 80 and can still play a bit!

Clapton and Beck are both 77 now (and Keith Richards is 78 years young).........

Have a good one Rabs!

[thumbup]🎸

Edited by jdgm
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, jdgm said:

I saw John McLaughlin on Saturday.

It was very good indeed - incredible band - but he has turned 80 and so he isn't blazing like he used to, or playing as much.  I just hope I make it to 80 and can still play a bit!

Clapton and Beck are both 77 now (and Keith Richards is 78 years young).........

Have a good one Rabs!

[thumbup]🎸

Cheers man..  So out of interest, how was the mask wearing at the gig? Did anyone at all?  They really seem to be trying to get everyone to ignore it all...  Of course, now theres Monkey Pox too.. Such fun....

I got an email from the venue on the morning of the concert, asking me to please wear a mask if possible.  So I had one in my pocket (as usual now) but I didn't wear it as nobody else was wearing one.  But perhaps I should have done because the Jubilee Line tube train was absolutely rammed, and the others I had to take were crowded too - there are always a LOT of people in transit in London on a Saturday night. 

But very few were wearing a mask and I don't think anyone was during the concert.   If I've got it it's my own fault...but wearing a mask wouldn't necessarily stop me getting it anyway.  I feel ok at the moment, over 48 hours later.   I have my one and only gig this coming Saturday, too...[-o<

Edited by jdgm

6 minutes ago, jdgm said:

I got an email the morning of the condert asking me to please wear a mask if possible.  So I had one in my pocket (as usual now) but I didn't wear it as nobody else was wearing one.  But perhaps I should have done because the Jubilee Line tube train was absolutely rammed, and the others I had to take were crowded too - there are always a LOT of people in transit in London on a Saturday night. 

But very few were wearing a mask and I don't think anyone was during the concert.   If I've got it it's my own fault...but wearing a mask wouldn't necessarily stop me getting it anyway.  I feel ok at the moment, over 48 hours later.   I have my one and only gig this coming Saturday, too...[-o<

Yeah.. Much as I thought..  I probably will wear one at the gig... Absolutely will wear one on the underground.. Seems silly not too.. I know it doesnt stop it but if it helps even 20-30%, whats the harm.

Edit..  And yes I know maybe I am being a bit over cautious.. Its not as bad as it was and a lot of people have had their shots.. As said, its all about protecting my mum mainly.. If it were just me I wouldnt care as much at all. But also as said, I really want to go to this gig and will take my chances.

Edited by Rabs

3 hours ago, ghost_of_fl said:

Nah the court case is over and really Depp already won (although the jury hasn't officially decided yet).  Maybe there won't be another Pirates movie but his reputation is restored and hers is pretty destroyed.   I think that's what he wanted first and foremost.  Considering how wrecked Amber's career is, I don't think he'd ever squeeze $50 mil out of her anyway.   

Sorry I watched way too much of that trial.  Cool deal on the concert tickets. 😆

Those idiots should stay together. Their both horrible people, and deserve each others undying love for all of eternity. Boo Hoo Amber won't be in Aquaman 2, and Johnny won't make any more Pirate movies. Rich impoverished Hollywood scum. 

18 minutes ago, rct said:

We have tickets to the Art Museum next week.  Some new modern art thing.  It'll be nice, maybe lunch at Stir.

rct

Isn't art in Jersey called a dumpster? I kid I kid. What art museum? You going to the MOMA in NYC? Or the Met? Been to both. You could spend 5 days at the Met and not see it all.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

The one, the only, Philadelphia Museum of Art.  The only thing we would ever miss about being from here, the only thing outside of funerals we would come back for.  We are there once a month or so.  It is a national treasure.   The National Gallery in DC is next, then the New York joints.  Columbus Ohio, fantastic little museum!  Peabody Essex up in Salem Mass, and the one in Boston we saw the Dangerous Curves guitar show last century.  Art museums rock.

rct

33 minutes ago, rct said:

The one, the only, Philadelphia Museum of Art.  The only thing we would ever miss about being from here, the only thing outside of funerals we would come back for.  We are there once a month or so.  It is a national treasure.   The National Gallery in DC is next, then the New York joints.  Columbus Ohio, fantastic little museum!  Peabody Essex up in Salem Mass, and the one in Boston we saw the Dangerous Curves guitar show last century.  Art museums rock.

rct

I’ve been to a lot of the different Smithsonian’s in DC. The Nat Gallery is on point. I love seeing Dali’s and Picasso’s and Van Gogh’s. The Dali Museum in St. Pete in FLA is amazing. The Hallucinagenic Toreador is absolutely stunning in person and gigantic.  

Well I went to the gig.  Was a good gig. Not amazing sadly but still good..   Johnny indeed was on and as far as I am concerned was on for way too long, he did like five songs.. I would have preferred more Jeff Beck stuff but oh well..  Jeff himself wasnt that engaging with the crowd, I would almost say he was having a slight off night.. But still amazing to watch,

Heres some I took myself.. I know the recordings arent great but you will get the idea

And in support was Sharon Corr ( more like Sharon Pffwaaarrr  😄 )  Heres a little snippet

1 minute ago, ghost_of_fl said:

Very cool.   No Tal Wilkenfeld though, that's a bummer. 

Yeah.. Shes just awesome... I tell you what though out of all of his band this time the drummer was amazing.

I think if I was ready to buy tix and I found out Johnny Depp was going to be playing with, or opening for Jeff Beck I would have just said "nope". Go act as a pirate, and treat women like objects. I'll wait till Jeff is playing without Captain Jack-off Sparrow.

I don't have a tickets for future shows as of this. But, I just got back from another Delfest Bluegrass festival in Cumberland Maryland. Lineup wasn't quite as strong this year as in past years, but highlights for me were Railroad Earth, Jacob Jolliff and I was really blown away by Molly Tuttle and Golden Highway. The California Honeydrops were different but very entertaining. We didn't stick around long enough to catch Tyler Childers playing with the Traveling McCoury's.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ghost_of_fl said:

Vanessa Paradis, who is the mother of his two children, Lily-Rose and Jack, was one of the first to release a statement in his defense

"Johnny Depp is the father of my two children, he is a sensitive, loving and loved person.  I believe with all my heart that these recent accusations being made are outrageous.

In all the years I have known Johnny, he has never been physically abusive to me and this is nothing like the man I lived with for 14 wonderful years."

Vanessa later provided a written testimony in 2020 when Johnny filed a libel lawsuit in the UK over the open-ed published letter.

Describing the allegations as "unbelievable," Vanessa wrote: "I have known Johnny for 25 years. We have been partners for 14 years and we raised our two children together. Through all these years I've known Johnny to be a kind, attentive, generous and non-violent person and father."

"On movie sets the actors, directors and entire crews adore him because he is humble and respectful to everyone, as well as being one of the best actors we’ve seen."

She continued: "I am aware of the allegations which Amber Heard has publicly accused Johnny of for more than four years now. This is nothing like the true Johnny I have known, and from my personal experience of many years, I can say he was never violent or abusive to me."

We all have skeletons in our closet, I’m sure both of them are no different, they just have more money than most of us, and their jobs are to dress up, and play make believe.

9 hours ago, saturn said:

I don't have a tickets for future shows as of this. But, I just got back from another Delfest Bluegrass festival in Cumberland Maryland. Lineup wasn't quite as strong this year as in past years, but highlights for me were Railroad Earth, Jacob Jolliff and I was really blown away by Molly Tuttle and Golden Highway. The California Honeydrops were different but very entertaining. We didn't stick around long enough to catch Tyler Childers playing with the Traveling McCoury's.  

Did you catch these guys?

I love this combo, but their website, and most of the videos, doesn't show the guitar player.

Such a bizarre looking band, but it works.

We may go to ROMP, no other plans. Maybe a trip to Mountain View.

Edited by Murph

3 hours ago, ghost_of_fl said:

True that, but it's quite a stretch to go from "we all have skeletons in our closet" to "tHaT EvIL mAn TrEaTs WoMeN LiKe ObJeCts".  

I’m not on his or her side, but I don’t think this is the first and only time he had been accused of being an a-hole.

3 hours ago, &#x27;Scales said:

Rabs, I think Greta Van Fleet is playing the Ally Pally this month - I'd be checking them out if they came to Oz just to see and hear for myself....

Cheers. But thats not a band I would bother with...  I found them confusing at first... First I didnt like them, then I did but the more I heard the less I liked them, especially the singer. I actually find his voice quite grating now.. When I hear him sing it just sounds like a big baby crying......