Gibson Brands Forums

Who Ya Got Tickets For?

Sgt. Pepper

4 hours ago, kelly campbell said:

The only one I have left is Father John Misty in a few weeks.

I’m seeing him October 8th in Durham, NC. Saw him in ‘18. 

I saw Clapton with Winwood in ‘09 or ‘10 in Jersey.

Every Elvis has his Army.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

Saw Elvis last night in Thousand Oaks. Great concert. Complete and pleasant surprise was Nick Lowe as the opening act. I wanted him to come back onstage when Elvis did Peace Love and Understanding. Didn't happen but it would have been great.

13 hours ago, Tman said:

Saw Elvis last night in Thousand Oaks. Great concert. Complete and pleasant surprise was Nick Lowe as the opening act. I wanted him to come back onstage when Elvis did Peace Love and Understanding. Didn't happen but it would have been great.

Sounds killer. I love Pure Pop For Now People or The Jesus Of Cool and Labor Of Lust.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

Tonight a band called Frames is playing in Charleston, SC. My stepson is the guitarist, and my wife and I are driving from Little River to see him. They are the headliner. Tonight is the first night of a 10 day tour. 

In a few weeks I am seeing Ringo in Richmond, VA. I have tix in the 17th row. 

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

• 7 months later...
On 5/30/2022 at 12:19 PM, Sgt. Pepper said:

I just got tickets the other day to see Father John Misty in Durham, NC in October. This will be my second time seeing him. I am seeing Jason Isbell next month in Williamsburg, VA. This show has been postponed for the last 2 years. This will be my maybe 9th or 10th time seeing him. I also am taking my wife two days before her birthday to see Ringo and His All Star Band. This will be time #1 for Ringo. I wanted to get tix for Pat Benatar and Neil Giraldo, but they were over what I wanted to pay to see Pat and Neil.  I spent a little more that I wanted to for Ringo, due to its my wife's birthday, and Ringo is her favorite Beatle. And I will probably never go see him again after this. We are in the middle section for Ringo in row R, so row 18? 

We saw Ringo 3 Times with his all star bands. They are very good. He will sing his old stuff from the Beatles, play his drums. Santanas keyboard player was with him as well as other great players. 

On 4/21/2023 at 11:51 PM, Dub-T-123 said:

Just got some little river band tickets and I’m probably the only millennial to ever be excited about that.  

You might not be though.  Over the years I've seen plenty of those much younger than me get excited about bands most of their peers felt were too much of a "throwback" to even care about.  

Now, I've never been big on The Little river Band, but that's mostly because they weren't my "cuppa".  Not because I thought they weren't a good band.  I never  thought that.  Just couldn't get into the tunes.

Whitefang

Busy year this one.....

May:

Bruce Springsteen

The Raveonettes

June:

Depeche Mode

Sting & Blondie

November:

Greta Van Fleet

We've also paid for my son and his girlfriend to see Interpol and Arctic Monkeys in June.

Ticketmaster has left a sizeable dent in my credit card for this.

Edited by swampash