Gibson Brands Forums

Double Albums

Sgt. Pepper

37 minutes ago, Whitefang said:

I'm  pretty sure Stevie's "Songs In The Key Of Life" wasn't released as a "greatest hits" compilation.

Unless you're implying that it eventually wound up looking like one.  [wink]

And the German Decca release of John Mayall's "Looking Back" was a double LP.  The U. S. and UK releases were one disc only.

Whitefang

He's yanking you chain about Stevie.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Whitefang said:

We're all starting to repeat ourselves. Some of the LPs mentioned on this page were already posted on the previous two.  But since they're great LPs I guess it's OK.   [wink]

Whitefang

Yeah, it’s probably ok. Especially since they’re “Double” Albums….. Ba Ba Ba…..Boom!

3 minutes ago, Whitefang said:

We're all starting to repeat ourselves. Some of the LPs mentioned on this page were already posted on the previous two.  But since they're great LPs I guess it's OK.   [wink]

Whitefang

It's gonna happen. I'd say Bruce - The River, but it isn't any good.

Many also loved Sonic Youth - Daydream Nation. I had that a long time ago. I can only take Youth in small doses. As their whole MO is to make music that grates on you. But you don't under stand their intellectual art types. 

The Purple guy did 1999, but I really liked Sign "O" The Times. There is one, and it sounds like its live, song on side 4 that is awful and the rest I really like. After that I never much cared much for The Symbol Guy any more.

The Mac - Tusk was a weird one. Once Lindsey and Stevie joined the group, I think the best songs were Lindsey's. I do love Christine's Songbird and Stevie had maybe 3 decent songs. Here is a question of topic about Stevie Nicks. You think if Lindsey didn't insist to Mick that its a package deal, and that, you have to take both of us, you think if he only took Lindsey, that Stevie would have been as big as she is or even made it?

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

One has probably already been mentioned but he made a second one. Elton John - Blue Moves was just 4 sides of filler,  with one hit, Sorry Seems To Be The Hardest Word. Tonight is the only song on that album I can take.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

1 minute ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Humble Pie - Eat It, was a double, but not very good and would have made a better single LP.

They also had Rockin' The Fillmore.  Live double and the last with Frampton.

3 minutes ago, jdgm said:

They also had Rockin' The Fillmore.  Live double and the last with Frampton.

Yeah that one is two thumbs way up. I have a 4 CD set of the entire 4 shows they did. It gets tough listening to 4 versions of Gilded Splinters. 

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

1 minute ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

It was a Load, a Loaded Diaper. Then they had to Re-Load cause one t-urd is not enough.

Puppets it is not. 

I don't get as upset about them as you do, though, but what bugs me to the point of high BP is how Jason was treated, and then they go and give Trujillo a million just for agreeing to play with them. 

Listen to the Justice shows. He's was a very, very good fit/player.