Gibson Brands Forums

i really want a gibson les paul

gibsonles paul

I have an early ‘90’s Gibson Les Paul Standard Plus in Heritage Cherry Sunburst with 490R & 498T Humbuckers.. It is a Work of Art & the Pickups sound fantastic! Weighs in at 9 1/2 lbs.. Not light but it is very comfortable to play & I love the Neck…

Good luck with your Search! You won’t regret it! Look forward to hearing about your NGD!

On 8/18/2022 at 10:14 PM, gibsonles paul said:

i want a gibson les paul with cherry sunburst it is so epic and they are so cool!😀 with a 57 classic picup and flame maple

for new, then The Standard 50s is what you're after.  

I have two standards, one is a 95 w/the same pickups Lars mentioned, the other is a 2002 that had burst buckers stock, didn't really get on with those, so I put some Seymour Duncans in there.

I love classic 57s, and some day may put a set of those in the 2002.

On 8/19/2022 at 8:22 PM, gibsonles paul said:

Wow that must be a great guitar, so glad you enjoy it!😀

It is indeed.. In addition to the LP I mentioned in the previous Post I have a 2013 Gibson ES-335 with ‘57 Pickups.. They have a great Sound as well. A bit more pronounced but in a really good way..

I also have a 2014-2015 Gibson Memphis Blacktop ES Les Paul with Bigsby that has MHS Pickups.. Really great sounding Pickups as well.. Though different.. Somewhere in between the other 2 Guitars.. Pretty close to the PAF Humbuckers in my old 1959 ES345 which were the best sounding Pickups I’ve ever heard.

17 hours ago, Eracer_Team said:

Only one way to own one. 

Grab your credit card and get one

That is what I was thinking when I read the title. 

Well, go buy one.

I really want to eat dinner tonight, so when I get home from work I'm gonna make it.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
23 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

I'v said he is not a good singer, which I don't think he is, but I have never said he is a not a good drummer. Don't put words in my mouth Canadian.

our disfunction started when you said he wasnt a good drummer and had a bad voice,  your words American. glad you enjoyed ....