Gibson Brands Forums

Finally have a J-45 again

Proclaimer888

Been several years since I sold my J45 and found a slightly used 60's J45 with wine color and the adjustable bridge.  Its not the traditional color and some don't care for the adjustable bridge but I can say with no reservations....this guitar sounds and looks great.  I have Monels on her and Angie has never sounded so good.  Anyway, glad to be back with a Gibbie again.  Play On!

J45.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

No issue here with the red either.  Or the adjustable bridge.  Looks good.  Have lots of fun with it.

Anyone complains about the bridge tell them it's OK with you if they pull out their wallet and buy you what THEY think you should have.  [wink]

Whitefang

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

So your guitar is not from the 60's, but that is the model, am I right? I got no issue with a red guitar. My motto is friend's don't let friend's buy blue guitars.

Congrats.

yep and sorry as you are correct....its a 60s model.  I wish it was an original 60s in this shape!  

53 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

So your guitar is not from the 60's, but that is the model, am I right? I got no issue with a red guitar. My motto is friend's don't let friend's buy blue guitars.

Congrats.

I agree. Pelham Blue... Not for me... 

Nice looking guitar. 

1 hour ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

In-between that time, what were you playing on?

Just about anything....A few small luthier guitars, a nice yamaha LS26, Martin HD28, Taylor 26Koa,.....never felt satisfied.  This one sounds just right.  I still have my Martin OM21 for on the couch while my wife is in the room for softer playin'.   Im intrigued by the new gibson satin finish guitars....like the J-35.  

2 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Congrats.

Chief,

My motto is:

Friends don't let friends (or Grandfathers) buy blue guitars... unless they have sparkles.

RBSinTo