Gibson Brands Forums

Some Bitter Cold Moving Way South.

Murph

2 hours ago, Whitefang said:

If you're on a blood thinner(like me) the cold will seem much colder.  I'm not sure about the older/colder thing, but over the years I noticed a lot of oldsters bundling up in warm weather, but too, my brother in law Stan is 86, and is no colder in this weather than the much younger men in the family.

A Bible reading dog?  Ha!  Next time he does that try to get a picture of it and see if you can post it.  And BTW.....

What section of the Bible did he have it opened to?   [wink]  I tried sending that question in a PM, but it seems you can't receive messages.

Whitefang

Hi Ken. Yes, I take blood pressure pills and others.  I never knew that they could make you feel the cold more?  Sure seems I do, however. 

Bandit couldn't possibly read and he watched me so much back then, I think he was trying to imitate me or, he was wondering what was so interesting in this book that I read a lot?  I never saw any dog ever do that before though and he did it twice. Both Debbie and I caught him in the act. Yes I did look,  he had it opened to the Old Testament both times, but I don't remember what book, chapter, or verse. Too long ago. Bandit has been dead for over 20 some years ago. Maybe more? Thats when I had that brain tumor back then and that's been 33 years ago I believe? He died a few years after that.  The PM can get too full right? I'm not sure I remember how to delete the stuff thats been in there?

Looks like this is going to rate up at the very top for most deadliest and expensive winter storms in U.S. history.

The Ohio turnpike, and scenes like it, are all over. They showed video of the vehicles in the Buffalo area, just scattered everywhere.

At one time there were over a million people without power.

I fear we won't know the total death toll for several more days because you simply can't yet get to some places.

This one was a Mutha...

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, Murph said:

The Ohio turnpike, and scenes like it, are all over. They showed video of the vehicles in the Buffalo area, just scattered everywhere.

This one was a Mutha...

Gotta be bad for sure. I got emergency cell alerts bout that. More than one. I-71 was a mess.

But today(and right now) in the Detroit area it's a blistering 34 degrees!  Above freezing means a good portion of the snow around here will melt.  We didn't get but 3-4" anyway.  But I really feel for those folks in Buffalo.  I saw a newscaster in Buffalo standing next to a car(he claimed) and the only thing showing was a side view mirror.  Sticking out of the side of a huge pile of snow. And just the snow that fell.  Not snow that was plowed from the road and over the car.

Whitefang

• Like 1

I can tell you that's a fact for sure.  On  Christmas Eve I drove from my daughter's home in Roseville, Mi to my home some 20+ miles away.  The outside temp was 4 degreesF.  That's without the wind chill figured in.  It was that night the heater in my car decided to quit heating.  It was fortunate we didn't get the snow that Buffalo got or I might not be here to type all this.  But now, as I type this it's 49 degreesF in the Detroit area.  But I still took my car in to get the heater fixed.  With January and February to go I doubt this past bitter cold snap will be the last.

Whitefang

• 1 month later...

Well, its here again. Second day into it. High today of 23F in western KY with a layer of sleet covered by an inch of snow. No high winds and no power interuptions yet. My 15 outdoor cats are feeling it. Got fresh hay in their boxes. Keeping thawed water out there is a PITA tho. 🙃

Hows everyone else fairing?

25 minutes ago, duane v said:

We just had a state of emergency in SoCal with a low of 40 degrees F.

Well yall have had bad times lately. Flooding n all. Many havent recovered from that.

Forecasted into the teens tonight. Not much to do cept plug in or watch movies. And make sure the pump to my well still has the 75w light working. Frozen pump makes for no toilet flushy.

Edited by CROWB8

56 minutes ago, CROWB8 said:

Well, its here again. Second day into it. High today of 23F in western KY with a layer of sleet covered by an inch of snow. No high winds and no power interuptions yet. My 15 outdoor cats are feeling it. Got fresh hay in their boxes. Keeping thawed water out there is a PITA tho. 🙃

Hows everyone else fairing?

8F here now. Tee shirt weather 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Tman said:

I didn't accuse them of lying. I was truly surprised by the bitter cold.

Oh no Tman. Didnt think you did. N I doubt they think that either. I thought *my reply might have eluded to such. Wanted to clairify that. Total respect to all, always. Thats how I conduct meself here and everywhere. 

Cheers bro....

Looking at reply, I can see how it could be viewed that way. Sorry, not my intent. Comment deleted sir.

Edited by CROWB8