Gibson Brands Forums

The "Power" of rock??drugs satanism, alcohol, cigarettes

nicksg941

Agreed' date=' it is the work of an extremist. But remember the summary of that book is "Do what thou wilt" and that goes in direct opposition to what God desires which is to do His (God's) will.

If we look at a simplified doctrine of Satan we find that satan is adversary or one who causes adversity. An adversary who is opposition of someone or something and this case the Bible talks about being in opposition with God.

This is why I would say he was a satanist. All people are at some point in opposition with God, but Crowley promoted it and tried from what I know of him, to glorify that position. I could be wrong, but that's how I see it.[/quote']

"Do what thou wilt, shall be the whole of the law" I believe it says and anyone who thinks in terms of Society should give it no credence.

My guess is that they are waiting for someone to beg them to come back so they can say' date=' "this place is boring without us..."[/quote']

I do regret the banter, but I don't regret the ignorance.

Drinking, but still holding my own!

I've also read the 'Necronomocon'. I think that puts me in the realm of the crazies.

Is that real? I've only heard about in from "Army Of Darkness" which wasn't a very serious movie.

In terms of the sex drugs and satan' date=' I think it depends on the people.

Some people need the extra push or some type of muse to come up with original ideas but some people are just bursting with them.

[u']DRUGS:[/u]

I, for instance, practice all my technical stuff sober but practice my creative ideas and jam high. It's worked very well. Then once I get ideas from smokey jam sessions I apply them in sober practice time.

Other drugs I've found make you think you're playing well but you aren't. They can be good for conceptualizing though.

SEX:

Sex is GREAT but I make my best music when I'm single and not getting any. It gives me a fire and purpose in life. When there's a woman floating around I get lazy and I loose focus.

I've found most women love that you play guitar but quickly get jealous once they realize you love guitar. That's when they secretly or unintentionally sabotage practices, or even try and keep you from going.

That's why I like the one night stands after a good gig. You earned it and you get some variety.

SATAN:

Sucks. Worship you're instrument, Satan can't get you laid, but playing guitar well can.

Overall the only thing I've found that works is weed. I always play better when I'm high. The trick is understanding you're instrument as best you can first, then light one up and work on how you express yourself.

SEX:

Sex is GREAT but I make my best music when I'm single and not getting any. It gives me a fire and purpose in life. When there's a woman floating around I get lazy and I loose focus.

I've found most women love that you play guitar but quickly get jealous once they realize you love guitar. That's when they secretly or unintentionally sabotage practices' date=' or even try and keep you from going.

That's why I like the one night stands after a good gig. You earned it and you get some variety.

[/quote']

Damn man, you are so right... it's like everytime one has a steady relationship any music related abilities go down.

the funniest thing about Satanism...I did a report for an antropology course years ago and what really amazed me was how Satan wasn't even a focal point in the religion!

Satanism should really be called Humanism (there might actually be something called that) because its more of a doctrine of living as hedonistic as you can.

Its a doctrine of pleasure and respect...not necessarily for others but for others to respect you!

there is a funny line in the Satanic Bible...something along the lines of a man entering your lair and not showing you respect is grounds to "destroy him"!

there is also another line about not doing harm to children...go figure!

the only appealing aspect of Satanism are the orgies and female alters!

*they have performed "Satanic Weddings" using a naked woman laying on her back as an "alter"...i think if christians do that they could boost membership worldwide!

fundamentally...Satanists might as well be hedonists...or atheists because they dont believe in anything other than satisfying their own desires!

wusses!

i wanted to find out that there were sacrifices and other creepy stuff...but thats reserved for straight up weirdos i guess...

if you want to read about another "interesting" "religion" check out the church of euthanasia!

i swear to you its real!

and the funniest thing is the founder hasnt commited suicide yet because she believes she has more to share!

talk about a hypocrite!

ha

keep rocking out guys!

Damn man' date=' you are so right... it's like everytime one has a steady relationship any music related abilities go down.[/quote']

I got good at guitar by not having a social life until I was a senior in high school. Every night I would sit at my guitar and work on my playing.

Even to this day I will turn down even a party or a blunt if I feel like I need to practice.

The best musicians usually only hang out with musicians.

I did once date a girl who played the drums and was totally supportive of my OGD (obsessive guitarist disorder.) She was pretty good and when my band needed a drummer I suggested her. It didn't work out very well and it blew up in my face.

She was drop dead gorgeous too, we've hung out a few times but she will never forgive me until I leave that band, which I won't.

the only appealing aspect of Satanism are the orgies and female alters!

*they have performed "Satanic Weddings" using a naked woman laying on her back as an "alter"...i think if christians do that they could boost membership worldwide!

Sign my *** up. If that is true, I would be in church frolicking on the "alter" every night.

The "satanist" stuff should be looked at with a grain of salt. It is as much satire as it is religion. It really should be called hedonism but satan was used to tweak the christians especially since "satan" is a christian creation.

I'm gonna bring up realtors. Why? Because they also sell stuff. Having been around Realtors a good part of my life, I can tell you that they do more Drugs (Coke) and have more extra marital sex than Jimmy Page and Ted Nugent put together. If dressing like the Prince of Darkness lighting candles around a Pentagram would sell more houses, they'd be all looking ike Ozzy and Dio.

My Point, people do drugs and have sex, they smoke cigarrets and dress for success. Rock and Roll star are really no different than anyone else, if Iron MAiden sold houses they'd wear suits and have a big Hot Air Baloon, instead they wear tore up jeans and have a big Eddie.

As far as Jimmy Page buying Alistair Crowleys house, it was a great buy because no one wanted to live with the stigma. You needed to be a writer or musician or something, to make the negative publicity work for you.

Hey topic creator! Shut the f**k up!

Haha lol) Sorry i created this in a hurry' date=' now only got back...

Anyway,

1. Do you have to be a drug, alcohol, sex addict to write good music? [b']Really?[/b] I mean there WERE and ARE some people out there that dont take drugs and are still able to write good, proper music. Like Jack Johnson, you dont have to like him, but lets agree on something- hes definetely good and is not a drug addict. if using drugs creativity could come to your mind while writing pessimistic songs or if you are just a real son of and just want to go on and kill yourself(Kurt Cobain, Sid Vicious). But guys and girls, bands like Zeppelin didnt write pessimistic music and they werent a bunch of just crazy people who were trying to liberate liberating ideas(again, Sex Pistols).

2. One of my versions is this- once you forbid something to someone from their first school days, some of those people that were not allowed to do some stuff like drugs, stanism, alcohol, mad sex, all of those people who have a mind of a rebel and are not educated well enough and properly treated throughout their early lives( come on, its 70s for people who grew up in 50s and 60s) would DEFINETELY try that. And they would have done just because of the principal of being a rebel. Too bad their time period really did suck for kids. Eventually, with then religious groups listening to songs backwards would start the fight which could eventually make a lot of people satanist, alchoholic and drug addicted. Then it would carry on to the next generation bands(eg 80s- AC DC, 90s- Britpop and Grunge movements).

You see what im saying?

You are starting to creep me out.

Also, are you implying that being a kid in the 70s sucked? Because I can tell you that being a kid in the 70s was a blast. It probably was the best decade to be a kid. Get this...we actually played outside and ran around and explored our environment....can you believe it?

Damn man' date=' you are so right... it's like everytime one has a steady relationship any music related abilities go down.[/quote']

hehe...you said "go down."

Maybe Homz is working to make me a better musician....hmmm

I would just like to point out that it's not just musicians. If you look at many literary greats, there are an abundance of folks with bipolar disorder. Many of them did a bit of self-medicating with alcohol, opium, etc. I remember reading once that Scott Weiland refuses to treat his mental illness because it dulls his creativity.

Oh--and Aleister Crowley also translated "The Tao de Ching." Don't think that makes him a Taoist. Probably makes him a dude who wanted to make some money and Satan is always good for a dime.

Archived