Gibson Brands Forums

Cases And Stickers, What Do You Have?

Sgt. Pepper

18 hours ago, RBSinTo said:

Six guitars. Five in cases. 

No stickers on any of them, and can't think of any reason to apply any.

Our grand-daughter covered her sparkly-blue Squier Mustang with stickers, but that's a story for another day.

RBSinTo

When I make it to Toronto I'll bring you an - I ❤️  North Myrtle Beach - Sticker for one of your cases. Least I can do.

21 hours ago, ghost_of_fl said:

Not the original case for my Ibanez.  I lost a couple of decades of stickers.  ☹️

The new case:

0121231153-HDR-2.jpg

What do you use when your stickers start curling or losing their stick? 

What does the sticker say with the sad bear crying? I can't see what it says.

2 hours ago, IanHenry said:

Don't forget Alvin Lee!

That's right, and Gibson did a reissue and included all the stickers on that guitar. At least Alvin Lee was a damn fine guitarist. Noel G, I think of him a songwritter who plays but nothing Oasis did impressed me.

I do love Elvis cause my parents tortured me with him when I was 10, and only wanted to listen to Kiss. 

21 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

When I make it to Toronto I'll bring you an - I ❤️  North Myrtle Beach - Sticker for one of your cases. Least I can do.

Chief,

I'll trade you.

You bring the sticker, and I'll give you some Chinese pot-stickers, which you can eat or stick on your guitar cases.

Deal?

RBSinTo

3 minutes ago, RBSinTo said:

Chief,

I'll trade you.

You bring the sticker, and I'll give you some Chinese pot-stickers, which you can eat or stick on your guitar cases.

Deal?

RBSinTo

I think the dumpling on a guitar case would get a little funky after a while. I guess right out of the steamer it would stick to the case for a while.

Deal.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

14 minutes ago, Whitefang said:

Now, THAT'S torture!  😝

Whitefang

I did state I was 10. Dynasty came out and I said F's this garbage. I Was Made For Lovin' You. You guys kidding me with this shizza?

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

1 minute ago, ghost_of_fl said:

I almost didn't put that one on.  At the time I was playing in a pretty active cover band and we would tend to be one of the better ones.  It says "you suck, and that's sad".  😬

Damn I want one for my cases.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

I did state I was 10. Dynasty came out and I said F this garbage. I Was Made For Lovin' You. You guys kidding me with this shizza?

Well, it does sound as if when you were ten your music choices were more varied than when I was ten.  Or at least more "hip".  But we did have Chuck Berry, Elvis, Ricky Nelson and Roy Orbison and The Beach Boys to counter all the other crap on top 40 AM radio back then.  [wink]

Whitefang

2 minutes ago, Whitefang said:

Well, it does sound as if when you were ten your music choices were more varied than when I was ten.  Or at least more "hip".  But we did have Chuck Berry, Elvis, Ricky Nelson and Roy Orbison and The Beach Boys to counter all the other crap on top 40 AM radio back then.  [wink]

Whitefang

I was also listening to Derringer, Aerosmith, Nugent, The Beatles, and Zeppelin. My cousins turned me on to all those and they are the reason I listen to Kiss. They played Kiss Alive! for me and I was all in. I think by 13 I was done with Kiss. 

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

2 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

I was also listening to Derringer, Aerosmith, Nugent, The Beatles, and Zeppelin. My cousins turned me on to all those and they are the reason I listen to Kiss. They played Kiss Alive! for me and I was all in. I think by 13 I was done with Kiss. 

When I was 13 I was immersed in the "British Invasion", which began(for me) when my favorite radio station(and still AM then) played "I Want To Hold Your Hand"  in Dec. '63.  It's also when I just started expanding my tastes from that '60's folk music craze.  My stack of 45s was a mix of  The Kingston Trio, Phil Ochs,  Chuck Berry,  John Loudermilk,  Lonnie Mack, Travis Wammack,  The Chantels, The Beach Boys,  and some Beatles, Stones and The Animals. The Contours  and a bunch I no longer recall.

Whitefang

5 hours ago, Pinch said:

Indeed I do. The Rage Against The Machine Syndrome. 

I think we should house the homeless, while their mullionaire limousine communist guitarist thinks we should arm them. 

God, I hate that band. 

Pretty much everyone sounds like an idiot when they try to slap an easy solution on a problem as complex as homelessness. 

The problem is not that they currently lack housing. It’s that they are psychologically broken from a life of abuse, drug use, and just about any other unpleasantness you could imagine. You could give each one a house and a million dollars and they’d be just as broken as ever. But wait what we’re we talking about?

1 hour ago, Dub-T-123 said:

Pretty much everyone sounds like an idiot when they try to slap an easy solution on a problem as complex as homelessness. 

The problem is not that they currently lack housing. It’s that they are psychologically broken from a life of abuse, drug use, and just about any other unpleasantness you could imagine. You could give each one a house and a million dollars and they’d be just as broken as ever. But wait what we’re we talking about?

Ghost said Aerosmith were hypocrites. I agreed and tossed in another example. 

But yeah... Stickers. They're sticky. 

51 minutes ago, Pinch said:

Ghost said Aerosmith were hypocrites. I agreed and tossed in another example. 

But yeah... Stickers. They're sticky. 

And breadsticks are carb laden. But so good dunked into soup. With a salad to make you feel like your eating healthy.

4 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

And breadsticks are carb laden. But so good dunked into soup. With a salad to make you feel like your eating healthy.

Yup. 

I actually don't eat breadsticks that often. I really should eat soup more often though. Underrated food. 

Yikes, we really are out of guitar related things to talk about! 

Edited by Pinch

2 minutes ago, Pinch said:

Yup. 

I actually don't eat breadsticks that often. I really should eat soup more often though. Underrated food. 

Tomato soup with a grilled cheese is the business. I guess a grilled cheese is like a flat breadstick with melted cheese in the middle,

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

5 minutes ago, duane v said:

Grilled cheese and macaroni and cheese just sounds gross to me. I have never tried either one.

My mom always had to make me something different on those days.... And I won't go near ketchup. 

Melted Cheese on bread sounds gross? Ever eat a Quesadilla, almost the same thing but with a tortilla.

And elbow noodles and melted cheese sounds gross too? Best Mac and Cheese I ever had was when I got Oxtails from the Jamaican place I used to go to in Newport News. And that was one of the side dishes.

I just wont go near those two items for whatever reason.

The ketchup deal was a result of a 2nd grade field trip to the Hunts Tomatoe factory and we got a tour of where they made ketchup, and what they did to those poor tomatoes was just unspeakable. I had reoccurring nightmares for about a year after. lol... Never touched ketchup after that. 

Just now, duane v said:

The ketchup deal was a result of a 2nd grade field trip to the Hunts Tomatoe factory and we got a tour of where they made ketchup, and what they did to those poor tomatoes was just unspeakable. I had reoccurring nightmares for about a year after. lol... Never touched ketchup after that. 

Were the tomatoes screaming in agony as they were squished into Catsup? Do you eat chicken? Do you think the processing plant is nice to them?

7 minutes ago, duane v said:

Say, you any relation to DAN QUAYLE? [wink]    (remember the "potatoe" incident?)

OK, so you never touched ketchup after seeing how they treated the tomatoes.  

I'd imagine it'd be similar to what apples go through in the making of applesauce.  So, did you give THAT up too? 

How would that give you nightmares?  The screaming the tomatoes did?   And since you no longer touch ketchup, does that also include CATSUP?  [wink]

Heh.  "Tomato factory".  sounds more like a place where they would MAKE them!  [thumbup]

Whitefang

3 minutes ago, Whitefang said:

Say, you any relation to DAN QUAYLE? [wink]    (remember the "potatoe" incident?)

OK, so you never touched ketchup after seeing how they treated the tomatoes.  

I'd imagine it'd be similar to what apples go through in the making of applesauce.  So, did you give THAT up too? 

How would that give you nightmares?  The screaming the tomatoes did?   And since you no longer touch ketchup, does that also include CATSUP?  [wink]

Heh.  "Tomato factory".  sounds more like a place where they would MAKE them!  [thumbup]

Whitefang

And those poor oats that get flattened to make instant oatmeal. The horror.

• Sad 1