Gibson Brands Forums

Any cooks out there?

gearbasher

I can make one brownie or one single serving  of cornbread. I would need about 10 of them to make the entire contents of the package of the mix.

Speaking of cornbread I made this last night and put chili all over it. Oh yeah, two types of cheddar on it, and chedder in the batter with a can of creme corn. I don't need a woman to cook for me.

TxLWfpM.jpg

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

While I cook/bake a lot and almost exclusively use cast iron, I doubt that would serve much of a purpose for cooking.  However, I thought about buying one for my wife as a unique Christmas tree ornament.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

I can make one brownie or one single serving  of cornbread. I would need about 10 of them to make the entire contents of the package of the mix.

Speaking of cornbread I made this last night and put chili all over it. Oh yeah, two types of cheddar on it, and chedder in the batter with a can of creme corn. I don't need a woman to cook for me.

TxLWfpM.jpg

That looks awful!!!! 🤮

• Haha 1

I have an old iron skillet that was my Grandma's.  I have a be-yotch of a time cooking anything in it.  She had no problem making omelettes in the damned thing.  But she used to make her living as a cook, among waiting tables, seamstress work, and welding tank floors during WWII.  

But I'm doggedly determined to get better at using it.  I've tried those "non-stick" skillets you see on TV ads all the time.  Threw all of them away.  They make it seem that nothing sticks to them.  I had trouble finding anything that wouldn't stick to them.

Whitefang

Whitefang, how is the coating on the cast iron? There’s a whole art to building and maintaining the “seasoning”.  I don’t know much about it but I’ve seen people cook eggs n stuff and never stick. We have one cast iron frying pan and have not mastered the seasoning thing. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ghost_of_fl said:

I think Duane is from California where they put fruit on their pizza.  🤭

Yep. If you put pineapple on your pizza your either 6 years old or clueless. He’s also posted a grilled cheese sandwich is disgusting. No no there not.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

2 minutes ago, duane v said:

Doesn't the sauce come from a tomato???? Which is considered a "fruit."

It is, and if you eat pasta with tomato sauce, your eating a sauce made form berries, but don't tell the Italians, or they might whack you. After not using catsup and knowing what processing plants do to food, how do you eat anything you don't raise yourself or grow. Think any other processing plants are different?

5 hours ago, duane v said:

A "cheese only" pizza is absolutely gross. Might as well make a crappy grilled cheese sandwich and add hot ketchup. 

Meat Lovers Pizza with Jalapeños and olives.... Now that's a real pizza 

I guess you never ever had pizza from Jersey? 

Jalapeno's go on Mexican food. You probably think Taco Bell is Mexican food?

I usually make my own pizza. Making dough is easy. Its not as disgusting as my cornbread. I would rather eat my pizza that eating most places.

Best pizza I ever had was in '81 when I visited my relatives in Jersey.

Just cheese and pepperoni is good. Sausage and onions works too. Pizza is not about piling 10 tons of toppings on it. 

I make a pizza with mozzarella, onions, ricotta cheese, and sausage. Damn its good. Of course squished tomatoes called sauce is on there too.

Thanks Wolfgang Puck for ruining pizza. 

I'll bet Duane likes Chucky Cheese Pizza. 

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

I like what I like..... you like what you like.

Hardly you or anyone else is the final word on what a pizza should be.

Never been Chucky Cheese and never been to Taco Bell (another one of your blind assumptions)......:rolleyes: ... But I do love Round Table Pizza... To me it's better than any floppy overly greasy New York Pizza I have ever tried.

As for jalapenos, I have never seen a playbook that states this particular "fruit" only "go on Mexican food."

As for New Jersey, never heard anything about their Pizza greatness (if that's what you were eluding to).

Sorry for saying the dish that you cooked and posted looked awful, but I wouldn't touch it with a 20 foot fork.... no offense.🙂

20 hours ago, ghost_of_fl said:

Crust + sauce + cheese = pizza. 

We are talking about what your heathens choose to put on as a topping. 

They're(not there) not MY heathens.  [cool]

I don't mind pineapple on pizza.  But it really isn't a "must" for me.  It depends on my mood.

But cheese, ham and mushrooms are a must.  And I can switch between ham or pepperoni.   In fact, the only pizza topping I won't stand for is.......

Anchovies.  😝

Whitefang

3 hours ago, duane v said:

I like what I like..... you like what you like.

Hardly you or anyone else is the final word on what a pizza should be.

Never been Chucky Cheese and never been to Taco Bell (another one of your blind assumptions)......:rolleyes: ... But I do love Round Table Pizza... To me it's better than any floppy overly greasy New York Pizza I have ever tried.

As for jalapenos, I have never seen a playbook that states this particular "fruit" only "go on Mexican food."

As for New Jersey, never heard anything about their Pizza greatness (if that's what you were eluding to).

Sorry for saying the dish that you cooked and posted looked awful, but I wouldn't touch it with a 20 foot fork.... no offense.🙂

Round Table Pizza is about a 1/4 step above Totino’s Frozen Pizza, and I’m fronting them a 1/16 of a step.

Italian descent, born, raised and still living in Brooklyn. I've had the best pizza. I've had the worst pizza. My grandmother used to make her own. I make my own. When it comes to franchise pizzerias, Little Caesars  is the only one I can stomach.

22 minutes ago, gearbasher said:

Italian descent, born, raised and still living in Brooklyn. I've had the best pizza. I've had the worst pizza. My grandmother used to make her own. I make my own. When it comes to franchise pizzerias, Little Caesars  is the only one I can stomach.

Little Caesars is the once you can stomach. Wow.

1 hour ago, gearbasher said:

Patsy's Pizza in NYC is the best I have ever had. With Italian sausage.

21 hours ago, gearbasher said:

You should consider moving here to Southeast Michigan.  There's practically a Little Caesar's on every corner.  [wink]  They're a lot better than they were back in the "day" though.  And a good price too.   Of all the franchise pizza's here, Hungry Howie's  has the better variety for the price. And they offer a choice of flavored crusts.  Almost all the Pizza Huts are gone.   And personally, I always thought Domino's sucked.  And Jet's isn't bad either.  The best in Lincoln Park used to be Vito's.  But since he moved from his original location and added pool tables and video arcade games the pizza started to suffer.

But everybody has their likes and dislikes and personal favorites.  I like Caesar's OK, but more prefer Andy's or the pizza from Zukin's Rib shack(best ribs Downriver), but there's those I know that don't like either of those places.  

Whitefang

4 hours ago, Whitefang said:

You should consider moving here to Southeast Michigan.  There's practically a Little Caesar's on every corner.  [wink]  They're a lot better than they were back in the "day" though.  And a good price too.   Of all the franchise pizza's here, Hungry Howie's  has the better variety for the price. And they offer a choice of flavored crusts.  Almost all the Pizza Huts are gone.   And personally, I always thought Domino's sucked.  And Jet's isn't bad either.  The best in Lincoln Park used to be Vito's.  But since he moved from his original location and added pool tables and video arcade games the pizza started to suffer.

But everybody has their likes and dislikes and personal favorites.  I like Caesar's OK, but more prefer Andy's or the pizza from Zukin's Rib shack(best ribs Downriver), but there's those I know that don't like either of those places.  

Whitefang

There are two stand alone places here I will go to around where I live. One is Pizzeli's Italian Oven in Little River. It's about 2 streetlights away. And the other is in North Myrtle called Daniello's. I think Daniello's is just a tad better, but it's 10 plus min drive depending on if its tourist season or not. I get the meatball pizza. Thin slices of meatballs with basil. It's damn good. I've tried a few other stand alone places here, and they are better than any chain junk like Dominos or Pizza Hut. About a few months ago my wife and I saw a Little Caesar's commercial, and she said let's get that for dinner. I reluctantly said OK. After eating it I told my wife I never wanted to eat it again, and she said yeah your right. We have a Mellow Mushroom close by, and I have been to a few, and its usually okay. My friend came to visit last summer when my wife went out of town. It was his first night here, and I didn't feel like cooking, and we went a pickup up a pizza from them. It was so salty and nasty. I will never go back. 

When I used to travel for the USCG and when in Rhode Island. I always stayed by TF Green Airport at the Marriott. 2 blocks away was Bertucci's. They have killer homemade rolls, and on the table is olive oil and rosemary to dip the rolls in, and they come to the table hot. They have a pizza called a Sprokie. Its mozzarella cheese, sausage, ricotta chesse and onions. It is killer. I recreate it when I make my own pizza. Ricotta kicks it up to the next level.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

On 1/26/2023 at 10:10 AM, gearbasher said:

This is like a pizza review written by M Night Shyamalan. I could have never guessed that plot twist