Gibson Brands Forums

What's on your mind today? The Gibson edition

Pinch

My L6S is arriving at the Glendora GC for pick up today with my new VOX mini 50 watt bass amp (to create more room in the Jimi Hendrix Room. And the Roland PM-200 180-watt 1x12 inch Personal Drum Monitor. The drummer was complaining he couldn't hear himself because the drums were patched into the PA. :rolleyes: So he will no longer be patched into the PA and the monitor will be his only sound source which is good IMO.

13 hours ago, gdecantoo said:

After thinking about how others identify themselves now, I was thinking how I would identify myself and have come to the conclusion that I identify as a Pig……. I like my butt rubbed and my pork pulled!

SEE?  THAT'S why I'll NEVER put anything called "pulled pork" in my mouth.  Same with that candy called "pop rocks".  😉

Whitefang

4 hours ago, Whitefang said:

SEE?  THAT'S why I'll NEVER put anything called "pulled pork" in my mouth.  Same with that candy called "pop rocks".  😉

Whitefang

Down here in the Carolina's they know how to do two things - drink and BBQ.

I've had pulled pork on Nacho's. I guess is like the whole what should or shouldn't you put on pizza. I am not a fan of the vinegar juice they put on the pulled pork. I like the BBQ sauces. The Carolina style that is golden in color that must have mustard in it is really good when done right.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

8 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

I've had pulled pork on Nacho's. I guess is like the whole what should or shouldn't you put on pizza. I am not a fan of the vinegar juice they put on the pulled pork. I like the BBQ sauces. The Carolina style that is golden in color that must have mustard in it is really good when done right.

Agreed on the juice. Seems more suited to a salad. If you're into that.

I like the southern pulled pork. But I tend to smother it with sweet baby rays or hot bulls eye. Then toss over open sesame burger buns. Maybe top with chopped onions. Oh, and a frosted mug of beer of course.

Now if I could just have a warm summer day....

Edited by CROWB8
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, CROWB8 said:

Agreed on the juice. Seems more suited to a salad. If you're into that.

I like the southern pulled pork. But I tend to smother it with sweet baby rays or hot bulls eye. Then toss over open sesame burger buns. Maybe top with chopped onions. Oh, and a frosted mug of beer of course.

Now if I could just have a warm summer day....

Where do you stand on coleslaw on top of the pulled pork samich? I can do it or not. I've been to two pig pickins' and man oh man, that pulled pork right off the cooked oinker is the bomb.

13 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

I like the BBQ sauces. The Carolina style that is golden in color that must have mustard in it is really good when done right.

I use a 50/50 mix of commercial BBQ sauce and maple syrup to put on my ribs when cooking them. It is great.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Just call it "shredded pork" and I'm fine with it.  But given what "pulled pork" means otherwise I'm reluctant to fill my mouth with it.  [wink]  And I've only had shredded pork sandwiches with the meat soaked in some kind of BBQ sauce.  Not familiar with the vinegar juice.  Doesn't sound too appetizing.

Whitefang

5 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Where do you stand on coleslaw on top of the pulled pork samich? I can do it or not. I've been to two pig pickins' and man oh man, that pulled pork right off the cooked oinker is the bomb.

Not a fan of slaw from the get go. Tho the wifey loves the type slaw that tastes like theres maybe a hint of horse radish in it. I agree on that. Havent found *like slaw in this region yet. In the small (400 ppl) town of Bardwell where I live, there is a house, no signs, thats on no schedual, has the best pulled pork take out I've ever had. Gotta call 'em. Hit or miss there.

Eons ago, in the mid '70s, went thru TN and was intro'd to "young" ham. Ooowee. Melt in mouth. But that was thru some friends family who hunted wild bore. No store that I can find has it. Dont know many ppl here. Kinda being stand offish due to the political/social/religous local climate in deep south. Tho general southern hospitality is unrivaled. So likely never experience that again. Arg...

5 hours ago, gearbasher said:

I use a 50/50 mix of commercial BBQ sauce and maple syrup to put on my ribs when cooking them. It is great.

Hmmmm. Sounds good. Gots to try that. Tnx bro. Wonder if molassas would work?

My current local fav is,  https://kentuckyhillbillybbq.godaddysites.com/

They serve with that vinegar sauce. On the side so....

Edited by CROWB8
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Whitefang said:

Just call it "shredded pork" and I'm fine with it.  But given what "pulled pork" means otherwise I'm reluctant to fill my mouth with it.  [wink]  And I've only had shredded pork sandwiches with the meat soaked in some kind of BBQ sauce.  Not familiar with the vinegar juice.  Doesn't sound too appetizing.

Whitefang

"Doesn't sound too appetizing."

It's a pleasent change from traditional. But it can be over powering over time. If you get a chance, if served on the side, might try it.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Yeah, a nephew of ours used to have annual "pig roasts" when he lived up in Gladwin, MI.  Know what you mean.  

There used to be a restaurant my ex and I would frequent that offered a sandwich of their own creation(so they claimed) in concert with the Reuben sandwich, which is(as you know) corned beef covered with sauerkraut on grilled bread.  Their's was called the "Abraham"  which was corned beef and Swiss covered with slaw on an onion roll.  Not too bad.   and......

CROW:

There used to be a "family" restaurant, part of a chain, named "Friendly" that served cole slaw with a dash of horseradish in it.  Nowhere else I know of does that.  And that Friendly place is long gone now.(I don't think that cole slaw had anything to do with that though.).

Whitefang

• Like 1

2 hours ago, duane v said:

My sweeter half is going to help me organize and clean the Jimi Hendrix Room this weekend. She's great at making rooms pop.  

JH room? Interesting. A few strats and an SG C I suppose.

The wifey is letting me hang my Firebird and SG in the front living room. The FB is tobaco burst and SG is dark red so the hard wood floors and wood pannel walls set them off. Me luvs me wifey.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CROWB8 said:

The wifey is letting me hang my Firebird and SG in the front living room. The FB is tobaco burst and SG is dark red so the hard wood floors and wood pannel walls set them off. Me luvs me wifey.

I just dig what Jimi was all about even though there's a bunch of Beatles tribute instruments in the cave.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, duane v said:

I just dig what Jimi was all about even though there's a bunch of Beatles tribute instruments in the cave.

Yea. I grew up in Seattle in his era. Tho in Jimmys time the Seattle Center Colosseum was the venue of choice for large concerts. But most opted for Tacoma due to Seattle taxes. Still, think he played the Center. But I didnt go. Arg....

Edit,

After return to Seattle once discharged from military, '78, they errected a huge Hendrix statue at the Center. Really embarassing. They portrayed him as right handed. Not sure if they ever corrected that.....

Edited by CROWB8
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, CROWB8 said:

Likely a few Strats and a flying "V".   [wink]

jimi-hendrix-with-a-flying-v-tom-copi.jp

Whitefang

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Whitefang said:

Likely a few Strats and a flying "V".   [wink]

jimi-hendrix-with-a-flying-v-tom-copi.jp

Whitefang

SG as well. IDK why, just forgot the V.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, duane v said:

Jimi was great by people gotta get over he's the best guitarist ever. He hasn't been able to play a note in over 50 years, cause we all know why. To think no guitarist has made any forward progress since he died is ridiculous. And if you don't think so I got two words for you, Richard Thompson, oh you want two more, how about Lindsey Buckingham.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Jimi was great by people gotta get over he's the best guitarist ever. He hasn't been able to play a note in over 50 years, cause we all know why. To think no guitarist has made any forward progress since he died is ridiculous. And if you don't think so I got two words for you, Richard Thompson, oh you want two more, how about Lindsey Buckingham.

How did my response influence you to pound out the above absurdly out of context response????????