Gibson Brands Forums

Al Stewart - Year of the Cat

IanHenry

"On The Border" was one I liked form that LP.  Remember how some people thought it was Donovan when they first heard the song "Year Of The Cat" on the radio?   Glad to see he's still getting around.

Whitefang,  who'll add this for kicks.....

We were sitting in Epcot one night during the Christmas holidays time a couple years ago, they have these concerts every night and such.  We were sipping some bubbly from Fffrraanntz and on came Al Stewart.

We sat there at least an hour listening.  He did this one.  It was nice!

rct

A few weeks ago my buddies and I had a group text going and we started some thing where we all would record ourself singing/playing a song and share on the text. I wanted to surprise them with something unexpected, so I grabbed my guitar unplugged and did a verse of Year Of The Cat. They weren't as impressed with it as I was impressed with myself. [cool]

Last year he played at our local Music Club, I loved "Year of the Cat" when it came out in HS. 

He did about 1/2 the songs from the album, his band is young, they open for him as The Empty Pockets and are very good.

I had not seen any photos of him for years, I was taken a bit when he walked out - I said to my wife "Why is your father on stage?" - but once he started singing there was no mistake.  His voice is as great as it was back then.  And he did some Monty Python type jokes in-between songs.  A great show if you ever get the chance.